Many Leaders Game 5 - One City Challenge

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
Welcome to the fifth installment of the Many Leaders Game (thanks mice ;)).

The premise is simple. Everyone plays from the same starting save but as different leaders. This time, we're investigating the One City Challange and attempting a Conquest win.

We will report our games every 50 turns. At the end of each round I'll produce some sort of data analysis to try and compare the games. If the pace gets too much, we can drop the turnsets to 40 turns at some stage.

So jump in and grab a leader. Only one player per leader as well and try and have a different leader to previous games.

Reporting:

Try and treat it like a normal SG game. Give as much info as posible about your tactics, plans etc. Screenshots are good as well. In the first round try and give some insight as to why you chose your leader and your strategy for winning the game.

Don't publish half or incomplete reports and then edit later. Wait until you're finished and publish it all, even if you're late.

All reports to be enclosed in spoiler tags.

Use your checking in post to create a series of links to your game as it progresses. I will then create a link to all these posts. It makes it easy for everyone to follow a single game, rather than the round by round games.

The timeframe for each round is decided once 75% of people (12/16) have published their reports. At this stage I'll produce whatever analysis grabs my fancy. Don't worry about being late, I'll go back and update the graph as the remaining games come in. There is no set deadline, if you end up a week behind, just keep going and you'll still be included.

If time permits, try and load the saves of others to try and get a feel for what they are doing. Feel free to comment and give advise on other people's games or even ask advise on what you should be doing.

Game:

Map: Inland Sea
Level: Prince
Size: Standard/Small
Speed: Normal
Leader: ? up to you.

Starting Position:

Will be published once all leaders have been selected

Roster:

GreyFox - Elizabeth - 1854AD Conquest Victory
Ozbenno - Wang Kon - 1864AD Conquest Victory
TriviAl - Peter - 1864AD Conquest Victory
yena - de Gaulle - 1896AD Conquest Victory
Cabledawg - Shaka - 1918AD Conquest Victory
Swiss Pauli - Boudicea - 1959AD Conquest Victory
Kodii - Stalin - 2020AD Conquest Victory
Ad Hoc - Tokogawa - 2001AD Cultural Defeat
TheLastOne36 - Huayna Capac - 1710AD Conquest Defeat
Imhotep - Churchill - 1590AD Conquest Defeat
pawelo - Bismark - retired
r_rolo1 - Qin Shi Huang
Conroe - Ramesses II
berserks01 - Augustus Caesar
50 Dollar Bag - Abraham Lincoln

The roster is closed, I'll post a starting position once all the leaders have been picked, have the saves ready a couple of days after that, ready to rock.

First round games (4000BC - 2000BC) can be found here. Analysis here.
Second round games (2000BC - 375BC) can be found here. Analysis here.
Third round games (375BC - 800AD) can be found here. Analysis here.
Fourth round games (800AD - 1300AD) can be found here. Analysis here.
Fifth round games (1300AD -1650AD) can be found here.
Final round games (1650AD - end) can be found here.

Reserved for GreyFox: ... as I have been the, er, "experienced" OCC'er, I am giving everyone a headstart and will pick the leader last. :smug: :cooool:

EDIT: since everyone has picked, its my turn. I will picked the elegant queen -- elizabeth.

Reserved for future (mis-)adventures of Bismy - Ich bin ein Berliner, worldwide OCC star, who's going to have a very hard time with me :blush:

:confused: Erste Teil - 'The Modest Beginnings or Where the hell I got this hat???' : 4000 BC - 2000BC
:eek: Zweite Teil - 'WTF? Gambling THAT big???' : 2000BC - 0375BC
:mad: Dreie Teil - 'Agression ? On the weak single-city Civ, it's such a shame.' : 0375BC - 0800AD
:D Vierde Teil - 'Gunnies' : 0800AD - 1400AD
:trouble: Fünfte Teil - 'Head-bonging neighbours' : 1400AD - 1700AD

Edit:
To all the people that $uck on OCC (or have not yet tried it), beyond the bad-jokes Fox series there is a nice link in the strategy articles forum:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=244487

As Uncle Joe has gone already, give me Boudica the Essex girl. Any chance we could take a small size map as there's a lot of land in the suggest maps?

@pawelo - I look forward to the adventures of Bismarck the jam doughnut!

Let's get going: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6205897&postcount=63

Let's get building: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6222303&postcount=94

Let's keep building: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6247905&postcount=144

Let's keep building: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6290186&postcount=206

Let's get killing: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6299259&postcount=230

Let's get this over with:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6307750&postcount=267

i think i'll go with Tokugawa.... Samurai! Samurai! Samurai!

oh and i think inland sea, but epic or normal would be fine.

I'd like to pump for Inland sea - rather like that map type myself.

And this is reserved for the grand tales of Peter the Russian!

Cossak stompings will follow.

Edit: Thanks for that link Mr Pawelo - hopefully it'll help... I like the idea of OCCs, but mine have been a mixed bag and never attempted any deliberate warfare in them! :)

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

Reserved seat for the adventures of Quin shi Huang ( Bismark is taken :gripe: ( me -> :ar15: :run: <- pawelo ) :lol: ). wonder grabbing -> settled GP -> awesome prod -> smashing pumpkins with x- bows or rifles ( still undecided ) :devil:

I'm fine with any mapscript and would prefer Epic... but I'm fine with normal

P.S I'm not seeing how a spiffy culture graph would be useful here ( just putting salt in a wound :devil: )

Give me Gandhi please.

Normal Speed, Inland Sea.

EDIT: Make that Epic speed, since we're going for Conquest

Huayna Capac. Please :king:

Reserved for the adventures of huayna capac.

As for speed and map...

I say Epic and i like inland sea. I want a chance to be financial and near the water :)

First let's learn the spelling of the Quechua. it's Quechua. Remember. Quechua.

Spoiler My strategy :
MLG OCC Conquest Challenge

Victory: Conquest

Leader: Huayna Capac
Traits: Financial, Industrious
Civ: Inca
UU: Quechua (remember the spelling)
Starting techs: Agriculture, Mysticism

My national Wonders:

National Epic
Globe Theatre
Wall Street
Oxford University
West Point/ Heroic Epic/ Iron Works/Moai Statues(if water heavy start). Will decide later

My startegy:

Go for religion. I've read that having 1 shrine pays for your and your unit upkeep for the entire game. And i start with mysticism and will start working on stonehenge quickly, giving me a prophet early.

I'm planning on founding hinduism and Judaism, then go for oracle, which will help me keep up in tech.
My build order: Worker, Stonehenge, Quechua's forever.
Corporations: I'm going to found sids sushi and Mining Inc.

Spoiler for saves and reports :
Saves:
- starting save 4000 BC
- Save 2000 BC
- Save 375 BC
-
-
-

Reports:
- 2000 BC
- 375 BC
-