New Leaders (art, personalities, diplomacy texts)

I was thinking of replacing the Trung Sisters with LE LOI, and I would use a modified version of cfkane's LIU BEI. Thoughts?

I completely support this. Glad to see Liu Bei added in some way, even if its just his LH, as I'd recommended him way back as a Chinese leader. It's a petty nice LH, and Le Loi is a must for Vietnam.

Any decisions on who you want to lead the Masaii and Armenia so I can start up work on their personalities?

Well, there isn't much for the Masaai. Lenana and Mbatian come up in the mods, but I have no idea who they were.

I only have Tigranes for Armenia right now, but I'd like one or two more if possible.

Well, there isn't much for the Masaai. Lenana and Mbatian come up in the mods, but I have no idea who they were.

I only have Tigranes for Armenia right now, but I'd like one or two more if possible.

Been doing some research into Armenian leaders lately to try and recommend more than just Tigranes. I -really- wanted to suggest we throw in an Armenian leader from the last couple hundred years as well but... I'm kinda having a hard time finding one that would be fitting, as there were a lot of "not actually leader, just political puppet with a stub article on wiki somewhere" and a lot of "hated by many in the country, either ran the nation in the ground or aided oppressing outside nation."

Suppose anyone can recommend anyone that may best represent the Armenia of the last few centuries?

Well, I suggested some for them in another one of these threads (I believe the Art & Music thread), both from medieval Armenia, if that counts.

veBear in Art & Music Thread said:
Well, a medieval Armanian leader sounds like a good way to go, but IDK who though. Maybe Ashot I o the Medieval Kingdom? Or maybe Ruben I or one of the other Cilician-Armenian kings?
Found it!

Well, I suggested some for them in another one of these threads (I believe the Art & Music thread), both from medieval Armenia, if that counts.

Found it!

Ruben I seems like a good pick. Maybe Tigranes and Ruben I together.

Would be nice to also have a leader from 19th century up but... I guess that's already better represented by the Ottomans and Russians, sadly.

Capo, your thoughts beyond Tigranes?

It would be nice to have at least one medieval or modern leader, but if there just aren't any good candidates I don't want to force it.

Ruben seems like the best pick for me. Besides, Armenia has old christian traditions, and Ruben seems like the way to represent it.

I suppose I could go with Ruben I, if that is who you were talking about of course. I will try to find a suitable LH to use, any suggestions in the meantime?

EDIT: Dumanios uses Ekmek's El Cid as Ashot I for his Armenia Modular Civ, which I think actually looks great. I could either go with this idea or perhaps make him someone else. I think if we used Tigranes and Ashot I we would have a good tandem of leaders. After that we just need to finalize the UB, I'd like to get this one finished up just so I can focus on the Maasai.

I am planning on getting my computer fixed on Tuesday (I know I have said this before but this time it looks like it will actually happen), which means I can just update a few things on the mod and at least put up a playtest for now.

El Cid looks like a fine LH to use for that purpose in my book, but I still believe we should use him as Ruben I instead of Ashot I. To me, it does not really look like Ashot I did that much during his reign, whereas Ruben was a more accomplished king, managing more during his reign of Cilicain Armenia.

TAdF; I believe you were working on personalities for Tigranes and Ruben I? And if you weren't, could you?

Working on both, just taking a bit longer than expected, caught the damn flu. Should have both done later tonight (thursday night).

Awesome, hopefully I can get the first playable version done by then. :goodjob:

Sorry for the delay, got Tigranes the Great ready and tested. He's a Protective/Expansive leader, loyal to his allies, not willing to take threats from large countries.

Gotta do some final testing and tweaking on Ruben then he'll be done too.

View attachment 328009

Sorry for further delay. Headaches, and I had a hard time making this based on only Ruben I. If you don't mind, this is more or less Ruben I and his entire dynasty, not just Ruben I. This is because for the most part, although Ruben I didn't do too much that could lead to a unique Civ4 leader, the kingdom he formed was incredibly important during the crusades.

Due to this, Ruben I here is Seafaring/Spiritual, builds up a considerable army built around attacking only his closest neighbors, but cares a lot about culture, religion, and diplomacy at the same time.

View attachment 328231

Did you find the flags BTW? If you look at my last post in the Arts & Music thread, I believe you will find them. They've been there for quite a long time bow :)

Yes, yes, I have found the flags and all that. I am going to try to at least get a working version of the mod finished tonight so I can run a quick playtest, then I'll upload it. I am also going to work on some more streamlining (cutting out a lot of unnecessary unit graphics) and then I'll post some updated files.

There is SOME sort of bad news. Apparently nobody can tell what is wrong with my computer, so I am going to have to remove and relocate the hard drive. It isn't horrible, but it does delay the mod a bit more. The mod that is on my computer (I have been using my girlfriend's computer for this btw, which is amazing considering how much she hates me doing anything civ-related) has a lot more "stuff" than the one I am working with now, including a lot of original artwork. So I do need to get these things merged, in the meantime, however, I can work directly from this one.

Top Bottom