Information Drought?

Eagle Pursuit

Per Scribendum, Volo
We've had it pretty good so far.

BNW was announced in mid-March. PAX was the following week and more info continued to trickle out for a week or so after that.

Then it was a few weeks later that they started the "Shadows Hint Game". And now mid-April we had a bunch more info drop.

The mid-month stuff came from game magazines. The magazines won't do any more major articles until next month. There are no more major game conventions between now and mid-May.

They have talked quite a bit about the major features now. They could probably reveal more about Ideologies or any new generic units there may be. Also the last 4 civs. Also there are the 2 scenarios to talk about, but there are three months left for them to space it out.

So are we in for 5 weeks of no information? Will they do any community outreach in the meanwhile?

I think they're going to show 2 civs in May and 2 in June. The rest of the information I can see them trickle through over the course of the time, but I doubt we'll get much more information in July, since then it's about 1-2 weeks left until its release.

I have a feeling there will be a period of virtual silence. I'd like to learn more about these bazooka men. I hope they are not a future unit however. XCOM squad is already more than enough to make me cringe. lol Maybe they'll add some units for the earlier eras. One can only hope.

Gods & Kings was announced in mid February and by the end of April we knew all the civs. If they follow the same marketing plan then we'll know all the civs by mid-late May.

A musical hint would be fun. I think they will do the Shadow Hint Game again. It worked well.

Cryptic clues could be fun, as long as they get them just the right level of cryptic-ness. More cryptic than the hints accompanying the shadows, or at least more cryptic than the Zulu one. An audio clue, a cryptic clue, and a visual clue, perhaps.

Cryptic clues could be fun, as long as they get them just the right level of cryptic-ness. More cryptic than the hints accompanying the shadows, or at least more cryptic than the Zulu one. An audio clue, a cryptic clue, and a visual clue, perhaps.
What if they gave us the theme music for one of the civs, it'd be awesome as long as it's more cryptic than Sweden's (I can sing the whole anthem and one of the extra passages to that theme without problems!)

What if they gave us the theme music for one of the civs, it'd be awesome as long as it's more cryptic than Sweden's (I can sing the whole anthem and one of the extra passages to that theme without problems!)

Why would a Thai be learning how to sing the Swedish national anthem? x)

Why would a Thai be learning how to sing the Swedish national anthem? x)
Eftersom jag gillar Sveriges nationalsången! (Because I like it)

I can also sing "I Vow to thee, my country" and "Drømte mig en drøm i nat" (England's and Denmark's themes).

In the meantime we can share lame jokes and near-death experiences!

Developer Diaries tend to surface when the so called "Information Drought" hits.

A musical hint would be fun. I think they will do the Shadow Hint Game again. It worked well.

Nearly everybody got Shaka's shadow, but did anyone guess Maria I?! LoL I don't think so, but it sure was fun with all the guessing!

And this resource linked to a civ, is still fun!

Nearly everybody got Shaka's shadow, but did anyone guess Maria I?! LoL I don't think so, but it sure was fun with all the guessing!

And this resource linked to a civ, is still fun!

When the shadow image of Maria came out, somebody took only a few minutes to find out the pillars were on some Portuguese building, lol.
But people thought the hair was a turban, so the initial thought was Moors.

Maybe they could post a video of the music and let us guess based on that...

I like that idea. Although I suspect it'll either be quick or slow. It'll either be a famous song associated with a civ or something made up that's related to the civ.

Top Bottom