Serious balancing issues!

the game has a serious balancing issue with fights. It seems units with more stats under their name like geurella and samuari castle win easier. I've seen some outrages battles!
Example 1: cruiser- 9 attack
galleon- 3 defense
Galleon victorous.This happened 3x in one game!http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:

I had the exact same thing. Lost FOUR cruisers to galleons..IN A ROW! That turn sucked hard

I wasn't complaining about the balance issues. I just thought it interesting that the same thing happened to someone else.

If you have 3 or 4 cruisers losing to a single galleon in a row, you really need to stop and think.

If you form a fleet with those cruisers, suddenly you'll have a 27 v 3 battle and an automatic win (due to the overrun advantage).

If your saving, losing the battle, and reloading to lose again, that doesn't work in civ rev because there's no new random seed on the reload.

They were all different battles in different parts of the world. And, um, yeah, I figured out the random seed deal. (Worked great before if I didn't like what the Barbs gave me)

What I have noticed is that stronger small size units (IE catapults, ships,tanks, artillery) often lose against weaker units with more 'personel', such as archers, pikemen. You don't want to know how often I lost a veteran catapult (6) against a forrested legion army (4.5).

I guess the catapult would have to score 3 "hits" vs the army before the legion army gets a single "hit" on the catapult ?
Can anybody confirm this ?

If so the _true_ probability of winning a fight 6 (57%) vs 4.5 (43%)
would be more like 6 (about 20%) vs 4.5(3times) (about 80%)

And that would explain your (and my!!!) bad luck with single units and single ships

Make armies!!!!

for me this stuff evens out

i win as many lopsided battles as i lose

of course its tougher to get as excited about retaining that galley as it is to get upset over losing that cruiser but thats the way it goes

but i certainly get excited when that single archer or archer army performs over its head and keeps that city that just flipped safely in my hands when it should have lost

i hate the way the units strafe before hitting and just pause and do nothing and then a !bam!. And i can't count the amount of times and archer army has run out, all fired one arrow each, and destroyed my tank.

Once I off loaded a veteran horse army off a galley into a forrest square where my fortified militia was standing. The Opponant attacked with an archer army 4.5 and ended up against my militia 3 and lost I was laughing so hard I almost missed a turn.

I find naval battles to be the most frustrating battles ever, so much that there are two rules I have for naval battles:
1) If you don't have a fleet don't attack
2) Face your ships toward their ships, and defend (galleys!)

I'm not sure 2 makes a difference, but it makes me feel better.

Top Bottom