Civ V Civilizations Roster

Opera

Deity
Since threads are popping up, might as well start that one ;)

Which civs do you think will be in Civ V?

You can look to that post for a rather well thought out predictions chart.

Confirmed civs are, as far as I know and according to screenshots of leaders:
  1. America
  2. Germany
  3. Aztecs (a jaguar's picture as clue)

Can we have a link to Germany please? :)

I'm fairly certain that Holy Rome, Sumer, and Native Americans won't return in their current form. Possibly Vikings as well. English might be changed to British. I also think they might replace Carthage with Phoenicia or tack on one to the other. Maybe we'll finally have Nebuchadnezzer for Babylon? I can only hope. :lol:

The real question is; what will the surprise Civ(s) be? Last time it was Mali, so I doubt it will be Mali again.

I don't know, but I wish they would include more dictator type peoples. I know that some of them are a bit controversial, *cough*Hitler*Cough*, but they were still great leaders, to an extent, and are very important. And they should do Romania, with Vlad the Impaler, 'cause he's cool. :)

I don't know, but I wish they would include more dictator type peoples. I know that some of them are a bit controversial, *cough*Hitler*Cough*, but they were still great leaders, to an extent, and are very important. And they should do Romania, with Vlad the Impaler, 'cause he's cool. :)

My friends and I were taking bets on how long it would take for this to come up.

Stalin and Mao far from saints, and they're in the game.

Hitler pushes buttons that I'd imagine Firaxis would want to avoid. On top of that, there are several other notable German leaders available to choose from.

Persia for sure. The Mongols have to be in--the largest civilization in history. Though they could be mixed up with the Russians--similar area and the Hordes really kind of evolved into Russia, or shaped its birth. The same sort of thing applies to the Germans and Holy Romans, the Phonecians and Carthanians, Greeks and Byzantines. The same civs at different stages. You could even conflate the Babylonians and Arabians if there were some way to have leaders and other details change over time to represent that a people as a whole is changing but has a continuity. Even the name could change, as in RevDCM.

The Mississippians would certainly be a surprise, but really they occupy an important location and if theres some kind of civ evolution thing they could be the proto America via an Iroqois incarnation.

The most appropriate seeming leaders to me are the founders, those who first created the Civ as such. If civs evolve, the leaders should be those who led the countries into each stage.

I wouldn't expect to see any new controversial leaders or civilizations in the game. Possible problems associated with putting them in the game still exist, so it's unlikely that Firaxis would suddenly change their minds about it and put them in.

I would think Ethiopia is a good contender to be a surprise Civ. I would think there'd have to be at least one of Zulu, Mali and Ethiopia in the original 18, and given that it was Mali last time (and was it Zulu the time before?), Ethiopia seems like a reasonable guess.

My friends and I were taking bets on how long it would take for this to come up.

Stalin and Mao far from saints, and they're in the game.

Hitler pushes buttons that I'd imagine Firaxis would want to avoid. On top of that, there are several other notable German leaders available to choose from.

I know, and I was very glad when I saw Stalin, but still. I'm kind of weird, and am very interested in people like that. I know that most of the leaders in Civ ruled as dictators, or were some kind of it, but I mean someone who's just way out there, and no one thought they would do them for some reason, but they did. I don't expect Hitler to ever show up, at least, not by Firaxis' hand, but maybe someone else? Like, Mussolini or something. And more recent leaders. The most recent leader in Civ 4 was Mao, and that was a while ago.

My guesses, besides America and Germany:

Definitely:
3. China
4. Japan
5. Rome
6. Greece
7. Egypt
8. Aztec
9. India
10. Persia
11. France
12. Russia
13. England

Possible:
14. Mongolia
15. Arabia OR Babylon
16. Inca OR Iroqouis OR Sioux
17. Mali OR Zululand (I don't think Ethiopia will be in...)
18. Spain

Frankly I'm really more interested if there will be more than one leader per civ, because frankly I don't want to play as Mao for the chinese like I had to in Civ3.

I doubt that any of the 18 will be civs that we haven't seen in previous official releases. Ideally, I'd love for them to be spread across the continents fairly evenly, but I expect that they will be mainly European as normal.

EUROPE
1. England
2. Germany
3. Rome
4. Greece
5. Russia
6. France
7. Spain

MIDDLE EAST
8. Egypt
9. Arabia
10. Persia

AMERICA
11. Inca
12. Aztec
13. Iroquois or Sioux (I hope)

ASIA
14. China
15. India
16. Japan
17. Mongolia

RANDOM
18. United States of America

Personally, I'd prefer to dump the USA in favor of Ethiopia, change Arabia to the Phoenicians, and even merge Greece with Rome to make room for the Mali, but I very much doubt that Firaxis would go for any of that.

EDIT: I'd also ideally like them to have Leaderhead personalities and graphics that change automatically with the Era. For instance, Rome could start out with Scipio, change to Augustus, then Justinian, Medici, Garibaldi, and Mussolini. Persia could start with Cyrus, change to Shapur II, then Al-Rashid, Abbas I, Qajar, and Khomeini. The bonuses / traits wouldn't even need to change, just the feel of the regime's policies when playing against them. This too, is probably too much wishful thinking though.

Well, judging by the new leaderhead, it looks like the Germans are in, then.

I'm voting for:

1. Americans
  2. Arabs
  3. Aztecs
  4. Babylonians
  5. Chinese
  6. Egyptians
  7. English
  8. French
  9. Germans
  10. Greek
  11. Indians
  12. Japanese
  13. Mongols
  14. Persians
  15. Romans
  16. Russians
  17. Spanish
  18. Zulu

The ones in bold are practically certain.

Top Bottom