Bug reports and technical issues

Good to know, thanks.

Spoiler :

File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvRFCEventManager", line 112, in handleEvent
etc
TypeError: onVassalState() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

Have you received/fixed phytex similar to that? I'll complete the blank part if you hadn't..

Also,
the "Greek leaders have met with their Viking Christian brothers to discuss ...etc... war effort" event seems bugged.
1) I am Viking
2) I don't receive any event choice or something as the usual one
3) I am not at war with anybody
4) I don't get any effect...

Also,
Nidaros celebrates TXT_KEY_CIVIC_WE_LOVE_CONSUL!!!

And,
What's trigger Kingdom of Norway and Kalmar Union? It changes every turn.
I was Kingdom of Norway when accepting Christianity.
I then go war with France and raze Paris.
I am Kalmar Union now.
Few turns, return to Kingdom of Norway again (peace with all).
I then go war with Spain and raze Madrid; Kalmar Union.
The same happen when I raze London and Vienna too...

And also,
When should the name Kingdom of Srivijaya turned into Kingdom of Majapahit?

Spoiler :

File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvRFCEventManager", line 112, in handleEvent
etc
TypeError: onVassalState() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

Have you received/fixed phytex similar to that? I'll complete the blank part if you hadn't..
Are you on the current revision? I thought I had fixed that, if you are, please post the complete exception here.

And,
What's trigger Kingdom of Norway and Kalmar Union? It changes every turn.
I was Kingdom of Norway when accepting Christianity.
I then go war with France and raze Paris.
I am Kalmar Union now.
Few turns, return to Kingdom of Norway again (peace with all).
I then go war with Spain and raze Madrid; Kalmar Union.
The same happen when I raze London and Vienna too...
Kalmar Union requires a certain empire size. Apparently, cities that are conquered count even if you raze them, and when the next periodic check comes around the game notices that you don't actually own the city and reverts (you were apparently right at the threshold for counting as an empire).

And also,
When should the name Kingdom of Srivijaya turned into Kingdom of Majapahit?
Empire size, too.

Don't think it will apply to maps trading, but let's say that you do a tech trade with an AI resulting in a shift of score (you go from over to below them), then this may result in an AI relationship change.

Nope, the map example was accurate... i was Germany, and i think the AI was Japan, however it was more than just one player. It was in the stage where map was almost revealed, and i traded the maps a lot, so i guess they was angry they paid too much for nothing :)

Another small bug report about corporations:
- on the map i see the Steel industry expanded to my city
- in the city screen however, the corporation icon isn't highlighted, and when i hover the corporation icon, the resources aren't displayed
- this maybe for other corps too, cereal and mining works fine

PS: I really miss some of the wonders :(( Theoretically can i switch religion to Islam, then to Catholicism and build the other wonders? Or it's limited also by civilization type, or location?

Empire size, too.
Just looked at it and realized they need six cities to be large enough to count as empire, which is a little much. I've reduced it to four, so you will see Majapahit more often now.

Are you on the current revision? I thought I had fixed that, if you are, please post the complete exception here.

Is the current revision include Orthodoxy? Then I'm not. Still playing a Viking game.. I won't be able to finish if I update.. :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Kalmar Union requires a certain empire size. Apparently, cities that are conquered count even if you raze them, and when the next periodic check comes around the game notices that you don't actually own the city and reverts (you were apparently right at the threshold for counting as an empire).

I see.
I owned Edinburgh, Trondheim, Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen..
So the threshold must be 5 :cool:
P.S Then if I ever get to Iceland and found Reykjavik, it'll be Kalmar Union? :eek:

Empire size, too.

I think for this one it should be time, IMO. If it's 1300AD, Majapahit...
Usually there are not enough time to found 6 cities, especially to their low :hammer:

Palembang; Yogyakarta (please rename to Mataram); Vijayapura; Makassar and Temasek : Right at 5..

Cross-posted.

Another one,
Carolingian Empire from the start of French spawn...

Is the current revision include Orthodoxy? Then I'm not. Still playing a Viking game.. I won't be able to finish if I update.. :crazyeye:
Yes, but it was fixed earlier than that. Actually you seem to have updated just after I've committed that bug but before I fixed it shortly thereafter. Updating to just one revision after it should fix it.

I see.
I owned Edinburgh, Trondheim, Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen..
So the threshold must be 5 :cool:
P.S Then if I ever get to Iceland and found Reykjavik, it'll be Kalmar Union? :eek:
Yes.

I think for this one it should be time, IMO. If it's 1300AD, Majapahit...
Usually there are not enough time to found 6 cities, especially to their low :hammer:
I'd like to avoid deterministic name changes.

Another one,
Carolingian Empire from the start of French spawn...
They're already called Frankish Empire until Germany spawns.

There's something wrong with Maya's third Historical Goal: Get a Great General by 1600 AD.

Spoiler :

I just lost a city a few turns ago, maybe that's the reason, but it's not mentioned anywhere you can't lose a city.

Looks like there are still bits of the old goal in the victory module, I've committed a fix.

Leoreth: the missing text key for Ottomans is this: TXT_KEY_CIV_OTTOMAN_DESC_DEFAULT

Latest SVN update, I'm seeing this in reformation popup.

Spoiler :

Oh, right, I haven't filled in the text keys yet.

Out of curiosity, since your screenshot also includes France with the Orthodox holy city - when was Orthodoxy founded, and was any eastern civ alive and Catholic at that point (Byzantium, Greece, Russia)? Your event log suggests that was the case, which means something went wrong.

In that game Orthodoxy was founded in Paris around 850 AD. Orthodoxy is almost everywhere except for large parts of Spain and Germany.

And yes, Byzantium and Greece were alive at that point. Russia hadn't spawned yet I'd say.

Actually you seem to have updated just after I've committed that bug but before I fixed it shortly thereafter.

:crazyeye: Timezone matters, perhaps :)

I'd like to avoid deterministic name changes.
Is name change when a population in Java outrun the population in Sumatra does also deterministic or is that one complicated? hahaha

I have some suggestion for Vikings name. Check the Dynamic Name thread~

In that game Orthodoxy was founded in Paris around 850 AD. Orthodoxy is almost everywhere except for large parts of Spain and Germany.

And yes, Byzantium and Greece were alive at that point. Russia hadn't spawned yet I'd say.
Damn, France shouldn't found Orthodoxy in that case (although almost everyone else flipping with them is intentional then). Do you still have the PythonDbg file for that game per chance?

Is name change when a population in Java outrun the population in Sumatra does also deterministic or is that one complicated? hahaha
That's a good idea.

If you have logging enabled, it should be in your My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder (actual location can differ depending on OS).

Unfortunately I didn't have logging enabled. I'll report if I see something similar happen again.

Top Bottom