Quick Questions and Answers

Several questions, which I thought might go better here than in a bunch of new threads:

1) This past game I did a caravan to my capital sending food, and it really grew bigger than normal. Is that really the trick, sending a caravan helps that much?
a. Do you send it throughout the game or do you stop at some point?
-I actually needed more hammers in my capital mid game so I changed it from food to production.

2) Do you guys tend to colonize or not?
-Frankly, with the outpost mod, I see little reason to. I find it slows me down unless I am deliberately playing wide.
1. Sending internal trade routes will provide a rather significant amount of food, especially water routes (note that internal trade routes don't take away food/production from the city that is sending it). I usually use all food internal trade routes but there are a few reasons why someone might use production internal trade routes or international trade routes:

Production: I mostly use this if I had a growth heavy production light coastal or island city and I switch most of my food trade routes to production trade routes close to the end of the game where the longer term investment of food matters less.

International: There are a few reasons to use International Trade Routes:

Gold (obviously): If you are going for a diplomatic victory or you are otherwise in need of gold, International Trade Routes can help.

Science: International Trade Routes gives an empire science bonus (meaning that it is added directly to your cumulative empirewide science and is unaffected by bonuses like rationalism opener) to both civilizations in the trade route based on half the number of technologies that the other civilization has researched that the first civilization has not. Early game on higher difficulties, when your opponents are 4+ technologies ahead, this can be a very significant science bonus. (I believe you also will receive a few beakers from trade routes to civilizations that you have some degree of influence over, but that comes late enough in the game that it is irrelevant)

Religious Pressure: International Trade Routes will spread religious pressure to both civilizations involved in the Route which can be useful for spreading your religion outside of the normal 10 tile pressure radius.

Tourism: Having a trade route with a civilization gives you a +25% tourism multiplier which is useful for cultural victories.

City-State Diplomacy: City-States will occasionally give quests to send a trade route to them which gives you a significant tourism boost. Additionally, the Treaty Negotiation tenet in Freedom will give you influence for having a trade route to City-States

I dont know what the outpost mod is but no I dont colonize in the late game. The main reason js that its too late to get back the investment. Some mods work on that by giving late game settlers that make new cities with rxtra buildings.

Envoyé de mon SM-G903W en utilisant Tapatalk

I dont know what the outpost mod is but no I dont colonize in the late game. The main reason js that its too late to get back the investment. Some mods work on that by giving late game settlers that make new cities with rxtra buildings.

Envoyé de mon SM-G903W en utilisant Tapatalk
Which mods?

Okay I'm back with a quick question! If I wanted to request unit and building models and animations, (and other things related to those. Like UI icons). Where would the best place be to request them? Also where is a good place to find music? Just search around for it? Thanks!

Do you get extra warmonger penalty for simply staying at war? For example you declare war and then keep at it for most of the game without taking cities. Maybe farming Gold for Dutch, Culture for Aztecs or GG points for Sweden.

Do you get extra warmonger penalty for simply staying at war?
No, and unlike Civ4, there is no “war weariness” either. Plus the warmonger penalty for declaring war is lower in the early game and wears off over time. So you can stay at war for 200 turns, constantly killing units and pillaging, and all the AIs think you are peaceful!

[The links to the chat room aren't working for me --- this is the first time I've tried to access it.]

---- erm... nevermind. figured it out...

No, and unlike Civ4, there is no “war weariness” either. Plus the warmonger penalty for declaring war is lower in the early game and wears off over time. So you can stay at war for 200 turns, constantly killing units and pillaging, and all the AIs think you are peaceful!

Thanks. :)

I generally play on a civ 5 on a large map, deity and epic speed. A friend mentioned that epic speed makes the game easier, is this true?

I generally play on a civ 5 on a large map, deity and epic speed. A friend mentioned that epic speed makes the game easier, is this true?
It's harder to rush you and also you are probably better general than the ai and that works better when you have more time and room to maneuver.

Sent from my ZP951 using Tapatalk

What's the difference between Great Plains and Great Plains Plus? Which one has better starts on it?

Why does the AI ask to renew luxury trades for which you no longer have any extras copies of.
And more importantly why does the game lie that you have 2 resources when that trade is offered.

Sometimes I can deal with the loss of 4 happiness. But other times it can be quite crippling.

I got to the point where I no longer accept any trades the AI is offering unless it says I have 3 copies of the resource.

Is this a bug, or is the AI just programmed to be a jackass?

Why does the AI ask to renew luxury trades for which you no longer have any extras copies of.
Because it is a good deal for the AI? The AI will also ask out of the blue for your single copy of a lux -- if you ever did that previously.

And more importantly why does the game lie that you have 2 resources when that trade is offered.
Yes, that is quite terrible. It is a rather annoying bug.

I got to the point where I no longer accept any trades the AI is offering unless it says I have 3 copies of the resource.
That is safe. It also always safe to trade on your turn. It is only for trades initiated by the AI on their turn that you might not really have the number of luxes that the trade screen lists.

Thanks for the answers beetle.

I think this only happens with AIs you previously traded with and then didn't renew the trade.

I wish there was a way to differentiate between ongoing trades and new requests.

If you cancel an ongoing trade you lose 4 happiness for 1 turn. And if you're really unlucky the AI might trade away the resource, tripping the value of that luxury (this never happened to me).

You only see this bug when you trade on AI's turn. If you don't renew trade during AI's turn you won't see this bug. Usually this will happen if another AI didn't renew the trade or if you lost CS ally.

What's the difference between Great Plains and Great Plains Plus? Which one has better starts on it?
GPP is probably a bit better because it spawns Salt and it might have more luxuries in total, GP only uses vanilla luxuries I think.

Top Bottom