Gondor Unit Pack (22 May 2007)

Most excellent indeed :)!
:goodjob:

Preview time!

Next unit in the works: a Knight of Dol Amroth.

Still a few things to do before I start animating, like find a bridle and reins prop, and play with the banner position a little, but it is just about ready.

A quick question: should the attack be overhand or underhand? Which would be more historical for a Late Dark Age knight to do?

Sweet!!!
A quick question: should the attack be overhand or underhand? Which would be more historical for a Late Dark Age knight to do?
Overhand attack would be more appropriate, if I'm not mistaken. The Normans at the battle of Hastings had barely started experimenting with couching the lance under their arms, and 1066 is pretty much past the end of the Dark Ages already.

Wait, how would an overhand attack look like? I`m not familiar with the translation in my language, and the literal direct translation gets me very confused about anatomy. Any units with an overhand attack out there? Is it like when you are about to throw a spear?

PS - I think the shield is great, but isn`t it a bit large for a rider?

Overhand is like... ED's Byzantine Sailor. So yeah, as if you're a javelineer.

If I recall correctly, both the Libyan Spearman and Ansar Warrior attack with overhand thrusts.

The unit doesn't have shadows. Make sure the ground prop is visible and you have shadows checked in the render options.

I was trying to figure out why there were no shadows...I had the shadows option checked. I didn't check the ground...I just checked the ground...and it was invisible. Crap. Well, I'll re-render it.

Really nice unit, I really like how he throws up his spear before the attack.

too bad about the shadows since rendering is something of the most boring things ever.....

I was trying to figure out why there were no shadows...I had the shadows option checked. I didn't check the ground...I just checked the ground...and it was invisible. Crap. Well, I'll re-render it.

Don't worry too much about it. I've done the same thing several times...

Top Bottom