Caveman 2 Cosmos

Yes. Actualy i have a good graphic card but it plays on low graphics... Should i change this?

It depends, on my machine I have had to go to lowest settings to get to the industrial age! Otherwise I get all sorts of graphic glitches and video memory errors every 3-5 turns!

I like the pic of the caveman but dont understand the rest of the pic, sorry.

I saw one of, dont know who made it, where some of the words were in like a Wooden plank, or something like that for AND.

It is a person who "believes" in his ancestors...

I made them for AND.
Spoiler :

Some pictures i made
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Can I make some for C2C?

Dancing Hoskuld said:
depends, on my machine I have had to go to lowest settings to get to the industrial age! Otherwise I get all sorts of graphic glitches and video memory errors every 3-5 turns!

It is a big game and C2C is a big mod...

I went from a 900Mhz 1 GB RAM to 3 Ghz 4 GB RAM with my new PC, literally night and day with this mod. C2C loads in under a minute now.

CiverDan so ram is more important than graphic card?

Yes memory is more important, but have at least a 256 MB video card. All really depends on what PC OS you have also.

Some suggested requirements:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175018&postcount=7

It is a person who "believes" in his ancestors...

I made them for AND.

Some pictures i made
Spoiler :

Can I make some for C2C?

It is a big game and C2C is a big mod...

Definitely, like i said, i didnt know you did them but like i said i really like the WOOD grain texture one, but in doing for C2C dont need and other reference to other mods, no offense to them (because they are the backbone (base) of the mod already). Dont need the options on the left either. The tech tree, nope, the pic on the right, nope, the stuff on the bottom, nope.

But the others would be just plain fun to look at, maybe "we" YOU can make some for a LOADING images, i did that for one MOD once, it had like 10-15 pics all of different things as the mod was loading for people to look at, was kind of nifty.

But the others would be just plain fun to look at, maybe "we" YOU can make some for a LOADING images, i did that for one MOD once, it had like 10-15 pics all of different things as the mod was loading for people to look at, was kind of nifty.

They are probably the wrong size but I do have some "loading images" from Empire Earth. These are taken from when the game installs. However in the manual it has a picture for every era. Too bad they are in black and white and I have no idea where they all are in the game.

EDIT: I found another good one. However this was off the web.

They are probably the wrong size but I do have some "loading images" from Empire Earth. These are taken from when the game installs. However in the manual it has a picture for every era. Too bad they are in black and white and I have no idea where they all are in the game.

EDIT: I found another good one. However this was off the web.

I really like these, but with the Caveman2Cosmos (wood grained name) would even be better on stuff.
Like half rounded, kinda.

the logo with the wood is etremely easy:

just choose any logo and font of your choice http://cooltext.com/Logo-Design-Slab

for example:

Spoiler :

Hydromancerx has nice pictures, i can do many photos but i don't know if they fit for being loading images.
Spoiler :

example

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

in my opinion there can be pictures from all eras

What if you offered those as a separate download that people could download if they wanted? I know there is not a lot of alternative loading screens for Civ IV at the moment. Perhaps some of these could be done as both ordinary BTS and C2C screens if that is not too much trouble. I have never liked the loading screen they had. To me an image of a broken sword with a musket or pistol on the menu screen would have been more appropriate to a title like beyond the sword than what they had. Is that possible to make a loading screen with a club, a sword, a musket and a pistol or rifle on the screen to make a better statement of mankind's development through the ages?...

Hydromancerx you must reload to see the second picture in the spoiler, i just made it :)

Healz i agree with you, also a comment inside the photo with "great man's" wise words would be great in my opinion

the logo with the wood is etremely easy:

just choose any logo and font of your choice http://cooltext.com/Logo-Design-Slab

for example:

Spoiler :

Hydromancerx has nice pictures, i can do many photos but i don't know if they fit for being loading images.
Spoiler :

example

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

in my opinion there can be pictures from all eras

Thx looks great, but i think Caveman 2 Cosmos looks better, what say you Hydro/Dancing H?

The one pic with Lincoln looks really kool but the C2C is hard to read?

2. I don't recall which tech is for the "carnival" but if you look in civlopedia I am sure you can find your answer.

3. Yeah. If you need to find your difficulty I suggest you select option at the beginning of the game that will either increase or decrease the difficulty of the game as you play. If you are falling behind it will get easier. If you are on the top then it will get harder.

Thanks for the tips and I didn't realise there was this kind of auto-difficulty setting....that's superb!

I had my first CTD!:eek: I'm on turn 1004 and I was having a great battle with my new archers trying to take out some barbarian camps when I founded Juinism (not sure how you spell it as I've never heard of it!) The little screen came up to play the vid, but then it crashed saying I was out of video memory!

I thought my system would be handle this and I had all my settings on high thinking it would be OK, but I guess not. Do you guys with mid-to high-end systems still have to lower the settings? I have:

i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
XFX 5870 1GB (stock clocks)
6GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Windows 7 64 bit
Civ 4 installed on an 80GB Intel SSD
res 1920x1200

I'm playing on a large map and I'm experimenting with 1UPT and I guess that's putting a strain on things because there are a lot of things on the screen and the in-between turn times are getting a bit long.

What graphic settings would you recommend and do you think I would be better off just playing on a standard map and maybe going up to 5UPT?

While I'm here a just have a question about ranged attacks. It says the archers can make ranged attacks, but I can't see how to do that. They just seem to be able to attack like normal melee units on the tile next to the one you're attacking. I thought if they can make ranged attacks then they'd be able to attack from 2 tiles away. How do I do a ranged attack?

Thanks!

**Edit**
I forgot to add, I have disabled hyper-threading in my BIOS so the game should be using 4 threads instead of the full 8. Would enabling hyper-threading be better and can the game use 8 threads?

Thanks for the tips and I didn't realise there was this kind of auto-difficulty setting....that's superb!

I had my first CTD!:eek: I'm on turn 1004 and I was having a great battle with my new archers trying to take out some barbarian camps when I founded Juinism (not sure how you spell it as I've never heard of it!) The little screen came up to play the vid, but then it crashed saying I was out of video memory!

I thought my system would be handle this and I had all my settings on high thinking it would be OK, but I guess not. Do you guys with mid-to high-end systems still have to lower the settings? I have:

i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
XFX 5870 1GB (stock clocks)
6GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Windows 7 64 bit
Civ 4 installed on an 80GB Intel SSD
res 1920x1200

I'm playing on a large map and I'm experimenting with 1UPT and I guess that's putting a strain on things because there are a lot of things on the screen and the in-between turn times are getting a bit long.

What graphic settings would you recommend and do you think I would be better off just playing on a standard map and maybe going up to 5UPT?

While I'm here a just have a question about ranged attacks. It says the archers can make ranged attacks, but I can't see how to do that. They just seem to be able to attack like normal melee units on the tile next to the one you're attacking. I thought if they can make ranged attacks then they'd be able to attack from 2 tiles away. How do I do a ranged attack?

Thanks!

**Edit**
I forgot to add, I have disabled hyper-threading in my BIOS so the game should be using 4 threads instead of the full 8. Would enabling hyper-threading be better and can the game use 8 threads?

The Jainism and Sikh founding movies don't exist. There is an error in the XML which causes the "blank" founding screen/pop-up. Just press esc. to continue the game.

When you get a video memory error it appears to be caused by a combination of video and cache memory (and memory leaks). Other than using the 3GB switch if you have Windows XP and 3GB or more of memory or reducing your graphics settings to "lowest'. there is little you can do about this problem. The only other solution is to save often and restart from a save. If you get the flashing patterns in game then delete the cache before you load from a save.

Archer Ranged attacks are only to units in the next plot. It allows the archers to do some damage without suffering any damage themselves which is what would happen if they attacked. If the option has not been disabled due to bugs, archer units get one or two extra action buttons that look like targets.

i just made these in case.
Spoiler :
logo

Spoiler :

graving
Spoiler :

C2C+RevolutionDCM (i liked the one with the grandmas)
Spoiler :

history remaking
Spoiler :

C2C Credits
Spoiler :

One question, does the bluemarble (i've seen it on AND) work for c2c?

Archer Ranged attacks are only to units in the next plot. It allows the archers to do some damage without suffering any damage themselves which is what would happen if they attacked. If the option has not been disabled due to bugs, archer units get one or two extra action buttons that look like targets.

Thanks for your reply. I think maybe it's been disabled then because I looked for extra action buttons, but they just have the same buttons as ordinary melee units. That's a pity.

Didn't realise "esc" would get me out of the blue screen for those religions...I'll try that next time. To get past where I kept crashing I just turned off all the movie options, but I kinda miss them now! If it's just those 2 movies that are missing then I'll turn them back on.

Top Bottom