Can only build units

PapaMonkey

Warlord
Earlier in this game I was able to build buildings on my planets and units. Now all the building options are greyed out and I can only build units. On all planets of all systems of my empire. Can anyone tell me what has happened and how I can re-enable buildings?

"Sigh.." This is an old bug I thought had been eliminated ages ago... Did the situation occur playing one of the scenarios or in a standard game? (It's possible that - for whatever reason - this can't-build-buildings-on-city-capture-bug has been reintroduced by me when creating the custom scenarios. It shouldn't happen in a standard game though, i.e. when playing one of the mapscripts or a Custom Game.)

I am sorry to report that it happened on a Custom Game. I am not sure when it started, but it was not immediately after I captured my first system, because I was able to build at least one building there. It did happen sometime before I captured my second system.

:confused: Now that is really weird... Could you post a Savegame? I'd like to have a look at it, because this has never been reported - nor experienced by me.

Hey just found this awesome mod recently and first off, gotta say I'm lovin it. :) Unfortunately though I had the same issue as PapaMonkey, also playing v5.0. On turn 395 I nabbed a system from a civ that I had already conquered 6 or 7 stars from. I then ended the turn and at the start of 396 all my buildings were cancelled. I then went and reloaded a couple autosaves and although I could produce the buildings fine the interface for the systems went all wonky (image attached). Most of the screen looks fine except the area with the different planets and the current/max pops. Also, note that the screenshot shows an image from a turn # BEFORE the turn the original problem started, so whatever happened must have also corrupted the saves. Hope this helps track down the bug so it doesn't show up in future versions, and thanks again for the amazing mod!

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Top Bottom