Highest Demographic Population

Hoplite191

Chieftain
Simply put in the highest population you have achieved on the demographics. I wanna see if anyone has reached 1 billion.

Well I got a 80+ pop city once thought I'am not sure what that equals in demographics. However it was with emigration mod and building upgrade mods (and a few other ones) + Hanging gardens + Temple of Artemis. It was as Poland and was completely inland and nearly every tile was a farm. I also had Tradition and freedom for their food bonuses (and statue of liberty for immigration boost).

I got the 83rd or 84th citzin just before I blasted to space which was good as I had No food left at all. However It did cripple the Zulu to the south of me who were stuck with their capital <10 people until the Industrial age and their other cities not much better. Should have gotten some happiness Shaka.

I fell short on this by just a little bit. I should try it again and see if I can make it.

I just finished on a huge map, epic at turn 720 with 120,000,000. The rest of the world was 230,000,000. That's a long way from 1 B.

If im not wrong, that demographic is NOT about how much pop you have in total? I found it weird that even though another civ had higher pop overall, i had a higher pop score because i had larger cities....

If im not wrong, that demographic is NOT about how much pop you have in total? I found it weird that even though another civ had higher pop overall, i had a higher pop score because i had larger cities....

Pop 10 is 630,000 citizen. Pop 30 is 13,675,000 citizens. So if you have 3 pop 10 cities you are not even close to the population of a pop 30 city.

I started mine as India on settler hoping for it to just go quickly but it's taking way too long. I control the entire world and have over 200 population but it's just taking so long.

So it appears each new citizen in an existing city is worth exponentially more than the last, each citizen eats two food. It gets one tile worked for free, and 36 others to be worked from citizens. It should be easy to end up with an average of at least two food across all 36 worked tiles, this can include buildings such as the granary, so given enough time, you can reach pop 37 in most any city. For such a city you will end up with ~24mil pop in demographics screen. Barring complete lack of growth due to severe unhappiness, you could probably hit a billion, but that would require getting the equivalent of more than 40 such cities running, which would require a very big map and a lot of patience. I don't know if it's possible to offset the amount of unhappiness you would accrue from such a population.

A religion like this practically pays for the happiness of every city.

+1 - Goddess of Love
+1/2 - Ceremonial Burial
+2 - Religious Center (+2 from Temples)
+2 - Pagodas
Religious Texts or Itinerant Preachers

A religion like this practically pays for the happiness of every city.

+1 - Goddess of Love
+1/2 - Ceremonial Burial
+2 - Religious Center (+2 from Temples)
+2 - Pagodas
Religious Texts or Itinerant Preachers

or, you know, a certain bald guy who wears glasses. :crazyeye:

The demographic of a Deity game. Highest end game population I have achieved on standard settings.

The demographic of a Deity game. Highest end game population I have achieved on standard settings.

That's interesting because its almost exactly how many people the USA had in 1941. We have picked up almost 200 million since then.

Top Bottom