Welcome New Members

Been a civ fan since CIV the boardgame. I just joined this site for the express purpose of finding out how to destroy a city you already own. Saw a bunch of interesting threads tho... Can anyone tell me how to find this answer fast, so I can relocate a city to serve as a panama canal on my true earth map. To those of you who hate that Sid Meier added Steam as a middleman while still giving us horible multiplayer options, Im with you. Why do I have to be connected to the internet to play when there no reason to play on the internet. The fact that Civ crashes five turns in on multiplayer games makes it the perfect game to play when I DONT have the internet. Also any tips for a viable LAN or multiplayer game are appreciated. Also dissapointed that upping the difficulty pits you against the same stupid-as-dirt AI just with hordes of units.

Hi, I've been into computer gaming since the Commodore Vic-20 days when my wife was a rep for Microprose. So, I had all of those great, early Sid Meier games. But, somehow, I never had any of the Civilization series until now and I am just learning to play Civ5!

Rick Abshier
http://KQ4Y.com

Hey, just trying to pick up some strats for my game!

Not sure how to get access to the other post. :/ Says I am restricted.

Not sure how to get access to the other post. :/ Says I am restricted.

It might be that you've followed one of the links to the private war academy forum.
-> you might check out if the article is available in the public forum here.

I have been playing civ 1 since the days I had a 486! I loved civ 1 and dabbled in civ 3 but now that I have a new pc I have started playing civ 4 and realized I have missed a lot. I am going to be scanning the forums looking for strategy and tips on playing civ 4.

Cheers

Hello from Japan!

Fairly new Civ 4 player here starting on noble (k-mod) so i don't pick up any bad habits. Just lost my first full playthrough to an AI cultural victory by a few turns (diplo win vote just passed :mad:) but nevermind, I did learn a lot which is what matters right?

Been lurking around here a while, reading articles and watching let's plays (TMIT / tsinha). Thought I'd register to express my gratitude to the community for the high standard of advice available here... so, cheers all!

Hi to all the Civ players. I'm happy to find this site.
How can you win a science victory on Deity in GOTW at early AD? I have seen this done, and I have had Civ Revolution the day it a came out and It just seems impossible. any cheats or what??

Hello. I am an experienced Civ player. Playing Civ for almost 20 years. Have played all the Civs until now. If anyone wants to play any of the civs in multiplayer my contact details are:

MSN: nikola_mihov[at]hotmail[dot]com
Yahoo!Messenger: n.mihov[at]yahoo[dot]com

Can play almost at any time. Looking forward for a game!

Hey everyone! Ive been a Civ fan ever since the first glimpse i had of it as my older cousin played it on his computer. I didn't learn the name then, and for years i dreamed of the game.

Anyways, long story short, i now know the name and play it quite often. I'm even considering purchasing Civ 5.

I also love roleplaying, and plan to post AARs for EU3 (another awesome game) and Civ4 on the forum! I'm planning to make them interactive AARs, where ill ask the members of the forum what to do next, and for tips or tactics.

Anyways, I've written too much. Cheers!

Just joined up on the forums, but I've been modding Civ for close to ten years now. I had an old account but in between changing email addresses and computers, I lost the login information for it a few years ago and never got around to making a new one.

Currently I'm looking into a few things. First, is Thorgrimm still working on his Fallout mod for Civ3? Or is anyone making one for the newer versions of Civ?

Secondly, has anyone developed a good science fiction mod for Civ V?

Hello

After a number of years playing FreeCol, I got a copy of Civ IV at a Car Boot, and have become hooked.

Hi everyone Im Dickie and live in England joined because I have a problem with V5 and hoped you may have an answer to it. Every time I get into the middle of a game my screen goes crazy and I have difficulty in seeing what is going on. Therefore I cant control my units because Im fighting half blind. Any solutions much appreciated.:)

Secondly, has anyone developed a good science fiction mod for Civ V?
I believe there's going to be a scenario that comes with the ucoming expansion pack.

Welcome, everyone!

Hi all! I am new and want to say hi! Also how do you get able to join the forum games section?
Thanks
FPSlover

Hello all! I'm a 36-year-old music, film and art dork into some choice PC games, mostly in the "tycoon" category or The Sims. Then I started reading about Civ5 and was intrigued by the expansive gameplay and the graphics, particularly the hex grid. I'm a fool for beautiful games, so I decided to have a go at it. I've been playing for a couple of days and I'm amazed at how it captured my attention. I'm not normally into "war" type games, but Civ5 is so, so much more than that. After doing some Googling, I found this forum and thought I should register, as I'm sure I'll have questions. Plus, I like reading what others have to say. Great site!

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa, aka siouxdax

I've been lurking in the forums for over a month now, thought i'll just say hi to the civilized ppl.
I had bought civ4 vanila few years back and then stopped playing, now i c that mostly bts is played so i upgraded to keep up.
Wanted to know if civ5 is worth buying specially since i've become a fan of civ4. I havnt heard the best about civ5, but is it an acceptance issue with the civ4 players or its just not gd enough?

Top Bottom