Brazil discussion thread

Português

Spoiler :
Cara você ta com uma visão um pouco conturbada do nosso pais, primeiro que não vejo nosso militariado nem perto de ser uma piada, nos alguma vez perdemos uma guerra? Não chegamos a lutar muitas e verdade porém não e razão de chamar de piada.
Nossas forças expedicionarias que lutaram na ww2 apesar de poucas são respeitadas.
E nosso militariado esta sendo modernizado a anos, alem de que nossas forças são treinadas para serem as melhores combatentes em selva, e elas são, concerteza.
E sobre o urutu, você esqueceu do nosso querido super tucano também.

Well i do hope we get coffee to be a new luxury and brazil should be a turism and culture civ, for sure.

And please no jungle bonus related

Amigo, de boa, válido o teu comentário, respeito. Talvez chamar de piada tenha sido demais, mas a menos que vc seja milico da ativa com conhecimento de intendência, inteligência e logística militares, vai por mim. Eu não sou, mas vivo num meio altamente militar e devo conhecer (bem) pessoalmente mais de 50 oficiais que te dirão a mesma coisa. Não estou me referindo ao nosso passado militar, que é muito digno, FEB e tudo o mais. Mas sabe aquela historinha que não temos munição pra uma hora de guerra? É verdade. Tenho vários amigos boinas pretas e vermelhas, comandos, pqd, faca na bota e o cacete. Sei bem o que é a nossa guerra na selva. Selva!!! Nenhum gringo jamais vai entrar pela Amazônia. Mas nada disso é representativo em um jogo como o CIV, eu acho pelo menos.

Buddy, it's cool, you have a point and I respect it. Maybe calling it a joke was a bit too much, but unless you are an active millitary man with knowledge of intendance, intelligence and logistics, you can believe me. I'm not one, but I live in a highly militarized eviroment and I must know (well) on a personal level more than 50 oficials that will tell you the same thing. I'm not refering to our millitary past, wich is pretty respectable, FEB (BEC - Brazilian Expeditionary Corps ?) and what not. But, you know that tale that with don't have ammo for a single hour of combat? It's true. I have several frieds that are black and red berrets, cammandos, airborne, knife in the boot (sic) and s**t. I know pretty well what our jungle combat is about. Selva!!! (Jungle - it's a warcry) No foreigners will ever get in through the Amazon. But none of that is representative in a game like CIV, at least that's what I think.

Sorry MODs for breaking the rules. For what it's worth, we were not flaming or anything. Plus he started it :D

^Ugh.. English please.. :crazyeye:

Btw.., Concrats for Brazilian.. :D
I hope with the inclusion of Brazil, it doesn't eliminate the chance of Portugal get in..

For sure Portugal is in. It will be very very weird not seeing the mother land on the game now.

Brazilian UU for me is the Bandeirantes (i dont think they are too much portuguese as someone said). UB Casa de Engenho for trade or Something for tourism (football stadium, Carnaval). UA Tourism enhancement. (Need to have more info on tourism to elaborate).

Brazil is the 6o economy in the world and top exporter of many commodities. Is a major power of its region for at least 400 years. Have a very unique culture and tradition. Brazil is more different from Portugal than Austria from Germany...

Moderator Action: Removed offensive quote. Please remember that if you quote another post, you are responsible for its contents. It is much better to report a post and let the moderating staff handle it than to reply.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

So cool! I've just watched the video of Pedro II talking and I can assure everyone that not only is the english translation text perfectly spot on, but his accent is that of brazilian portuguese and not portuguese from Portugal (yes there's a huge difference) He actually speaks just as any brazilian would, except in a more formal way.

So cool! I've just watched the video of Pedro II talking and I can assure everyone that not only is the english translation text perfectly spot on, but his accent is that of brazilian portuguese and not portuguese from Portugal (yes there's a huge difference) He actually speaks just as any brazilian would, except in a more formal way.

Translate it, please. :D

Seriously people, we dont need to defend or offend Brazil anymore. Brazil (either people like it or not or find deserving or not) is in. Let's focus on what would be the UA, UU and UB of brazil :D

Moderator Action: Thank you for trying to bring sanity to this thread. Have deleted the posts above that were offensive and the responses. Please remember to report offensive posts and let the staff handle them. Responding only feeds the situation and makes it worse.

Gloomiest. Office. Ever.

Looking forward to seeing what units, abilities, etc. are part of the Brazilian Civ.

On a side note, I tried pasting all of that Portuguese text into Google Translate. It's a good thing a translation was posted here, because while the words were translated, the grammar was... mangled.

Edit: Do you think the inclusion of Brazil will mean Coffee is added as a luxury? I've always thought that would be a logical inclusion in the Civ series.

Maybe their UB could be a special stadium that gives more happiness. Even in places like the US the Brazilian love of sports like soccer is legendary.

What? Is my english that bad that the translation needs a translation? Or maybe you're just kiddin'...never mind

I mean translate Pedro II's introduction line.

I liked his office. The style of the windows, venezianas, are very brazilian.

Also, theres no silly stereotypy, like beaches or forests.

I liked his office. The style of the windows, venezianas, are very brazilian.

Also, theres no silly stereotypy, like beaches or forests.

The details are great. It's just very dark, even for a nighttime scene. Maybe it's just the settings on my monitor or the color quality/resolution of the picture.

Regarding the leader screen, I agree! It is awesome!

Quite gloomy, but it is what it has to be. I liked it a lot, really nice work from Firaxis :)

Guandao: It would be something like "I am Pedro, emperor of Brazil. I don't have time for pleseantries (?), tell me, what do you want?"

About UU, Pedro II ruled until 1891, so maybe we will see some relative modern unit, like some kind of musket unit that fought on the Paraguay war.

If Firaxis want some current unit, maybe they choose a jungle troop. A lot of countries, including the USA, send their men to train with Brazilian jungle troops.

I mean translate Pedro II's introduction line.

"I am Pedro, emperor of Brazil. I have little time for jokes. What brings you here?"
"Eu sou Pedro, imperador do Brasil. Tenho pouco tempo para gracejos. O que o traz aqui?"

It's almost the same as the written line.:)

I can think of other UUs for Brazil.

Dragões da Independência: Kind of a lancer, helped D. Pedro I during the independence

Bandeirantes: most famous, popular during the colonial age, hunted the natives to get slaves, searched for gold, helped expand our territory and ocupy part of it

Guarda Nacional: If I recall correctly my last year's History classes, they were used to destroy revolts inside the country, also during the time when Pedro II was too young to rule

In fact, all of the suggested UUs are fairly fitting! About UBs, I really hope we don't see a Sambodrome... I wish we had something like the Casas de Fundicao (tax system during our hunt-the-gold period) or the Engenho

I can think of other UUs for Brazil.

Dragões da Independência: Kind of a lancer, helped D. Pedro I during the independence

Bandeirantes: most famous, popular during the colonial age, hunted the natives to get slaves, searched for gold, helped expand our territory and ocupy part of it

Guarda Nacional: If I recall correctly my last year's History classes, they were used to destroy revolts inside the country, also during the time when Pedro II was too young to rule

In fact, all of the suggested UUs are fairly fitting! About UBs, I really hope we don't see a Sambodrome... I wish we had something like the Casas de Fundicao (tax system during our hunt-the-gold period) or the Engenho

I still think the Cangaceiros would be the best UU.

Top Bottom