LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

I only remember their name, which I didnt like

To: Skilv'so

We would be grateful if you would allow us to base some of our naval explorations from your ports.

Also, can you add the refugee stats in a spoiler under Gorin, Iggy? I know I'm without any country and all, but I need something to work with.

but the black dots are towns correct? could i please get an answer

Silver Steak said:
To: Skilv'so

We would be grateful if you would allow us to base some of our naval explorations from your ports.

It would truly be terrible to deny refugees shelter, especially those of our Crystalist brothers. We will allow you to shelter in our nation, so long as you bring no trouble upon us; we have lived a peaceful existance in the Ivorykeep, and do not wish it to fall apart.

i'm pretty sure the dots are cities which will shorten my orders becuse i was going to order a coastal city

yes dots are cities

Checking in.

And Arcadia has yet to figure out what the heck they’re saying. Though they presumably like pie.

Hell. All I have to do is give them pie and say the words "The One" alot ;].

Great! Thanks, NK. ;)

To: Croyodon

Iggy, will you add the Shalamari flag to the stats as well? It's in the Flags! thread a few pages back. It's the flag with an owl on it. Thanks! :)

So Iggy, did you change it so Zemora was the nation we originally contacted? Because their nation and relgion are the most similar to mine...

To: Zemora

Friends in the East, we share many fundamental beliefs--especially the belief that our Eldos, and your Sky Gods, have commanded us to benefit all mankind. And is it not true that peace is the only way to do so? We would like to observe the peoples of your continents, compare their religions to our, and see if they all share common elements. Would some of you care to visit our continent?

does any body else relise if there is a land bridge in the north evil nations are going to conquer the hell out of what i will call the natives

IronMan2055 said:
does any body else relise if there is a land bridge in the north evil nations are going to conquer the hell out of what i will call the natives

Nope. If there is a land bridge, there would be fairly consistent contact. And with fairly consistent contact, the more "advanced" nations don't have the disease advantage. Thus, while we might make temporary gains, we won't be able to wipe out their population, and their nations will eventually revive. Unless we all pull a silver. :D

Some called it the greatest of all the Houses. Others called it the heart of the world. The marble structure rose high atop its hill above the city of Keliosir, and Guides in their white and deep blue robes swarmed up and down the steps. It was the center of existence in Kelios, the most revered site to followers of both the Path and the Path of Knives and Daggers. It was the holy Hall of the Council, home of the governing Council of Kelios and of the Revered, head of the Council and leader of the Guides.

Almadin[1] climbed the pale, cool marble steps as he had every day since the elections. He was one of the representatives of the citizens of Alsidir in the Council, though he was not considered a major player for his failure to take part in the unification debates. All of the other councilpersons of Alsidir fell into either the unionist or the separatist camps, with the unionists in an immense majority, and Almadin often drifted out of sight with no one to support him.

He paused near the top of the stairs to look in wonderment at this marvel of Kelia engineering. The holy Hall was the greatest possible of all Houses for the Path, as it was the will of many that most clearly reflected the Path, and the holy Hall symbolized above all else the will of many. It was always a bit of a spiritual moment for him, approaching the holy Hall. Alsidir had a holy Hall also, fallen now into disuse with unification, but it was smaller, like the city, and less beautiful. Surely the holy Hall was as close as the world now came to Perfection.

The debates within the Council were as usual today. A few firebrand mavericks were seeking to stamp out the Path of Knives and Daggers (failed by an immense margin). The Alsidir separatists made a proposal to disunite the cities (failed by an immense margin). Proposals to expand the military and to establish more farms in the rich land south of Keliosir were passed. Funds to restore an old House near Alsidir that had fallen into disrepair were set aside. Almadin himself voted with the majority on every issue. They all seemed to him sound followings of the Path.

The Revered himself did not appear for the Council. He had taken to his bed of late, and some said that his soul was readying itself to pass on to a new body. The Council, however, continued as it always did, with or without the Revered. Mourning was unnecessary, for his soul would continue, and the Council always needed to make decisions. There was one decision the Council did not want to make, however, Almadin knew. It would be immensely difficult for them to choose a new Revered.

[1]I changed the name for continuity. All Kelia names end in -n.

To Gamorrea
From Archbishop Caen

We see that you have had the unfortuante pleasure of dealing with the New Eldists- people against your ways. They are attempting to subdue your people and make them weak, so that they can exploit them. Perhaps you would allow our missionaries to spread the word of the One faith and remove this pestillance (horrible spelling) from your lands.

‘o
Begin​

Tha’be’li’li’i ‘gh’li to’o
This man Belili sings the dawn song​

Tha’gh’li to’o’oo
He sings the dawn song that has been sung​

to’o’o a’e’a’a’e’e’a’a’e’e’e’a’a’e’e’a’e’a’e’e’a
the 1467177th Dawn song since the first dawn song.*​

Tha’gh’li ka’li ele’le i’i’o to’o’oo
He sings the dawn song that has been sung by star, wave, and people past​

Tha’gh’li to’fi
He sings this song tomorrow​

i’gh’li to’fi’fi
Someone will sing this song on all tomorrows​

fi
End.​

*4017 years ago

Gerber confirmed.

NK, I've done some hunting myself, not sure if its helpful but...

timeline said:
1092- Skilv'so capital of Ivorykeep established, nation rises to prominence.

During the Negotiations (those that failed to end the war with Veritas):
From The Gorinese Empire
To Croyodon, Maugot, and Skilv'so
Greetings! The Lord Kaiser of the Gorinese Empire send out invitations to all three of your new and rapidly growing nations to a feast at Gorin. The Lord Kaiser wishes to discuss trade with you and to show you about the great Gorin Empire in hopes that all our nations may grow together in peace.

Much later, just after the fall of Veritas:

We propose a mutual protection pact.

From Croyodon
To Skilv'so

We graciously accept a mutual protection pact. We ask that you commit soldiers to help fight off the Lengels that are increasingly threatening the civilized world.

We shall place soldiers into this conflict, do not worry.

To: Davar

Do you want our word as well? :crazyeye:

Quote:
To: Davar

Do you want our word as well?

[Davar:]
Last time I checked I didn't have contact with you . :) . So I sent to all those I did.

Past player of Skilv'so (I hate that name) was Azash.

Soon after:
[Gorin:] perhaps we should call it the Great Alliance? it is pretty Great :p

[Shalamari:] If everyone joins, it is. Currently, we have the CRA, Davar, Emor, Croyodon and Skilv'so. And we need MORE.

Gorinese Historian Rya Czar Orotruski, in his "The Great Civilizations of the World", defined Skilv'so as a "Newly Founded Nation" with Economic Might of 2. For comparison, Gerber was defined a "Pivotal Nation" with Economic Might of 4. Up yours. :p

Later, while Lengels rampaged in Davar:
From Croyodon
To Gorin and Skilv'so

We purpose the remaining land between our three nations be divided as below. With the deserts in the north making it harder for Croyodon to support her population we wish for some of the grasslands in the south.

Green- Goes to Croyodon
Red- Goes to Skilv'so
Purple- Goes to Gorin

This offer, to the best of my knowledge, was ignored.

Joshea the Overused Nosy Citadeler has mentioned visiting Skilv'so.

In the start of the brief Gorinese Age of Isolation:
Gorinese government said:
CC: the International Community

Gorin here by withdraws all contacts and emmisaries from all nations, except from Croyodon and Skilv'so.

ooc effectively i will only talk to those two, if you want to make any official contact with me, then do it through them.

[LATER STILL:]
From the Gorinese Empire
To the International Community

Lord Kaiser Dashada Oborski warns you that any non-Masra or non-Crystalist caught in the Gorinese Empire will be put to death (with the exception of Khemri traders and priests).

ooc people who don't need to worry about this, Shalamari, Khemri, Croyodon, and Skilv'so. Anyone else, you have been warned

Iggur-Chronist said:
Dula's statue? It just spread the religion. Mind you, a lot. It's now the only religion in Croyodon, Skilv'so and Gorin, and is gaining a following in Khemri.

Kentharu said:
umm isn't Masra [Gorinese state religion, corrupted and twisted Crystallism ;) ] suposed to be spreading? or are stats not really done

It's now the sole religion of Skilv'so, Croyodon, Gorin, and in the future will spread further.

The Age of Isolation ended recently, but Skilv'so is extremelly interconnected with Gorin, for better or worse.

From Croyodon
To Shalamari refugees

We will allow you to use our ports to launch naval expeditions, however, we ask that you in turn give us the maps of areas discovered so we can find an outlet for our growing population.

~Darkening~ said:
To Gamorrea
From Archbishop Caen

We see that you have had the unfortuante pleasure of dealing with the New Eldists- people against your ways. They are attempting to subdue your people and make them weak, so that they can exploit them. Perhaps you would allow our missionaries to spread the word of the One faith and remove this pestillance (horrible spelling) from your lands.

~Darkening~, Gamorrea is a theocracy.

Top Bottom