Tech tree rushing? Which routes help you research faster?

Rustypipe

Warlord
Hey,

Personaly I like to rush through the tech tree with as much speed as possible. With this in mind what has everyone been doing or finding working well for this. Personally I usally get 1-3 religons(depending on situations and difficulty) then bronzeworking, then I forest chop / settler rush while rushing up the tech tree to alphabet to start trading techs with the comps. Then I rush for Printing press since I almost always have the Financial trait. Then depending on weather i need to take over land I either go military or start heading for Observitorys and labertories.

What has everyone else been doing ? or what helps your get through the middle of the tech tree as fast as possible as I find this the slow down point for me when rushing the tech tree.

I'd like to see some response to this.

*bump*

If I have over 10 forests around my very first city. I research the following in Order. Ignoring certian starter techs if I already start with them depending on my civilization.

Bronze Working - The Wheel - Mysticism - Meditation - Priesthood - Pottery

I make sure to research Pottery before I complete the Oracle by chop rushing. Then I use the, "Free Technology" on Metal Casting.

This allows me to build Forges in every city, which I usually Chop Rush. Then I research the following in order.

Masonry - Writing - Alphabet

I usually try to chop rush the Pyramid to run either Representation, or Police State depending if I'm either trying to win a tech race, or currently involved in a war.

Then I chop rush Libraries in every city, and research common worker techs and then... whatever I feel like, depending on my circumstances. =)

Edited: Because I left out the first tech in my list.

Guess I'm so used to getting Bronze Working first; that it's almost a no-brainer in all of my lists. =)

Top Bottom