Resource icon

MAKE YOUR OWN UNITS - FLICster Version 1.0.1 (build 18) now available! 2016-10-05

Neomega said:
Nope. Choosing civ color palette just determines which color grade will change when.

For example, Changing it to white, will make most shades of white turn the civ color. This is a bit of a simplification, but true.

For example, the samauri uses a red palette. In game, all red changes to pink if you are the French.
You're right. I stand corrected. (Note to self: Don't post "how-to's" without testing first)

*Stands*

Is there any word of a newer version of Flicster that fixes the problem of losing pixels with certain resolutions ?

I don't know if this ahs been noted yet... but Flicster incorrectly displays the 16 alpha bland colors after the 16 shadow colors. It shows them as being a lighter shade... but they actually appear to be various shades of grey alpha blend, unfortunately I can not recognize any pattern to it.

I am running into the same problem that Jade8880 (Jun25,2004) posted in this thread, namely Flicster dropping pixels. Does anyone have a work around?
Could this be related to the alpha band color problem that Neomega noted?

I downloaded FLICster build 17 and build 18.
Both installed on my XP sp2 machine without
errors, but when I go to open a flc, all I get
are the file info tab and the extended info
tabs. This omits the tab that actually plays
the animation!

I thought Civ3Flc would be an alternative,
but the thread is closed and the downloads
are removed. I tried the original version of
Civ3Flc that is still posted, but the graphx.dll
download link was missing, hence even this
early version of Civ3Flc does not work.

Is anyone reading this thread anymore? The
last post had no replies.

joel west

I downloaded FLICster build 17 and build 18.
Both installed on my XP sp2 machine without
errors, but when I go to open a flc, all I get
are the file info tab and the extended info
tabs. This omits the tab that actually plays
the animation!

I thought Civ3Flc would be an alternative,
but the thread is closed and the downloads
are removed. I tried the original version of
Civ3Flc that is still posted, but the graphx.dll
download link was missing, hence even this
early version of Civ3Flc does not work.

Is anyone reading this thread anymore? The
last post had no replies.

joel west

Well what is your e-mail buddy cuz I could hook you up with the latest Civ3Flc version that I have...with the .dll's

which is 3, 1, 7, 101

Is there any particular reason why I can download the Full Install (build 17), but no amount of clicking will give me a download window thingy for the Patch (build 18)?

Is there any particular reason why I can download the Full Install (build 17), but no amount of clicking will give me a download window thingy for the Patch (build 18)?

I 2nd that question.

Please forgive if this is a "bump" , but I cannot UNINSTALL FLICSTER .

I have downloaded and re-installed the latest versions , but still get the same message
Can not open logfile c/archivo de programma/flicster/ST6UNST.001
The unistall file in all the downloads is titled ST6UNST ( without the 001 ending )
I have tried changing the file name , but this doest work.
PLEASE HELP . I am suffering constant crashes and have tried absolutely everything to eliminate them . I think that I must have done something wrong in the initial instalation and this is gumming up the works . I only need the civ3 multitool which is excellent and the full flicster is a bit beyond me

gibaut... I know it is frustrating to not be able to Un-install a program.

Edit: I uploaded the Original Zip Files for Flicster from 2002 in the Database under Utilities Here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9961
...You may be able to use them to correct your Flicster installation.
Personally, I prefer Flicster for Unit Making :)

Not sure what Errors you have on your computer concerning installation and Un-install for Flicster but perhaps you also have additional Errors. You can use the following program to easily "Cure" many problems including totally removing programs you no longer want that were installed incorrectly or that you are not able to Un-install.
Low cost program that works well. Read about it here http://www.errorexpert.com/

Thank you. Your response typifies why it is a pleasure and priviledge to be able to participate in the Civ Community , fast, helpful , friendly and expert.
Theres something weird going on with Flicster , the "Control panel add remove software" says that I use Flicster "frequently" , when I have never opened it , and says that its using 5 GIGAS of memory . I will certainly try your recommended "errorexpert" solution . Thank you again

When i try to use flicster, all i get is an open text box with a little area at the top to import a flc file and view it in text form. I had it once before and it had shown me the animation in progress. What is wrong with my flicster???

Maiden666... Make sure you have Flicster v. 1.0.1 build 18 installed. You can get all the files from the above post #214 if you need them.

As for your MOD and wanting UU Suggestions...it would be best to post this question in the Main Forum for Civ3- Creation and Customization where more people will see your post.

Thx much. And the UU ideas in my sig... i got introuble for having a big signature XD. Thx for the suggestion for that question too.

Top Bottom