Fall patch is out

I am almost wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall the game.

THis is really awefull they didn't even tested this and now we have bugs because of the patch?

I will start a game tomorow maybe I find some more bugs I will post them

But still shame on you firaxis

How about just start a new game and enjoy it like most everyone else is doing?

Did you have a much higher score than the other Civs?

Sometimes they'll go after you because you're number 1. Then the pig-piling starts.

Nope, I was in fourth place above Spain but below Byzantium (who was in first place).

The new patch feels great but I encountered a pretty annoying bug.

Denmark's UA doesn't work anymore. All my movement points were always lost whenever I disembarked units from sea to land. Ruined my whole game plan. :mad::(

No mods.

Haha, watch that be the intended change. Yes, their UA is now to screw over the player

Nonetheless, that is what it says in the Civilopedia. If you are next to one you can see it. As for logic, it can take 1000 years to walk 100 miles. All other questioning of game logic pales to that.

Huh. I never caught the "or is adjacent to another unit" part in the Civilopedia. So it's not a bug, it's just a really dumb rule. By "logic" I meant the structure of the game, not taking it literally. The whole point of a sub is that it's supposed to be invisible to all units except destroyers, etc. etc. What's the logic behind doing away with that rule when it's right next to any unit?

ugh, ill see if the RA bug was fixed in my next game. i was less plagued by the overflow doubling (almost never happened to me) than i was by the pure fizzle. the notes dont seem to address the bug where your RA yields no gains. it happened to me at least 20 times.

Bah don't like how the touch features are exclusive to Windows 8 PC's... Looks like I wont be taking advantage of them then...

I wonder what PCs are you people having, that you tell the game runs better. My game ran perfectly prior the patch, now the graphics is screwed, textures are loading slowly so I see grey fields and I even have artefacts. So for me, the game is unplayable. Is there some way to return to the previous version of rendering? If not, I will just uninstall the game. Fortunately, I am not alone http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479319 and http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?178531-Graphical-problems-after-the-last-patch Please Firaxis, can yoy fix this? Or give us a separate download to revert to the previous way of rendering that ran flawlessly.

Three crashes before 100 turns are up on small map, DX9. This patch, so far, has ruined the game. Any time saved in the rendering being quicker is more than lost with all the crashes.

Guess I'm waiting for the next patch...

I wonder what PCs are you people having, that you tell the game runs better. My game ran perfectly prior the patch, now the graphics is screwed, textures are loading slowly so I see grey fields and I even have artefacts. So for me, the game is unplayable. Is there some way to return to the previous version of rendering? If not, I will just uninstall the game. Fortunately, I am not alone http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479319 Please Firaxis, can yoy fix this? Or give us a separate download to revert to the previous way of rendering that ran flawlessly.

I'm also running under DX9 and i have issues like these. Runned perfectly before this patch. I'm going to reinstall the game i guess and see.

I'm also running under DX9 and i have issues like these. Runned perfectly before this patch. I'm going to reinstall the game i guess and see.

Please keep us informed. But I am affraid a reinstall will not help. They screwed the game rendering so until that is fixed, the result will be the same.

My graphics are now bugged.

To be exact: the cow and deer tiles are now 'smeared' towards one direction til the end of my screen. The cow or deer tile turn into stripes wich just don't end.

this sucks. do I now have to reinstall?

On the 2K forum somebody else has the same. He says:

"My video went also bad immediately after the update. All animals are long lines across the screen - the troops all display okay. It appears to just be problem with display of the landscape animals. Windows 7 - Direct x 10.

I updated all drivers - and problem still persists."

The game wouldn't load for me from Steam until I updated my Nvidia and Intel drivers, but once that was done it has worked a treat. I loaded up as Spain on the largest map possible with marathon speed and left only cultural and domination victory options to see how the AI would do. 250 turns in and the game is noticeably faster, all features are working fine, no bugs that I can see, and Mongolia is on the warpath, although I am just in front of him on points and techs.

I have fought three wars and the AI seems to have a better handle on moving its military units. However, enemy settlers, workers and great people are just sent wandering at random towards my cities. Still, this is just about the first time that CIV V is playable.

Mozzington can u tell me how good the ai did at expanding. Did they make more then 3/4 citys?

Night and day over previous versions. Like I say, a couple of Civs (not all) actively colonising overseas in the early game. Something I have never really seen previous unless Polynesia are in the game.

Not having any crash issues as others reporting but my PC was upgraded only a few month ago and would not expect any problems.

Well my game is definitely running smoother so far. The twitchiness during turns is less noticable as well. I noticed the game telling me the Cs is taking its turn at the bottom of the screen, but I don`t need it. I have enough brains to know that the game is processing the AI turns, I don`t need more information overload.
Chased a barbarian band that nicked my Settler all down the continent then got ambushed by several barbs and had to retreat! My settlers remain prisoners.

No Problems with Mods at all. All working fine, but I don`t download them from Steam (that`s where the disappearing problems come from). They are all manually installed.

same problems here :mad:
i've already experienced some graphics issues with directx 9 and if i try to play with some mods on, the game crashes after 20-25 turns, unplayable...

Top Bottom