Government Change

GeZe

elmo knows where you live
We have been stuck in 'Republic' for a very very long time. We are already in the Industrial Ages! We have two options for our future government: Democracy and Communism.

Democracy:
- reduces corroption
- faster worker actions
- war wariness is big problem
- pay for unit costs

Communism:
- spreads corroption out
- least war wariness
- unit support from cities
- military police

In my opinion with our with WAR WAR WAR ways, we should go into communism. What do you think?

Communism isn't good when we want to rush culture in our cities. Also, we're a commercial civ. Communism would nullify that. We should go with a democracy.

And we just acquired Democracy, too.

Is it really a good idea to switch to democracy just before going to war with Greece, England, Egypt, and the other major continent?

I think Monarchy makes the most sense.

If we go into Democracy, how are we going to deal with war wariness? Do we have enough luxs? From what I see, we are going to be into almost continous war for the rest of the game.

As the T and T Minister...I have been getting luxs like crazy...We have been getting luxs none stop for quite awhile...Once we conquer more civs, we get those luxs so we don't have to trade that much for them....

We have lost quite a few troops over the last couple of turns. That affects war wariness, and having troops inside AI borders.

Here's a look at one of our cities right now (just captured - note: Germany whipped a conscript rifle before we attacked this city):

Our War-wariness is between 16-23% right now (most cities being between 18-20%).

so maybe beofre we switch and go through anymore wars..would should let our country get back in control...then we can switch govs, then got to war....

The next war (Greece has a lot of knights), we should let Greece's knights try to attack our infantry in Audiac city. We'll need to make the city over size 12 though (that means hospitals) for extra defense, and add in ample infantry, and artillery. That way, we won't lose so many units.

Democracy is a high war-wariness government, and that requires swift wars.

Good grieve NO. We do not want to switch to democracy. The effect on corruption is very very small, as industrious civ with the railroad network very well underway we have no need for faster workers. But war weariness will kill us when going for conquest.

Let's stay republic for the whole game!

Edit/add: Look at How does war weariness work in the war academy.

To sum it up:

Republic:
Level 1: 25% unhappy people
Level 2: 50% unhappy people
Level 3: 50% unhappy people
Level 4: 100% unhappy people

Democracy:
Level 1: 50% unhappy people
Level 2: 100% unhappy people
Level 3: Revolt

stay with the republic.
I argee with tao here war waariness is shocking bad with democraty.

I beleve we should switch to Democracy. Were already more productive than Communism.

Stay with Republic. Communism stinks and Democracy has way too much war weariness.

Originally posted by Zarn
Stay with Republic. Communism stinks and Democracy has way too much war weariness.

Unless we can get some Police Departments built where War Weariness is rampid.

Top Bottom