Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Not sure if this is in your power to change, but is there a way to force civs' starting locations to be at least a certain distance from each other? I'm really not liking ErebusContinent's tendency to put civ starting locations right next to each other.

It's funny you should say that, because I came on to mention that as D'Tesh I've started two games now, Epic speed, where I went nearly 200 turns with ~4 active scouts exploring different regions, before making contact with *anyone*.

As D'Tesh, this is worse than bad.

I have to say this is the 1st time I played Rife since the animals went wild.... so been a while lol

I was very impressed with the AI. I can see them using haste often. Im at war with the Chiev and they ALL move speed 2 thanks to haste casters in the stack AND they buy and use healing potions. I watched several times where I barly lose a fight then bingo they unit that won is full health and their turn hasnt even ended. I have about 15 healing potions sitting outside my cites where I killed attackers that I can't pick up with out making new units.

I have to say this is the 1st time I played Rife since the animals went wild.... so been a while lol

I was very impressed with the AI. I can see them using haste often. Im at war with the Chiev and they ALL move speed 2 thanks to haste casters in the stack AND they buy and use healing potions. I watched several times where I barly lose a fight then bingo they unit that won is full health and their turn hasnt even ended. I have about 15 healing potions sitting outside my cites where I killed attackers that I can't pick up with out making new units.

Glad to hear it's going well. :goodjob:

The potions come from the Apothecary, btw.

And the AI will be even better at spells soon, if Snarko's plans work out. :p

Not sure if this is in your power to change, but is there a way to force civs' starting locations to be at least a certain distance from each other? I'm really not liking ErebusContinent's tendency to put civ starting locations right next to each other.

(Some advice on what settings I should use to ensure this doesn't happen would also be appreciated.)

World of Erebus does this a lot too, but I believe it is because it tends to spawn huge deserts in the center of landmasses, where it won't spawn anyone besides the Malakim. This leaves the rest of the civs clumped together. I turn deserts down to "low."

World of Erebus does this a lot too, but I believe it is because it tends to spawn huge deserts in the center of landmasses, where it won't spawn anyone besides the Malakim. This leaves the rest of the civs clumped together. I turn deserts down to "low."

Well, Malakim, Scions, and D'tesh. :p

Include the Dao, consider merging Mazatl and Cualli.

Cualli have the great recon stuff, but both races benefit from recon-line food boosts. Mazatl have (some) religious variance while the Cualli are stuck with Agruonn. If anything the Cualli are still ahead here - two obvious tech lines that provide all their economy, military, and spiritual needs and a hero that isn't actually torture to get at it.

I'd tentatively suggest, instead of overlaying their religions in somewhat awkward (Soldiers of Kilmorph) fashion, making them a minor triatic faith with versatility but no High Priests, and scrapping Wyvern Guardians for three National Wonders representing each of their gods as a prerequisite to calling Coatlann. (You could also leave the Cualli alone and just do this for the Mazatl as a potentially elegant solution to how much everyone hates getting out those :):):):)ing Guardians)

Include the Dao, consider merging Mazatl and Cualli.

Cualli have the great recon stuff, but both races benefit from recon-line food boosts. Mazatl have (some) religious variance while the Cualli are stuck with Agruonn. If anything the Cualli are still ahead here - two obvious tech lines that provide all their economy, military, and spiritual needs and a hero that isn't actually torture to get at it.

I'd tentatively suggest, instead of overlaying their religions in somewhat awkward (Soldiers of Kilmorph) fashion, making them a minor triatic faith with versatility but no High Priests, and scrapping Wyvern Guardians for three National Wonders representing each of their gods as a prerequisite to calling Coatlann. (You could also leave the Cualli alone and just do this for the Mazatl as a potentially elegant solution to how much everyone hates getting out those :):):):)ing Guardians)

Pretty much planning to include the Dao, but the Mazatl and Cualli will never be merged. I hate that change in Orbis, and argued against it constantly. Won't happen.

I also have no intention of removing the Mazatl ability to adopt religions; It allows for at least one Lizard civ to adopt them.

Honestly, the Wyverns were added because I didn't feel like completely scrapping the existing Wyvern Guardian worldspell, but wanted to improve it. :lol:

We have plans for upgrading the Cualli.

Is there any way to remove the minotaurs, or at least make them spawn later and not so many?
They are total gamebrakers, i can barely survive by building nothing but wariors, the AI totaly fails to defend themself.

Is there any way to remove the minotaurs, or at least make them spawn later and not so many?
They are total gamebrakers, i can barely survive by building nothing but wariors, the AI totaly fails to defend themself.

Are you sure you mean Minotaurs? They generally can't get off their leashes (unless someone explores their Lair) for a long time, same with Cyklops. On the other hand, Hill Giants can be pretty nuts and an unlucky spawned couple can take a capital like nobody's business.

Well i had the old version installed, the installer placed the mod in some random folder on my hardrive -.-

I've just suffered the wrath of Acheron. He spawned near a border city of mine and, after a bit of wandering around and looking big and scary, has taken it out. Lucky he's away from my civilisation core, so I am planning vengeance. Very fun new mechanic (and will be even more fun when I take him out) :goodjob:

Mechanos:
- Arcane Barge: Are they supposed to be able to build Arcane Barge? (Just thought it slightly weird since the Mechanos don't like magic, though I guess one could say it isn't magic like with the terraforming Adeptus.)
- Chemistry Lab: Giving Mechanus a unique building replacing alchemy lab with a Chemistry lab, training disciple units(Adeptus and techpriests) instead of arcane might be a good idea,
- Druids: Are they supposed to be able to use druids? I'd figure druid magic would be about the same(At least in their eyes) as adepts and disciple magic. They are also, to my knowledge the only way for Mechanos to get the command promotions.(Incidentally also allowing them to convert mages into their army :p)
- Stir from Slumber: Is it intentional to allow them to cast the stir from slumber ritual..? Since they can never have the white hand religion all it does is make them build a dragon who leaves them as soon as the ritual is complete.

A few non-complicated ideas from my Grigori game.

1. It would be handy if Refugees had the option to upgrade to workers.
  2. Could they also be made to spawn with XP from civics, 0xp warriors are not that great endgame. :p
  3. How about a new promo that reflects the odd choice of conscripting those running from fighting into the army, as well as their lack of familiarity with Grigori customs ect.:
    Refugee: -10% strength/workrate, +10% withdrawal, 1% chance for the unit to disband each turn, lasts 20? turns, -1 to duration on combat victory.​
  4. The Skaven art for Mustaval Arcane unit would be good.
  5. On construction of the Memorial of The Refugee could the Adventurers use the same random race generator as Refugees?

And now for the complex ideas:

1. Use workers to shorten improvements upgrade times:

How:
New worker action,Hasten Construction? Improve Tile?
Provides a boost to upgrade time proportional to the workers Work Rate. 75%? cap, multiple workers do not stack.​

Why:
Mid to end game when you found / conquer a new city it can be a long wait to upgrade the surrounding tiles to the high end improvements. 50 turns for Homestead, for Enclave ect. It also gives workers something to do other than auto trade network. The trade-off between building new improvements & upgrading the old makes it unlikely to be used early-game​

2. Slaves working tiles in the BFC.

How:
New Slave only Worker action, pre-req Slavery: Put to Work.
Provides Workrate/200:
:hammers: Mine, Quarry, Dwarven unique, Lumbermill & Workshop
:commerce: Town, Bedouin unique, Fort, Winery & Foxford
:food: Camp, Farm & Pasture​
Possibly add these too:
:science: Mana Nodes, Ancient/Ruins or Barrow (with a chance to clear?)Most unique Features
:health: Graveyard, Pool of Tears, Tomb of Sucellus​
Give it a 1% chance per turn to kill the slave, they would be doing the dangerous jobs after all.
Add a new Promo, pre-req Slavery & Slaver: Overseer, adds 25% to work-rate but has separate 1% chance to kill the slaves.​

Why:
Currently for most civs Slaves are just crappy workers or sacrificed to Build stuff faster. This makes slaves more useful.​

IMO there is no more annoying worldspell than Stasis. Nothing like twiddling my thumbs for 20 or more turns in a game.

In my second 1.3 game I got a double dose of this in the first 100 turns.

As expected, the Illians had Samhain, White Hand and Stasis in very short order.

Unexpectedly, soon after Auric Ulvin used Stasis that 'guest' civ showed up (forget the name, but I think it begins with a "K") as Illians. They immediately used Stasis.

It may be an unusual occurrence, but 40 turns of Stasis in the early part of a game is a bit much. :crazyeye:

It was also mentioned about the Amurites using their worldspell too fast, but the Illians with that Stasis are the worst!

I'm pretty sure someone already brought this up, but what is up with the WorldofErebus starting locations.

My current game is on a Pangaea like single landmass, and despite that everyone is squashed at the same end(except the Sidar, who went down midgame to idk what). I'd estimate half of the world isn't developed, and no one has even completely explored it yet.

Top Bottom