SGOTM 14 - Kakumeika

looks like I'll be able to get paper by end of T127 in the real game

running 2 scientists in GPFarm instead of Pmine (delaying NE by 1 turn but getting the gp by running the scientists so it is a wash)
building wealth in isengard after the lighthouse finished and wealth in Silver after the lighthouse too

By the way, I think it is a bad idea to fortify all the units before you upload. It is easy for the next player to miss a unit and let him sleep away the whole turn set...

I woke up the settler, the workers, the spear, the elephants, the warrior outside our borders, the missionary, the galley, the chariot, the workboat, the spies... anything else I'm forgetting?
The axeman outside our borders (who will go exploring)

Using the space bar to skip the turn for each unit would be better, so at most one turn is missed. I'm suggesting it tough; just commenting that it would be better; waking up all units is actually best plus turning off the governor in each city.

I believe that the game should be paused when saved and uploaded, but I suspect not everyone would agree to this.

Sun Tzu Wu

Is the fort in Gems City 1N1E of Gems City on the plains? I was hoping we would farm the plains 1N1W of Gems City to set up a farm chain down to Sheep City after we got Civil Service.

I don't have a complete view of the mountains but it looks highly unlikely the wizard is there.

Ya, unless the Wizard is on a single tile on the coast of the mountain chains, I don't think he is in the mountains either. My next best guess is on one of those tiny little islands at the bottom of the map that always seem to show up on wheel maps. The maps trading should give us our best clues. Keep an eye out for an "Emerald City" barb areas :D

Is the fort in Gems City 1N1E of Gems City on the plains? I was hoping we would farm the plains 1N1W of Gems City to set up a farm chain down to Sheep City after we got Civil Service.

It is. I wasn't super excited about farming down the spoke. Isengard will be happy enough with workshops once we are in caste system. If we are not whipping as much as you usually do I think we can go without farms down the spoke.

the 2nd spy in eastern witches hit a dead end. I'm wondering if I should just carry him back to the main land for Boston, since he really won't add much scouting for another 3-4 turns and will be at risk if he does...

Oh ya, keep an eye out for resource trades with Ghandi/Monty/Mansa. We just established trade routes with them, and there are fresh opportunities for us now with them.

the 2nd spy in eastern witches hit a dead end. I'm wondering if I should just carry him back to the main land for Boston, since he really won't add much scouting for another 3-4 turns and will be at risk if he does...

I would recommend keeping both spies working the East Witches even if it takes a while. With closed borders a lone spy is likely to be caught before exploring everything.

okay on spies and yes resource trades in effect (although the south has become the WE of the north, it seems to change every turn)

the south researched feudalism
and then traded feudalism for theology from the west.
so everyone except the north have feudalism who will get it next turn...

okay on spies and yes resource trades in effect (although the south has become the WE of the north, it seems to change every turn)

Worst enemies of the north :eek:

That is what I fear the most in these kind of games. After hitting next turn, an AI like the South Witches ask for a tech, I say sure no problemo, and wham -4 diplo "traded with worst enemies" from some random AI who hit WE between turns.

About the only way we can fix it is to convert Gheghis to Taoism and maybe flip Monty to Taoism with our spy city. I doubt Monty would stay Tao for long though with only 1 city having it, so it would probably be a waste of Espiionage points, except if we were to do it to delay Monty building AP for 5 turns.

south is no longer the WE of the north T128
fake ragnar eastern witch has vassalage as a favorite civic and now fake mansa, fake monty and fake gandhi are all in vassalage... could get bad relations wise (east will be more liked soon or at least will like other people more)

Okay more data for personality tables

we are cautious with mansa and shaka (both will not trade maps)
we are pleased with gandhi and cautious with monty (both will trade maps)
we are annoyed with eastern witches and they will not trade maps
we are pleased with elizabeth and cautious with genghis (both will not trade maps)

south is no longer the WE of the north T128
fake ragnar eastern witch has vassalage as a favorite civic and now fake mansa, fake monty and fake gandhi are all in vassalage... could get bad relations wise (east will be more liked soon or at least will like other people more)

Hmm, only Charlemange, Alexander, Mehmed II, and Cyrus have Vassalage as their favorite Civic. I don't recall any of them having closed borders/no trades at cautious, so fake Asoka must really be Tokugawa as I think Tachywaxon was saying. I'll have to check if Shaka or Ragnar also have closed borders/no trades at cautious in some test games later.

No western witch city is building the AP, so I'll start it in Gems. since the south got theology in trade they might be working on it but only had 2 turn head start on us.

I assume I want to keep the barbarian city that I will capture, it has rice and pigs and 3 forests and blocks the vikings from expanding past it. We have our 8 xp unit by the way :D (but I lost the 2nd elephant at 94% odds :( capturing the city)

Okay I'm going to upload a turn early end of T134 because there are some interesting tech trading decisions to make (like do we want 260 gold and diplo modifiers by trading music)

report soon...

Top Bottom