Bugs/Error reports

Civ4CustomAssets is in the main BtS folder. MOO2Civ is a FF mod, as is Star Trek. Can you run Star Trek or does that give the same load error?

I haven't tried the Star Trek mod...downloaded it, but seems a bit of a pain to install. Got me thinking and I realized from your last post about Final Frontier and that FF plus wouldn't work to check my directories...AHA somehow I must have allowed FFP to overwrite or change the name of FF to FFP (or I may have merged them without thinking). Changed directory name to Final Frontier and Voila we are up and running. I don't know if the fact that FF and FFP have merged into 1 folder will cause problems with your mod, but it's running. Thanks for all your help.:goodjob:

Glad to hear it. Star Trek takes some careful installing, yes. There should be no conflict with running any FF based mod (all FF modmods - except FF Plus - have the necessary FF files merged in; they don't use the original FF mod, but run separately). ;)

I just found a bug. I noticed that the Gnolam didn't seem to be getting any :hammers: from :traderoute: so I did some testing. Under TradeYieldModifiers, it's iYield was set at one and in game it says +1, but I saw nothing. So I set it to 99, and it showed up, but not in huge numbers, it was about equal to the :commerce:. After trying out different settings for :hammers: and :commerce: I realised it's not adding the number it's adding the number as a percentage! The game doesn't list it as a percentage but it is. So all this time the Gnolams had almost no bonuses, which is probably why they seemed week and their :commerce: had to get a +50%, because the :traderoute: was actually only a +1% bonus.
So now you could change their CommerceModifiers back to nothing (keeping the +1 :commerce: per worker), and change the TradeYieldModifiers to something better. Setting it to the :hammers: TradeYieldModifiers 100 would make the :hammers: equal to the :commerce: gained from :traderoute:. That might be too high, but keep in mind that it rounds down, so if :hammers: from :traderoute: was 20%, you wouldn't see any at all until you got a :traderoute: with 5 :commerce:, and they don't add together, so having ten :traderoute: with 4 :commerce: each for a total of 40 :commerce: would still gives you 0 :hammers:. So I'd go with at least 35% for :hammers: in TradeYieldModifiers which would make it appear at 3 :commerce:, but going to 50% would probably make sure it's actually a factor in the game early enough to make a difference.

Thanks for looking into that. Actually this got me thinking: I'm not sure if gaining production from trade is true to MoO canon for the Gnolams. Having played the Gnolams after resetting their income from trade gain to 50% (taken from Humans who've been reset to 25%), I don't agree the Gnolams should be weak - they may be as an AI, but I can't confirm that. So I'm more inclined to remove the :hammers: gain mentioned as one of their race bonuses - since as you just pointed out it's now actually close to zero.

It doesn't matter to me what their trade bonus is, but they are 'fantastic traders' so there should be something extra from :traderoute: for them, even if if just more :commerce:.

Hey nice MOD, I like it! Used to play the real MOO2 a lot it is still a great game.

I think I found a bug:
When I capture an invasion ship with my own invasion ship, the captured one has the same promotions like mine but it has 0 or 1 prestige only. Since mine was promoted already maybe 4 times, I essentially get a better version of the invasion ship, since it will upgrade (promote faster)

I also would suggest leaving a bit more intact when you conquer a system. When I conquer a system it may have nothing (no automatic factory no soil enrichment).
If I raze it and build a new colony it is more efficient.

Hey nice MOD, I like it! Used to play the real MOO2 a lot it is still a great game.

Thank you (also on behalf of all the contributors so far), and I feel the same way about MoO/MoO II.

I think I found a bug:
When I capture an invasion ship with my own invasion ship, the captured one has the same promotions like mine but it has 0 or 1 prestige only. Since mine was promoted already maybe 4 times, I essentially get a better version of the invasion ship, since it will upgrade (promote faster)

That might be a bug (if it happens consistently), but you should consider that for instance barb ships get a certain number of free promotions. If you don't specify if it happens all the time and with what type of AI I can't really say.

I also would suggest leaving a bit more intact when you conquer a system. When I conquer a system it may have nothing (no automatic factory no soil enrichment).

What gets razed on capture is somewhat random, but if it's a small colony captured chances are any Auto Factory will get razed and you'd be better off razing the entire colony and refounding one yourself. That's basically up to you to decide. (For instance, if I lose a colony and recapture it later, production will have plummeted; but as a matter of principle I like recapturing it over razing and refounding it - simply becasue it was my colony in the first place. That's not very rational, I'll admit.)

I think I found a bug:
That's because those are crew promotions (i.e. promotions representing the skills of the ships crew instead of equipment) and when you take over a ship, you kill the crew and replace it with your own, and lose and crew promotions it originally had. I see this could be over powered when capturing low level ships which could get many free promotions. One fix could be to have the new ship copy the level of the capturing ship, if it would be higher. Then there wouldn't be rapid level ups after capture. On the other hand if a ship with few crew promotion captured one with many from a high level then you'd get a high level ship with very few promotions. That might be the opposite situation that balances it out, but it is less likely a low level ship would capture a highly promoted one.

I always wondered what exactly the crew promotions meant.

I would love to see more stuff stay intact too. Currently all of the buildings are set to be 100% capturable in the buildinginfos. I'm not sure why everything gets destroyed when you capture it. If I remember right only things like marine barracks were destroyed in the origional MoO2, right?

Thanks to Minor Annoyance for the clarification!

Another question: Do doomsday missiles exist? They are mentioned on the Resolutions Screen, but I cannot see the doomsday missile in the Civilopedia Units section. These would probably be equivalent to nukes?

They 'exist', but are currently disabled. That's because they act like nukes on a regular map, which is kind of silly on a galaxy map (nuking someone on the other end of the galaxy). If their range could be limited (like in deanej's Star Trek mod), they could be put back in. But I do not recommend it, since the AI usually target the best planet in a HUMAN system, which can cripple your game pretty fast... :eek: (They could be optional, though.)

You could for instance limit their range similar the tactical nukes carried by subs. In the MOO mod then perhaps only doomstars can carry the missiles?

The best thing to do with nukes, or rather the nuke effect, would be to give the long range attack ability to any ship with the stellar converter promotion and have it activate the nuke effect on any city it is used on. I wouldn't know how to do that though, and it might be unbalancing to have an unlimited nuke effect. A way around that might be to require the warlord promotion to get the stellar converter so very few ships could actually get it.

@Minor Annoyance: As far as I know Nukes kill also units in adjacent squares. If I understand you correctly the stellar converter unit would kind of hurts itself during attack.

@Minor Annoyance: As far as I know Nukes kill also units in adjacent squares. If I understand you correctly the stellar converter unit would kind of hurts itself during attack.

Well if we were already changing it to work this way, I don't think changing the blast radius would out of the question.

I have a problem which I am not sure that it is related to this Mod.
After playing MOO I installed another Mod. But the terrain was all black. At first I thought it was due to the other mod (Fall Further) but since now even the basic game is all black I now think it is due to this MOD, which makes all terrain black (SPACE terrain). The terrain is all black also without mods now. Still do not know the cause exactly though.
What happened?
Do I have to reinstall CIV and BTS? Please say no...
Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Very strange: in World builder the terrain gets normal. After exiting it gets darker and darker until there is only black left.

Top Bottom