Civs that, upon discovery, become Target #1!

I had to DoW her in my current game just to protect all my allied City States.

If a CS is allied to you then it cannot be allied to Austria, and therefore she cannot marry them out of the game. Your CS were protected without the DOW. Venice, on the other hand, has no such limitation...

I must say that it is peculiar that the devs would introduce UA that degrades a core game element. I wish the base game made it easy to exclude opponents!

If a CS is allied to you then it cannot be allied to Austria, and therefore she cannot marry them out of the game. Your CS were protected without the DOW. Venice, on the other hand, has no such limitation...

I must say that it is peculiar that the devs would introduce UA that degrades a core game element. I wish the base game made it easy to exclude opponents!

She could buy her way past me and then flip them. Not sure what the turnaround time is, but since she flips them so fast once she gets rolling, I could not risk it.

Not sure what the turnaround time is, but since she flips them so fast once she gets rolling, I could not risk it.

Sure you could risk it. She need five continuous turns and you get notifications when you loose alliance status. It is not tricky to manage, but DOWing to preserve alliance status is a solid strategy no mater what civ you are fighting.

My most hated opponent is Korea. Their science is through the roof, and they're very good at (and fond of) turtling. My goodness do they ever love to spam turtle ships. Taking them out is always a high priority, especially if they start near me.

Hiawatha, because he puts cities everywhere if you don't contain him. Virtually every game I've played against the Iroquois, they spam cities on every available empty tile.

Agreed, the Iroqouis are one of the biggest pains in the game. The Hiawatha AI is just ridiculous. The Iroquois aren't even that good a civ, but in AI hands they're usually among the top players in the world, because the AI cheats and can just build an unlimited number of cities, and boy does Hiawatha like to build cities... I've seen them with 30+ cities before!

Agreed, the Iroqouis are one of the biggest pains in the game. The Hiawatha AI is just ridiculous. The Iroquois aren't even that good a civ, but in AI hands they're usually among the top players in the world, because the AI cheats and can just build an unlimited number of cities, and boy does Hiawatha like to build cities... I've seen them with 30+ cities before!

Yeah, Hiawatha does tend to be a powerhouse, but he tends to be a *friendly* powerhouse. It's usually pretty easy to make friends with him use him as an ATM by selling excess luxes & strategic resources.

IMO, that's well worth tolerating his ever-increasing horde of crappy cities that he puts all over the place.

Top Bottom