[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Dale,

Can I use your AOEII files as a template for my Portugal mod? This is my first mod and I think I'd do better working off of a starting template and then changing things to see what works and what does not.

Thanks,
Joseph

PS: I just put together a list of historical cities founded in Brazil in mostly chronological order (31 so far)... If you'd like to have the code for AoDII let me know and I'll post it here. ;)

No probs! :)

No probs! :)

Thanks!

Btw... here's the Portuguese city names (Brazil-based) if you want them:

<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAO_SALVADOR</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RIO_DE_JANEIRO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAO_VINCENTE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PORTO_SEGURO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_IGARASSU</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_OLINDA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VILA_VELHA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RECIFE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAO_PAULO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SANTO_ANDRE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAO_BERNARDO_DO_CAMPO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SANTOS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VITORIA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NITEROI</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NATAL</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JOAO_PESSOA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAO_LUIS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BELEM</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TAUBATE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JUNDIAI</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MANAUS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAO_JOSE_DOS_CAMPOS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CONTAGEM</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VIAMAO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_FORTALEZA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CUIABA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_GRAVATAI</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PIRACICABA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CAMPINAS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VITORIA_DA_CONQUISTA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CAMPINA_GRANDE</City>

I'm sure there are more out there, but I figure this is a good starting point ;)

how can I played this mod with the unofficial patch you released? Is that even possible?

It's included in AoD. :)

The setup of the 3 mods is thus:
- Patch: fix bugs
- PatchMod: has Patch + balance fixes
- AoDII: has PatchMod + my new concepts etc

It's included in AoD. :)

The setup of the 3 mods is thus:
- Patch: fix bugs
- PatchMod: has Patch + balance fixes
- AoDII: has PatchMod + my new concepts etc

Thanks, pretty fast awnser!! And now how can I play this great mod with the [MAP] Ozzy's America - More Accurate Start?? Can you help me out??

Correct, and it will be available as a playable scenario. :)

I found a minor glitch in the game I'm playing... I'm the Dutch, and I was lucky enough to land right between two natives, the Tupi and the Souix. I decided to ally with the Tupi and attack the Souix, so I have something like +7 relations with him(which might be related to the glitch, I'm not sure). Now, I have not set up one mission in the entire game, but the English have... in some Tupi settlements. I don't know why, but for some reason I keep getting the Converted Natives(Not England).

Onionsoilder:

That's a known bug, but thanks for reporting in. :)

Another report, I was playing as the english and start getting converted natives from villages with portuguese missions.

How do I turn off Formations?

How do I turn off Formations?

It's a change in Civ4UnitInfos.xml. Which one is annoying you, it might be the same one that's annoying me. :)

Might be helpful to list known bugs on the intro post for this topic. I have also run into the converted native problem but for now i guess i can just run them to correct settlement and gift them to the correct faction.

I also have "to europe" squares in very odd spaces which has made travelling to the western shores of the new world a little strange. Otherwise, great work and thanks!

A weird bug (at least I think it's one) with a game as the Spanish using the latest AODII - I randomly get converted natives from missions in far-flung corners of the map, and yet until the turn I receive the convert, I've never established a mission there.

Is this intended to represent missionaries going out themselves, or a bug? Just curious to know.

Very good mod though!

It's a bug. :) I'll be uploading a new version today which fixes a number of other items too.

Hey! Checking in again, Got the game and I only play AoDII now, really interesting concepts. Although New Portugal Should be Called Brazil. I have a couple of reports:

1 - I getting the converted natives problem, with spanish and portuguese missions

2 - The weirdest thing happend some other nation found a Ancient Treasure, and I dont know how but it was assingned to me. I did take it home, but it felt like cheating.

3 - Would it be possible to create a map script that mimics the America Map, but changes a little bit? The thing is that when Playing America the best thing you can do is settle in Central America, because then you can get every raw resources availabble. This doesnt happend when you settle north or south, whereas you get stcuk with the same resources.

4 - I Really thing that three our four more resources would add to the game mechanics. Resources that would show up in the entire map, and Latitude specific resources. I thing this item in particular would be the cherry on top to get that prize you talked about.

5 - We have to revise the Pirates concept, i think they are getting it wrong. I know its not the same concept as barbarian in civ, becouse the objectives in this game are a little bit different. But Pirates seem right to me, i believe they will improve gamplay. I just donw know how.

Aany way... my two cents.

Top Bottom