How is score calculated?

Well, since no one's grabbed this one...
In GOTW, the score is reflected by the year in which you dominated the map. Kill everyone by 600 AD, and that's you score, which would put you right now, somewhere in the 50'sh range of the cheiften leaderboard(let's just say).

In regular play however, score is tabbed by, and this is a guess since no one will ever officially confirm; population, culture, landmass, degree of tech, victory type, how big a space ship you build, when it arrives, how many wonders built, and maybe if you still giggle when Ghandi threatens you it'll give a bonus of 50.

Ah, re-edited... When I actually opened my eyes to re-read the post I notice Ps3. I'm sorry. Apparently there's a bit of a problem with the leaderboards on the ps3.
It's known, and being worked on. The above still applies however, but there maybe a massive delay for posting your score, if at all. Again, you have my sympathy.

Well, since no one's grabbed this one...
In GOTW, the score is reflected by the year in which you dominated the map. Kill everyone by 600 AD, and that's you score, which would put you right now, somewhere in the 50'sh range of the cheiften leaderboard(let's just say).

In regular play however, score is tabbed by, and this is a guess since no one will ever officially confirm; population, culture, landmass, degree of tech, victory type, how big a space ship you build, when it arrives, how many wonders built, and maybe if you still giggle when Ghandi threatens you it'll give a bonus of 50.

Ah, re-edited... When I actually opened my eyes to re-read the post I notice Ps3. I'm sorry. Apparently there's a bit of a problem with the leaderboards on the ps3.
It's known, and being worked on. The above still applies however, but there maybe a massive delay for posting your score, if at all. Again, you have my sympathy.

My scores get posted within 12 hours on the PS3 Leader Board... and I play on Diety.

I don't believe this though sometimes people with much later dates appear higher in the leader board, I posted this because nobodies had a straight answer so far.

I don't believe this though sometimes people with much later dates appear higher in the leader board, I posted this because nobodies had a straight answer so far.

That's a possibility. You can do better than someone else and win later on. For example, a domination victory in the 1800's probably isn't worth as much as a culture, economic, or science victory in the 1800's.

Assuming the score is like in singleplayer then victory condition is not relevant at all.

What seems to be relevant is:
Total population, so the more and bigger cities the better
Amount of buildings and wonders built in the cities (and units)
Amount of Gold
Amount of techs researched

This all somehow divided on the amount of turns used. Still it seems like a milking game with finishing as close to 2100AD as possible gains you the highest score on SP. Another thing to note is that it seems the early finish bonus is much smaller then for traditional CIV on the PC.

Only time i managed to get first rank on single player i finished in the 1850's and had built/owned all wonders except bank and united nations, and had all buildings in almost all of the cities and a fully packed spaceship with all parts done. I used the travel time to rush buy everything in my cities and built units in the cities. Used Atlantis to research 3 future techs (old techs gained through wonder that comes with Spaceflight), and so on.

I copied here the current leaderboard from PS3 GOTW - Deity:

i61..........300 AD Domination
cristig.....2000 BC Domination
Rawchief.....900 BC Domination
JamboRabbo..1730 AD Economic
Lafiel......1830 AD Cultural
Bears_Guy...1325 AD Domination
JPons.......2018 AD Spaceship
Deep0_......1600 AD Spaceship
SHU_B_DOO...1940 AD Domination
jeff1.......1800 AD Economic

I don't think is anything to understand here :mad: .

Too bad that even those with remarkable results, as the spaceship victory in 1600 AD in the list, will be demotivated.

On the other hand, this is a good example that tabbed leaderboard can be useful, because to do a spaceship in 1600 is not easy even with a very good start (= conquering all but one capital).

Can someone tell me how score is calculated? And why we never get to see our score?

It puts me at the top of the score board no matter what score i get. seems fine to me. it must calculate the score on the ps3 by how good looking you are.lol

On a different note i like watching the history channel so i may of seen your work patrick.

Too bad that even those with remarkable results, as the spaceship victory in 1600 AD in the list, will be demotivated.

On the other hand, this is a good example that tabbed leaderboard can be useful, because to do a spaceship in 1600 is not easy even with a very good start (= conquering all but one capital).
Thanks. I'm not particularly pleased with the scoring system either, as you can imagine... and no, I didn't conquer all but one capital, IIRC I maybe conquered 1 or 2 cities, but no capitals.

this was all done using 'organic' growth...

What's more annoying to me, is that this is not the best game I played for GotW: I've lost my connection a couple of times just at the brink of total victory... I had one projected SS at 1400. I've seen a couple of posts where people can retry GotW games, but for me that doesn't work: a second time the score is not transmitted, it seems.

DeepO

3 turns away from victory and...disconnected.
Tried to start a new game but too late, the kids were all up and the only time of the week where I can get 2-3 hours of Xbox time are over.

Top Bottom