Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No Opinion.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Sarevok

Civ3 Scenario Creator
I have noticed something. Those who play console games tend to be much more obese than those who play PC games. I compare 2 of my freinds. One of them plays console's and is very obese while my PC freind is in very good health. I used to almost exclusively play console's and i almost go obese, then i switched to PC and i am now in very good health.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Not really. Does it matter if you're facing the TV or a monitor when you play a game?

The only difference, I guess, would be the addictiveness of PC or console games. If you find console games much more addicting, you'll probalby gain more weight playing them.

2 friends is hardly enough people to judge all of the US. Really i don't think it has any realation at all to obesity

Console, but that's just 'cause i'm biased and use a PC. ;)

people with good PC's tend to be richer, and in general richer people eat better and are more active, so they'll probably be in better shape.

Game consoles usually have multiplayer options which means you invite friends over. When you have friends over you order pizza, so everyone gets fat. PC games have multiplayer options but usually you don't want your friends hovering around your computer with pizza.

people with good PC's tend to be richer, and in general richer people eat better and are more active, so they'll probably be in better shape.

Maybe back in the days. But now PCs are so cheap (relatively speaking) that almost everyone can afford a relatively new model. Also rich people aren't fit.

i saw a poll on the news that said rich people tend to be less fat than poor people, due to a lack of fitness centers in the area and poor diet. plus, consoles cost like $150(i don't follow the prices, but it may have gotten lower or higher) and PCs still cost $900+ for a one that can play games well.

Originally posted by sims2789
Console, but that's just 'cause i'm biased and use a PC. ;)

PC Games, but that's just 'cause i'm biased and use a GCN. ;)

To tell the truth, I don't think either is "more obese" than the other, although consoles do generally have more "party" games which involve a lot of yelling and punching friends. :)

Originally posted by Azadre
I am skinnier than when I played games on the ol' Genesis.

Same! Too skinny in fact....:hmm:

It's obviously a conspiracy.

Originally posted by stratego
Game consoles usually have multiplayer options which means you invite friends over. When you have friends over you order pizza, so everyone gets fat. PC games have multiplayer options but usually you don't want your friends hovering around your computer with pizza.

You haven't been to LAN parties have you?

Myself, and my two brothers have never touched a console system. We're (or at least I am) in great condition.

I dont think so. In fact, saying PC games are more likely to be obese is a better generalization. As a whole, PC gamers are likely more "hardcore" and spent more time playing, which means less exercise.

Top Bottom