Faith buying

xXANGLOSAXONXx

Chieftain
I recently came across faith buying, what do you buy with your faith? Is it a good idea to buy great scientists so you can tech fast what else could I do?

If you are going for a cultural victory you can buy musicians, artists, and writers. The musicians can really help at the end.

It depends on what your VC you're going for. For me, the most common is Scientist (plant pre Scientific Theory, or to bulb an important tech) followed by Engineer (wonder rush) and Musician (culture bomb).

Buy the most appropriate for the VC you are perusing. But them at the end of the game, because each one you buy increases the cost of naturally spawned ones.

Buy the most appropriate for the VC you are perusing. But them at the end of the game, because each one you buy increases the cost of naturally spawned ones.

It does??

It does not. Also, this thread is labeled G&K, so you can ignore references to Great Musicians and Writers, since they are BNW only.

The faith cost of Great Persons in both G&K and BNW is completely unrelated to the Great Person Point cost of Great Persons (i.e., "regular" Great Persons). At Standard speed, the cost of each type of Great Person starts at 1000 faith, and increments in multiples of 500 for each subsequent GP of that type --- so the faith cost of GSs goes from 1000, to 1500 (+500), to 2500 (+1000), to 4000 (+1500), etc. and the increment for GEs is the same, regardless of how many GSs you buy.

And none of those faith purchases has any effect on the Great Person Point (GPP) cost of "regular" Great Persons, where the GPP cost increments by 100 (at Standard speed) for each generated Great Person (100 GPP, 200 GPP, 300 GPP, etc.).

In G&K, the main complication is that GSs, GEs, GMs and GAs were all on the same GPP counter, so a Great Artist , for example, would increase the GPP cost of the next GS/GE/GM/GA by 100 points. In BNW, Great Artists were moved to their own counter, so now only GSs, GEs and GMs remain on the common GPP counter (and the new BNW Great Persons -- Great Writers and Great Musicians -- are also on their own separate counters).

For G&K, faith buy an extra GS when you want to bulb one for science, faith buy an extra GE when you want a free late game world wonder, faith buy an extra GA when you want to trigger a Golden Age if you've opened the tree allowing it (in G&K you only need to open trees to allow faith buying that type of Great Person while in BNW you need to complete them.)

Top Bottom