Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
I'm Askia and I can get money easier than most.

This is the Emperor thread of the new SG's, Optional already started his Immortal game and with ten ppl on the wannaplay-list, we decided to split us up into teams.

As we already discussed, Songhai is a good civ to play, not too strong but pretty good, even if you have to change plans during the game. Fractal map is a mystery map, sometimes they are just funny pangaea maps, other times you can actually be stranded on your own continent, but it is very rare to be completely alone.

So if you want to play this Emperor game, please sign up.

I'm off for a little bit to check out some starting saves and upload some pics of the starting positions and we go from there. :)

Ok, I'm the teamleader of this game.

Edit: So attachments doesn't give the whole pic anymore, I better go to photobucket or someplace. :(

Attachments

• goz.JPG
    goz.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 368
I havn't figured out how to put pics to this wall yet, it was so easy long time ago.

SomeoneLikeHim, gimme some credentials on your playingstyle, levels you're comfy with and so on. I would let anyone play, but 4 posts on this forum makes me nervous. :)

:lol: I can see why you're nervous. Basicly i have been lurking here for some time now and i wanted to do something like this. I usually win on emperor and i have won one time on immortal (yesterday :)). Most of my games are actually science victories so i am definately more experienced in that area, however on i usually conquer one of my neighbors if they have wonders and are relatively weak :)

I am really just hoping to learn from players with other playstyles and I hope that i can be of some help as well :)

Good enough for me, If you like Emperor level and are sort of comfortable with, I have nothing more to say, except: You're in! :)

I used to be an all out Deity player on Civ3, Civ4 kinda ditched my game and I never really got onto playing it fully and now Civ5 is way beyond what I used to play. But I have put in 1300 hrs in this game and won maybe 30-35 times. I sort of start to lose interest after 200 turns, so a SG might play it to the end.

But I have to admit, I do suck at Civ5, compared to some of the ppl on here...:)

Did I get it right this time?

Yeah, kind of in the right direction.

Ok, some cropping will do it, but above you see the splendid leader of this team, (should've put him in some dark forest or something, but he's great as is. Can't be stuffed cropping him again, since I want starting pics out.

Number 2 was the one that caught my eye the first time, but i say we wait for more players before we start discussing in earnest.

There you have it, it took my some headache to sort out how to crop pics and find a site from where I could upload them....took me 2 hrs.

But here are our starts, all great starts depending on what you want. I tried to mix production starts with money and happy. They are all really good starts and I only regenerated like 9 starts. I don't want to start on a tip by the ocean with 3 tiles to work with, or next to 5 desert-tiles on the second expansion. I don't care if we have 48 iron on those tiles, it's not how we play the game.

So we have some options.

however as you say they are all good starts. The thing i liked about 2 was the luxes + ocean and river :).

1: Powerhouse, with growth coming from either granary or HG. Mighty good start if you're looking for production.

2: Wicked, but what's inland after a start like that? No fish as coastal is pretty ordinary, but the gold and gems surely makes up for that! Good start on any map, I would say.

3: Heaps of money in that start and marble to top it off for a wonder or two. Not bad production either, if you chose to mine riverhills. Another good start.

4: No river, that is the only thing that makes me want this map more, there is a river up there and a second city could be the maintainance city. I love this spot, in a hundred turns it will be a unbelievable powerhouse. But, what is beyond?

5: Another strong spot, if we picked that one, I would move onto one of the cottons right away, and it would still be a powerhouse.

I already said that I like save 4 the most, since this is Emperor and the Immortals in the other game would be droooooooooling over any of these sites, esp number 4. If you think just gpt, then Askia can do that easily by his trait.

But this is my expressions of the starts, I'm going with what the team wants.

IF we get a team.

I think you're right. The thing 4 lacks is the luxes but we can find those elsewhere. Production and foodwise it is awesome.

I think the luxes are by the river :) I haven't looked at the game, and if it get's rejected by a team I will surely play that map.

But as you say, 2 is seriously good especially if we want to do RA's. But I squint at the picture and it feels like we're sitting at Land's End. The fog looks like water to me, which means nothing in the end. The question though, can we expand from here?

We sure can, but what do we get? Risktaking for some shiny bubbles.

Same with my fav, can we really find something better by that river? I would of course settle in place and see what happens, but fractal maps can be funny. Their might be 3 luxes up there or 20 tiles of desert, you never know.

So after that, 1-3-5 are all strong in their ways.

I guess I'll sign up for this one.

I really like 3 and 5, though I think that 3 would be better.

Top Bottom