IO6 - Civilization V!!

IdiotsOpposite

Boom, headshot.
All right, I'm setting up the sixth IO to be on Civilization V!

Game difficulty will be on prince, we'll be playing as Japan (Bushido :D ), and the map will be standard size pangaea.

All who are willing to take the leap are allowed to join up.

You must have Civ V on your computer by the 22nd of September, or at least soon after that. I'll have mine on the 21st, so I'll be fine.

I have no pictures, yet, obviously.

So... anyone want to join me?

Stupid Amazon says mine's not shipping until the 27th!!! Criminal. Add 5 days for UPS and I'm probably past your deadline. If not, I'd love to play.

I think you might be a bit premature in this.

Civ 5 is only available in North America by that date. But good luck !

Stupid Amazon says mine's not shipping until the 27th!!! Criminal. Add 5 days for UPS and I'm probably past your deadline. If not, I'd love to play.

Well, I'm willing to wait those days... we're going to want to plan carefully anyways!

Rex, if you're willing to get on, I'm willing to have you on the team. We'll need many days of planning anyway (worker first? Does that still apply to Civ V? How's our terrain?), so I'm sure you'll fit in the time limit.

I think you might be a bit premature in this.

Civ 5 is only available in North America by that date. But good luck !

Really? Wow, that sucks for those who don't live in North America... but even so, at least we've got one continent that can join!

Better yet, in Australia the basic version is 80 USD.

It must cost an extra 30 USD to send the bits all the way to Australia

cool. I'm in. Personally, I plan to learn 5 the same way I learned 4, which was to play like I played 3 until I discovered why that was wrong.

lurker's comment:

cool. I'm in. Personally, I plan to learn 5 the same way I learned 4, which was to play like I played 3 until I discovered why that was wrong.

someone please explain why you go incommunicado for a few weeks, then show up on CFC of all places for a new SG??

/threadjack

Four days until the game is in... I can't wait. Why must there be a weekend?

So far, the roster is...

IdiotsOpposite
Rex Tyrannus
<open>
<open>
<open>
<open>

I mean, two people is fine for an SG, but I would like more.

And to Rex Tyrannus, thanks for joining! Hopefully we'll find that Civ IV tactics still work somewhat in Civ V, to a degree at least...

Obviously, you've never seen Rex play civ.

Nah, I saw him do that Passing the Torch thing (at least I assume that was him.) The thing is, I need someone else... you know how hard it is to do an SG alone? It's not an SG anymore!!

This is still open, if anyone wants to join. If not, it'll be Rex and I showing Civ V to the world.

Shame? Being branded as the worst Civ5 player ever? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria?

Tom Brady throwing two interceptions and fumbling? Sob.

Or worse yet, being looked up to on the forum.

Gerurun, I'm glad to have you on the team. Note that I'll have the game tomorrow, and I'll post the initial screenshot tomorrow too.

Then we will have several days to discuss it... this is not a game I want to start on quickly.

Just to keep it updated... the roster is:

IdiotsOpposite
Rex Tyrannus
Gererun

In some order of playing... I don't know the order yet.

ALSO

Rules: Deviant Minds rules, whatever they are. I always liked them.

I'm installing the game right now. First thing I'll do is post the start. Then I'll play the tutorial... or just jump into the game. Yeah, I might do that second one.

Er... how do you take a screenshot, by chance?

From the game I just played as Japan, we should strongly consider raising the difficulty level. I'm sure al-Rashid would have agreed as my modern infantry tore through his crossbowmen and descended upon Mecca for an easy domination win.

Top Bottom