SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Stalin was in civ4 and I don't believe that it was banned in Russia, so I don't think it's a USSR Civ.

WAIT A MINUTE. What if the dlc adds the motherland calls, which couldn't be included due to copyright issues in Russia?

WAIT A MINUTE. What if the dlc adds the motherland calls, which couldn't be included due to copyright issues in Russia?

A DLC that only adds one wonder? Unlikely. But if it did, I'd totally get it (At the right price).

A DLC that only adds one wonder? Unlikely. But if it did, I'd totally get it (At the right price).

I personally doubt it, considering the dlc is called bison. But the possibility should always be considered.

Bison = Blocked In Soviet Only Nations :p

So I just looked a bit deeper. Of the three sub-packages that were added withing the last 24 hours, all of them, in their history tab, have every single Civ 5 DLC/Expansion added to the package. I think, and this does seem somewhat more logical than the other suggestions, that this is the Civ 5 platinum, or diamond, or whatever edition. A one-stop package for every piece of the Civ 5 puzzle.

No idea why it's called Bison, though.

I noticed another thing. The item I linked (blocked to the ex-USSR) and all the other five items in the Bison depot seem to include the Bison depot in itself. Does that make any sense? It's like a big package containing 6 big packages that contain the first big package. It doesn't make any sense. Either that or I don't understand that website, which is most likely.

So I just looked a bit deeper. Of the three sub-packages that were added withing the last 24 hours, all of them, in their history tab, have every single Civ 5 DLC/Expansion added to the package. I think, and this does seem somewhat more logical than the other suggestions, that this is the Civ 5 platinum, or diamond, or whatever edition. A one-stop package for every piece of the Civ 5 puzzle.

No idea why it's called Bison, though.

I think this seems pretty likely, which is sad because it would mean no more Civ V dlc or expansions.. (I think?).

I think this seems pretty likely, which is sad because it would mean no more Civ V dlc or expansions.. (I think?).

I'm :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

But there must be those who go, :D:D:D:D:D yay now on to Civ6!!! (which will have the same boring leaders for France, India, Russia, Germany, Rome, etcs :mad:)

I noticed another thing. The item I linked (blocked to the ex-USSR) and all the other five items in the Bison depot seem to include the Bison depot in itself. Does that make any sense? It's like a big package containing 6 big packages that contain the first big package. It doesn't make any sense. Either that or I don't understand that website, which is most likely.

The first depot stuff in the first link are deleted or hidden. But why?

I'm :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

But there must be those who go, :D:D:D:D:D yay now on to Civ6!!! (which will have the same boring leaders for France, India, Russia, Germany, Rome, etcs :mad:)

Hey, maybe they'll change it up this time around.

#CaligulaForRome I'd love to see what they do with the leaderscreen. ;)

Not necessarily. People were saying the same thing when Civ V Gold came out, but we still ended up getting additional content after that. They could be releasing a 'complete' edition up to this point in the hope that people who haven't got Civ V yet will buy it in the Christmas/New Year's sales. They could even be doing it in preparation for releasing a third expansion at some point next year (I hope :p).

I don't entirely understand the intricacies of the Steam DB site, but with these recent developments it does seem like "Bison" could be a 'Platinum' edition of the game. Though perhaps it could represent multiple packages: one which is just a new DLC scenario pack and one which is the complete Civ V bundle (which might include the new DLC as well - hence why the depot links to previous content). Wishful thinking on my part perhaps?

Either way, if they do intend to release it for the Christmas Sales we should be finding out within the next two weeks for sure (I think I heard rumors that the Steam Sales were starting sometime next week).

It was never adequately explained to me how a statue can have copywrite protection, especially a statue built by communists.

The proposals that this is a Platinum Edition make perfect sense, but there is something off: why would they enter it as 'Bison'? If they've indeed shifted to codenames to throw us off, I just don't think they would do that for something as inconsequential as a complete edition that we wouldn't care about.

The proposals that this is a Platinum Edition make perfect sense, but there is something off: why would they enter it as 'Bison'? If they've indeed shifted to codenames to throw us off, I just don't think they would do that for something as inconsequential as a complete edition that we wouldn't care about.

Hasn't there been a couple of civ 5 sales recently on steam? Probably might have hurt those sales if the cat was out of the bag that a platinum edition is coming out.

Hey, maybe they'll change it up this time around.

Germany and Russia have had varied leaders in the past - isn't Civ V the first to use Catherine? I'd like to see Peter the Great.

#CaligulaForRome I'd love to see what they do with the leaderscreen. ;)

Just as long as they have civ-specific advisor screens, and one of Caligula's advisors is a horse.

Catherine has been in a couple Civ games before, definitely Civ II where they had a female leader for every civ. And yeah, she was also in Civ IV, I remember the picutre with her in military attire I think.

Eh, I don't mind having the same leaders. For France, the only viable one they haven't done is Philippe Auguste, and no one has heard of him ever so I'm fine with him not getting the spotlight.

Caligula would be hilarious though. Commodus would be even better but not as well known unfortunately, he was even crazier.

Top Bottom