About Diplo music.................

Is there a way to have diplo music and turn off the game music?

My fave is Justinian. I really love the drone quality to his music. The happy Celtic music is a close second best.:culture:

which leader doesn't have diplo music? I hear it for all of them

What I mean is almost all leaders have THEIR OWN Diplo music , some just share from others ( Boudica , Churchill ) .Yes , I like Boudica's as well . What about Gilgamesh's .

FYI: Several of the diplomacy music tracks were adapted from earlier Civ games, including:

Montezuma - opening menu from Civ 2
Julius/Augustus - "Augustus Rises" from Civ 2
Hammurabi - "Hammurabi's Code" from Civ 2
Bismarck - "Funeral March" from Civ 2

The Romans' and Bismarck's music were also in Civ1, in the same role; Frederick was the default leader for the Germans and his music remained the same as well.
The Babylonian theme from Civ1 is now being used for Persia early on.

Hearing the same music today when playing Civ4 always makes me smile.

The Music is one of the best parts of Civ. I have tons of them in my Ipod, the ones I like are for

Greece (Alex, Pericles), England (Elizabeth), France (All), Russia (All, especially Catherine_Late), Germany (Frederick). Rome, Khmer, China, Japan, Korea, India, Maya, Spain, Arabia and Portugal are quite nice. I guess that's most of them. The ones I don't like are Inca, Zulu and Aztecs, they're nonsense.

Maybe we should have a list of where the music for each leader was from. The list in wiki is so incomplete, like Napoleon - La Marseilles.

The Music is one of the best parts of Civ. I have tons of them in my Ipod, the ones I like are for

Greece (Alex, Pericles), England (Elizabeth), France (All), Russia (All, especially Catherine_Late), Germany (Frederick). Rome, Khmer, China, Japan, Korea, India, Maya, Spain, Arabia and Portugal are quite nice. I guess that's most of them. The ones I don't like are Inca, Zulu and Aztecs, they're nonsense.

Maybe we should have a list of where the music for each leader was from. The list in wiki is so incomplete, like Napoleon - La Marseilles.

Sure , Why not . By the way , list it's history as well ( when did appear in civilization ).By the way , have you heard WillemvanOrage_Late?

Willem's circus theme is actually good, you know. One I actually consider using sometime in RL. But I really don't know much about the origin of the music. La Marseilles and something classic from Britain (God Save the Queen or Rule Britannia) for Victoria and Churchill. I've heard that the Russian music has a famous origin... (Catherine Late)

BTW, Kao'chai, where does your name come from? Just curious.

I feel sorry for poor Willem, by late game all the other leaders have these grand, sweeping nationalistic songs really full of pride and patriotism and all that

Willem's wouldn't sound out of place at a Theme Park...

Still it's fun to listen too I suppose

I feel sorry for poor Willem, by late game all the other leaders have these grand, sweeping nationalistic songs really full of pride and patriotism and all that

Willem's wouldn't sound out of place at a Theme Park...

Still it's fun to listen too I suppose

Theme Park!!! That's exactly what I had in mind!

Most of them I liked very much, except one....William Orange

Top Bottom