Bug Report (English)

Hi Thomas,

i have already downloaded and played the newest version of your mod. Now roads can be build. But I have problems with the healing of damaged Units. Though they stay in a city and the healing process is activ there is no progress in healing this Unit :-( The same could be said about the healing independent from the terrain. Any idea ???

Thanx for your work - i appreciate it :))

Damn. I know this bug. I've already fixed it but forgot to merge the change in the final release. Sorry.

€: The unit will heal if the terrain has got a feature (forest, jungle, floodplains, but not ice). ;) This is a new code part for the dynamic ice. Early ship types and work boats will now be destroyed if they get into ice while newer types (ironclad and later) will get a heavy damage. This should make early explorations more difficult and should avoid submarines to hide and heal under ice. ;)

€2: Fixed DLL attached! But I'll update later the download too.

Hi Thomas, thanx for your quick answer. With the new dll the error has been solved. But now i have another strange behaviour. If my worker stands on a ricefield it is possible to build fences ??? I have uploaded a screenshot for better understanding. Hope it helps to develop the final Version....

Attachments

• Fehler.jpg
    Fehler.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 229
Hi Thomas, thanx for your quick answer. With the new dll the error has been solved. But now i have another strange behaviour. If my worker stands on a ricefield it is possible to build fences ??? I have uploaded a screenshot for better understanding. Hope it helps to develop the final Version....

Yes, everything is okay. Farms are only productive on green and/or irrigated plots (Irrigation Mod / Green Balance Mod). So civs in desert, taiga or plain terrain could have a lot of trouble. So instead of using farms those civs can get enough food from animals at ancient times . This even historical correct.

Hi Thomas, i have found another little Bug. The next in the "paper-info" (see attached file" is not complete. I have seen more of this, but i have forgotten to make a screenshot of it - sorry - But your mod is so challenging....

Attachments

• Papier-Text.jpg
    Papier-Text.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 183
Here another screenshot with missing text...

Hope it helps - don't want to annoy you with my posts...

Attachments

• Aufforsten.jpg
    Aufforsten.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 185
Here another screenshot with missing text...

Hope it helps - don't want to annoy you with my posts...

Post, post, post please. This is the best and easiest way to find those bugs. Even if you see a not well translated text (for example from Revolution) please make a screen and post it. And there could be several bad translations because Revolution makes the texts of modules that fit well in English but a fitting translation in German is not so easy. And I'll never see those texts and bugs with AIAutoPlay. I really need your help.

And of course I'll add the missing text asap.

Hello Thomas,

I'm looking forward to playing your mod, it seems promising.

However, unfortunately I can't install it. After starting the installation, at the very beginning (the progress bar barely starts) I get the following message:

"[Mod name] has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

Mods\Community Civ V\Assets\leaderheads\hitler\napoleon_bg.dds: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)"

And then the installation breaks. BTW, why is napoleon in the hitler folder? Just curious :)

Maybe I am doing something wrong, would be great if you could look into it, I'd really want to try this mod out.

Cheers

Hello Thomas,

I'm looking forward to playing your mod, it seems promising.

Honey for my soul. Thank you. :king:

However, unfortunately I can't install it. After starting the installation, at the very beginning (the progress bar barely starts) I get the following message:

"[Mod name] has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

Mods\Community Civ V\Assets\leaderheads\hitler\napoleon_bg.dds: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)"

And then the installation breaks.

You are running an Alpha 1 installer. Right? Sounds like a damaged file. Perhaps a damaged installer file, perhaps damaged by upload or download. I really don't know.

But although the downloads for Alpha 1 are still online I ask you to install Alpha 2 please. Alpha 1 was very buggy. I killed 36 bugs between Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 and especially Alpha 1 has got a late game bug that will crash the game!

You will find Alpha 2 as ZIP. But of course you will have to install it manually. But that's not so difficult.

You find BTW, why is napoleon in the hitler folder? Just curious :)

Not curious. Hitler is a custom leader that was made with parts of napoleon. That's why napoleon files are in the hitler folder.

HI, i have a game where all units are invisible :/

dont now how i can insert a savegamefile here, so if i have your email i can send it to you.

greets

HI, i have a game where all units are invisible :/

dont now how i can insert a savegamefile here, so if i have your email i can send it to you.

greets

Are you sure that all units are invisible? Are even normal units like warrior, rifleman,... invisible? Or are we just taking about invisible units like submarines and stealth ships? If we are talking about those - do you know the new advanced random invisible system?

For example destroyers can't see submarines in all cases like in BTS. There is now only a chance to see them. The chance of the destroyer to see submarines is really good (~ 60%) but so sometimes a submarine will be invisible for a destroyer too.

Of course you can send me your save. But please tell me which version of CCV is used!!!

i) the email is CommunityCivV@gmx.de

ii) under the text field for typing posts are two buttons - Submit Reply and Preview Post. Somewhere lower on the same page is a button - Manage Attachments. Click onto it to open a popup. Search for the savegame file and upload it. If you can't upload a save of a mod (I've never tried it) use a tool like 7zip, WinZip or Winrar and upload the packed file.

Are you sure that all units are invisible? Are even normal units like warrior, rifleman,... invisible? Or are we just taking about invisible units like submarines and stealth ships? If we are talking about those - do you know the new advanced random invisible system?

For example destroyers can't see submarines in all cases like in BTS. There is now only a chance to see them. The chance of the destroyer to see submarines is really good (~ 60%) but so sometimes a submarine will be invisible for a destroyer too.

Of course you can send me your save. But please tell me which version of CCV is used!!!

i) the email is CommunityCivV@gmx.de

ii) under the text field for typing posts are two buttons - Submit Reply and Preview Post. Somewhere lower on the same page is a button - Manage Attachments. Click onto it to open a popup. Search for the savegame file and upload it. If you can't upload a save of a mod (I've never tried it) use a tool like 7zip, WinZip or Winrar and upload the packed file.

thx for reply, i dont know the reason, but i cant get the units (also normal landunits like settlers) visible also not in new games. I reinstalled Civilization and after that all works fine again.

Realy dont know what happend, because that was the first strange behavior ive got from civ4. My civ runs normaly without crahses and strange thinge :)

by the way: great idea with the not-everytime-visible submarines :)

Downloaded latest version (I think), installed, started game - everyone's initial cities went to legendary status and covered half the continent on the second turn. Exit to desktop, repeat, same result. Tried with a couple of the larger map sizes, and a couple of the slower speeds, same results each combination. Any ideas?

DANGER: The Pedia can crash the game if you call it from the start screen. Don't do so!!!! To avoid the crash start a game and call the pedia from there. I'll search for the reason... :coffee:

Can you tell me something about your gameoptions, please?

€: Okay. I had a look at the file and your settings. And I found out that this is a bug in Dynamic Civ Leader. I don't know what causes the CTD at the moment but I will try to solve the problem as soon as possible.

If you want to play with DCL don't start the game with random leaders! You must choose the leaders yourself before starting the game. And you must choose one of the best fitting leaders.

I'm getting a CTD in this game whenever I try to look at the Tech screen; settings are pretty much the same as the last one, except I have barbarian world switched on and I have defined all the leaders at the start (is there no way you're going to be able to work around that for dynamic leaders by the way? Will we always have to define every leader for every game?). It didn't happen early on in the game but happened a time prior to this point in the game; I reloaded and played a while longer and this save is from another time when the same thing happened.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    236.4 KB · Views: 129
I'm getting a CTD in this game whenever I try to look at the Tech screen

I had a look at the save. And we got a problem here. I've got no idea what is happening because nothing happens on my machine. :confused: I've reloaded the save game again and again. I've played several turns myself. Did some auto-runs. I can check the techscreen whenever I want. Everything seems to be okay. I even checked all buttons in the screen. Okay. :sad:

Can somebody else please run the save and tell me what happens?

... and I have defined all the leaders at the start (is there no way you're going to be able to work around that for dynamic leaders by the way? Will we always have to define every leader for every game?).

There should be no problem with DCL in 4.08. There should be no need to define leaders anymore. The CTD from DCL was caused if changing from a philo leader to a non philo leader because of the great people birthrate modifier. But this bug should be solved. All tests seemed to be okay although I could never really find the problem. Just a solution (I hope so) to avoid the problem...

But at least it was good that you have uploaded your save because it showed me another problem when adding new techs with worldbuilder...

All I can offer at the moment is to solve the new found problems and give you my current version. But I'm still working on the unit art. VD 9.0 doesn't really fit to CCV as it is. But because of the update of the city styles it should be more stable even if it is a bit buggy. There are wrong unit sizes, wrong buttons and non fitting unit arts...

What should I do?

Top Bottom