Welcome New Members

Hello Everyone, I started my Civ life with Civ 3 and I love Civ 4.

I am Currently looking over all the mods for the game and I'm very impressed with the work done by the members here.

I hope with some Practice I can create something interesting.

I'm new to Civ and to this forum (Yay fresh meat!).

what can I say about myself, well I've played a bunch of other RTS games, Starcraft, a bit of Warcraft, and a few others.

I also have an addiction to The Sims 2.

And I'm in university and really shouldn't have bought myself another distraction.:p

i have been playing since civ 2 and i love it. i play mostly strategy games but also play counterstrike when i can. i am from sark in the channel islands (which you prob dont know -- bit south of england) and am going through collage there. so i agree with Andygal
really shouldn't have bought myself another distraction
:p

Howdy, been around since Civ2, never really liked 3 all that much. So far (4 hours of playtime) I like 4. I pretty much stick to turn-based strategy and wargames, since my 50 year-old reflexes are, well, 50 years old.

Great forums running here...

Hey guys (and gals maybe),

Been a civ fan for a long time, since Civ 1, never really hardcore till Civ 4 though. Can't leave the damn thing alone now... talk about addictive! Haven't tried multiplayer yet, too scared of a pasting I guess, plus its rare I get enough time to play for more than 1 sraight hour so...

Anyway good to be aboard :D

Hello everybody

I'd just like to say how impressive the civfanatics community is to me - very informative, extremely helpful and an all round great resource for the civ-nut in me. Thanks everyone for all the tweaks, and of course to this site for the patch!

Happy times to all.

Greetings everyone,

this is my first post in here. I have lurked here a few times and I decided that this is a good opportunity to hop in :) I own Civs 2 to 4 but Civ 4 is the first non-budget edition I got... having posters and all now!

Oh, and possibly see you in Civ 2 and/or Civ 3 discussions as well.

This will be my third post, so it's about a time to introduce myself.

I've been playing periodically Civs as long as I remember. First the DOS version of Civ1, then Civ2 first on Mac, then PC. Then Civ3 and now Civ4. Always been my favourite game. Naturally there's been long periods when i've grown tired playing, but always i have "found Civ again."

What else...
I'm at my late 20's, and I live in southern Finland.
I have two brothers who are as or almost as much dedicated to the civ series, one is currently an Apolyton forum member, I just joined here, and the other bro is yet to decide. :)

The main reason I chose to follow this site over Apolyton when I found out Civ4 was under development, was that I found here the news faster and the pre-release info was better. :) Good work, Civrules!

-u-

After reading review after review, issue report after issue report... I finally got myself a copy of the game this morning... Have to say... good thing I waited for the issue be worked out by NVidia and Fraxis... Just finish my tutorial... all I can say... It is a great game!!

LouLong said:
Welcome ! The (few) female members of CFC will be delighted to have you around.

I'm proud to say I'm one of the few female members :) I love being around all this testosterone!!

Hey everyone. I am pretty much brand new to this site, but far from brand new to Civiliztion. I actually started with Civ I back around 1994, when my uncle introduced it to me. I was in 8th grade at the time, and I've been a Civ fan ever since. I have Civ II and Civ III and will be getting Civ IV in about a few weeks. So that's why I'm here, in order to learn more about Civ IV and eventually play online. I have always been pretty good at Civ, but this time I'm going to take it a little more seriously and finally play against some humans. That should prove...most interesting.

Hey all. I've made a few posts but never introduced myself... This is the first Civ game I've played, my only other strategy game experiences were heavy addictions to Panzer General and the SimCity series. :D This is an awesome game and I wish I'd have caught on to it sooner. Have learned a ton from this website too, so thanks to the salty vets for all the knowledge. :beer:

Hello, Having been attending this site for a couple of years while being in univeristy I was simply an information hog from the strategies to the war academy. However never having posted...because I figured...why post I could be playing...
Now that I have graduated from Computer Engineering :scan: and find myself in a cubicle... and can't play at work :cry:
With one downfall comes another upswing in that I now have time to read and post at work....:rolleyes:
So Hello everyone and Thank you

Just a small intro from me.

My name is Tony (funnily enough), I am 30 years old and I come from bonney Scotland. I started my Civ life with Civ3 which I then expanded with the Play the World pack. I totally loved this game and couldn't wait for Civ4. Unfortunatley I am one of the many having issues with it, but I have had about an hours worth of game play and have seen the massive potential.

Other hobbies include, RC cars (both electric and nitro), WWE Wrestling, real cars, motorbikes and hiding from my wife and kids :D

I hope some of you will reply to my query in the tech thread and I will be up and running in no time, then I can bore you all with how bad I am at the game :lol:

Cheers,

Tony

Hello.

This lurker originates from Sweden. I have been lurking for quite a while now, think I started with the release of Civ III. Thought it was time to let my presence be known and join the discussion.

I have been playing Sid Meiers games for as long as they have been around. I started with "Pirates!" and it all went downhill from there... =) To this date I still play Colonization, Civ II and Alpha Centauri with great joy. I even blow the dust off of Civilization from time to time just for comparison and re-living the memories. But nowadays, the only game I have time to play is Civ IV. It is truly better than my expectations.

I enjoy single player campains far more than multiplayer and I think I always will be. To recreate history and/or totally re-write it is, to me, far more interesting than micromanaging and tweaking strategies online. But I guess that is why Civilization is so popular. You can do it all in one game! =)

See y'all in the forum.

(Heja Modo Hockey!)

ello all,

I've been a Civ player since Civ 2 back in 1997. Actually I was in high school at the time and my mother brought it home, got owned by it, and passed it on to me. It became a quick addiction and I've been thoroughly obsessed ever since.

Civ 2 I have beaten ONCE on Emperor, Civ 3 I can usually win on Monarch... but in Civ 4, I'm having issues even beating Prince... so I know there's more I need to learn. I'm thinking of stepping back down to Noble and rethinking some strats.

But that's about it =D

Hello all just saying a hello. I just bought the game about a week ago and it's been great (very nice game). I already got some great help from the people here and it seems like a great community here. I was quite involved in Battle for Middle Earth (RTS) and was and still am involved in a clan (a clan called [WISE] for people older than 20 who play the game) there (although i don't play the game anymore) and so far this community seems really great. I live near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have a wife a son and in a week or so another child. I'm 25 and work full time. Hope to meet some more of you in the future.

:D

Hello all, thanks so much for making us new members feel at home! I've been watching this site for some time, reading the Civ 3 articles and discussions, but haven't taken the chance to introduce myself until now. I've been playing for about the last 10 years, ever since a friend introduced me to his old copy of the first Civ game. I'm just diving into CIV now and am finding I have a lot to learn, but also that it's an incredible improvement over Civ 3. Unfortunately very little time to play, as I have just moved to London from New York and am still getting settled, but hopefully over the holidays...

Top Bottom