Welcome New Members

jbrigante said:
hello there - I've been getting some good tips from the forums in the last few weeks, so maybe it's time to join and give some feedback too, isn't it?

Sure, welcome to the forum:wavey:.

Hi. I wanted to write a brief letter of introduction/hello. I've played all four versions of Cviilization, but only recently have really upped my strategy. I read here about specialization of cities and it is improving my play. I played in the GOTM-02 and came in 333rd out of about 400. I like playing civilization, and one of my favorite memories of the game was in civ 1 or civ 2 when I had a massive fleet of bombers and was terrorizing the enemy with bombers and politicians (I can't remember the name of the unit but it was non combat but would prevent the enemy from using the land it was on). I am playing several hotseat games with my friends. Whe have two two player games and one three player game going. Those take a long time. Only when we recently committed to take fast turns as possible were we able to get to abouit 1500 AD in a matter of three or four hours.

I have a weakness that I value tech above everything else and focus on it. I am beginning to get good at improving my military.

I think I am going to play GOTM-03 on the adventurer level.

--PolarSky

:wavey: All!
PolarSky said:
I have a weakness that I value tech above everything else and focus on it. I am beginning to get good at improving my military.

So? It's the way you play. I've beelined to rocketry when everyone else was discovering steampower.

hi I am here looking for answers to some questions. My first is for a friend who just purchased civ 4 and when we installed the game video on movie is smooth but audio is jerky. I experienced the same thing on the civ 4 website until it finished loading. Also during game play everything but trees remains black even after scouts, warriors etc... have traveled over the terrain the only way to get any info about terrain is to point mouse at the terrain. another thing when contacted by other civs the only thing you see is thier eyeballs and thier teeth maybe occasionally feathers or parts of uniforms. he has a hewlet packard a735w pc running windows xp he has 512 mb ram and 64 meg video card does any one have any ideas I would appreciate it

buckwert said:
hi I am here looking for answers to some questions. My first is for a friend who just purchased civ 4 and when we installed the game video on movie is smooth but audio is jerky. I experienced the same thing on the civ 4 website until it finished loading. Also during game play everything but trees remains black even after scouts, warriors etc... have traveled over the terrain the only way to get any info about terrain is to point mouse at the terrain. another thing when contacted by other civs the only thing you see is thier eyeballs and thier teeth maybe occasionally feathers or parts of uniforms. he has a hewlet packard a735w pc running windows xp he has 512 mb ram and 64 meg video card does any one have any ideas I would appreciate it
I don't know much about that particular PC, but I had similar problems to your friend and had to upgrade from a 64Mb graphics card to a 256Mb card, to cure all my problems.

Have you tried setting the game graphics to low resolution, also you can adjust the ini file to use less video memory. I tried both of them and managed to play my first game of Civ4 to completion.

Hi there,

I'm a long-time Civ fan who went through addictions to Civ I and especially Civ II. I was unimpressed by Civ II's immediate follow-ups, so much so I never tried III at all. But I've just purchased IV (along with a video card upgrade to play it), and I'm very impressed by the improvements.

I'm hoping to hang out here and pick up strategies and tips, and eventually contribute some (after a few obligatory ass-whuppins by the AI, of course).

...going back into lurk mode...

Hello!

I have been playing Civ4 for a while now but now want to start modding it.
There are several tools I have found here that have been very useful.
I have some questions aout custom maps and what but I will save those for the appropiate forums.

Heya,
I'm a graduate student out in New England, hopefully leaving this cold craphole for somewhere warmer very soon.

I've always enjoyed Civ because it helps satisfy my megalomania -- I name my civilzation and all my cities after me.

Actually I've been lurking off and on for 13 months now. I think I'm mostly interested in the Tales forum. I've just started modding my Civ 3. I have a copy of Civ 4, but I'm not going to try and install it until Spring Break. Knowing how I play Civ3 too much. I'm certain that cracking up Civ4 will eventually lead to me getting fired from my job.

I just can't quit the durn thing...

Hello, i am a major civ fan and this is my first civ forum. I don't have the game yet but i played all other civ games including those that are in space. But there is one thing that still concerns me, why dont they have Turks
in Civ4. Come on man there are only two empires that lasted more than 400 years on this earth, one is Roman empire and the other is the Ottoman empire. Some understanding please!

Hey Everyone!

I'm new too all this stuff but LOVE Civ and have been playing since CIV 1. I think it was about the first game I ever played at home.

Love reading all the different threads and have been doing it for ages!

Keep it up

Hello there...

Been a lurker for ages here, learnt a lot.

I started out with civ 1 way back when, but I pretty
much missed out civ 2. Civ 3 was big and now I'm
learning Civ4. Definitely the best in the series imho!

Posting from Finland, listening to Moz. :cheers:

Greetings!:D

First I'd like to thank everyone involved in the development and maintenance of Civfanatics. Your time and effort is not lost on me and I appreciate both very much.:D

I look forward to playing the GOTMs once I'm able to access the games from my CivIII saves/scenarios. :( If anyone knows where the FAQ thread is for these kinds of difficulties please feel free to comment or email me at guy1202@yahoo.com. :scan:

I played CivI until sometime after the CivIII release...which is when I purchased CivII. I didn't feel all that comfortable with the graphics of CivII :crazyeye: , which seemed more suited to a 17" monitor rather than my 14", and the "birdseye/diamond" view felt awkward compared to the "lookdown" of CivI. CivII also was a strain on my pc's resources:eek: . None of these "detriments" a fault of the game but they did discourage me from playing CivII...and encouraged me to look at CivIII before Electronics Boutique put it in the bargain bin. When I acquired CivIII I loved it from the first game. :D The Monarch level has lost it's challenge and I'm moving up to Emporer.:king:

I live on Long Island, NY, am a writer, 42yrs old, male, and getting married Sunday, 26 February 2006 (less than a week from today):D . When I get back from our honeymoon (London, Paris, Madrid, Rome) in late March maybe I'll be able to join some of you in a GOTM [see above] though it will be more for "participation" :) than "competition":sad: .

Hello...

I'm brand new to the forum and CIV IV itself. So I stumbled upon this place to gather some tips on how to succeed in this game. Sounds fun...but almost daunting to be utterly successful in your first attempt. See you in the forums!

Rated R :king:

Hey all

I've been a player of Civ3 for a while, one of my all time favorite games of alltime. CIV 3 FTW!:eek:

Top Bottom