Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

classical_hero

In whom I trust
Frm what I have been told it is now the 60th Turn, so It means that I am now in charge of our destiny because I will have direct contact most teams and thus they will either like me or hate me and by extention the team, so wish me luck since I will need it. Also all this info is shamelessly copied from the previous thread. I hope he does not mind.

We must spread the word of free love!

Intelligance

Batrachos (BAT)
Leader - Huyana Capac (Inca) - (Aggressive and Financial)

Contact - dgciv4 AT civfr DOT com

Previous Reputation
BAT is a French Civ site. In round one of the CivIII ISDG, they were chosen over GWT by the big dogs in the game to take to round two. GWT complained that BAT was a bad ally. If we meet them early on, an alliance seems possible.

Current Reputation
They are very willing to be cooperative at this point. Current plans are to exchange Alpha with IW with us working on the lower tech tree.

Additional Notes
BAT upto 3000 BC
Scout (free from hut)
2 Quechua (1 free at start)
Workboat

Evolution Games (EVG)
Leader - Mansa Musa (Mali) - (Spiritual and Financial)

Previous Reputation
EVG is the site where the UN is hosted at. They have a small team, including Strider, a common CFCer, and MRex who was our contact in the CivIII MSDG. I forgot the team, but we had a very successful alliance. I imagine them being completely honorable allies should we form an alliance with them. Strider also angers easy.

Current Reputation
In contact with COG

Civilization Brazil (CBR)
Leader - Montezuma (Aggressive and Spiritual)

Known Member List
None at this time

Previous Reputation
CBR is the treacherous Brazilian team. Guilty of having a president spy on CFC's team. Strong amount of caution is urged when interacting with them.

Current Reputation
Right now they are stand offish to COG.

Additional notes
Due to projected map locations it may be possible that they are in cahoots with GCA.

German Webring Team (GWT)
Leader - Qin (China) - (Industrious and Financial)

Previous Reputation
Winners of the Multi-Site Demogame (MSDG - The PTW ISDG), and are quite excellent players, at least with Civ III. They also keep their word. Another excellent candidate for an ally.

Additional Notes
GWT upto 2720 BC
4 warriors (1 free at start)
Worker

Civilized Online Gaming Community (COG)
Leader
Frederick (Germany)

Previous Reputation
New to ISDG - No Reputation

Current Reputation
Recent turn of events show they are willing to peruse alliance.

Additional Notes
I suggest investigating a "perminent" BAT-CFC-COG alliance after assessing how well they play. They are about ready to build their second city.
Warrior
3 Scout (free at start)
Archer
Settler

Gamecatcher Alliance (GCA)
Yellow Destiny
Leader - Kublai Khan (Mongolia) - (Aggressive and Creative)

Current Member List
None at this time

Previous Repuation
Invade early in both CivIII MSDG and ISDG. They'd love to humiliate either ACS, CDZ, CFC, or CGN, and ACS, CDZ, and CGN aren't in their game. If we start near them, their aggressive, gambling nature guarantees an attack, which means we'll need a military.

Current Reputation
After inital contact there have been no further communication.

Additional Notes
I suggest preparation for defensive and offensive action with this team.
3 Scout (1 free at start)
Warrior (free from hut)
Worker

Summery
The last three teams move on to the finals, which means we need two good allies. At this time an alliance with BAT is most likely. COG can be another candidate but we should keep our eyes on them. GCA is very worrisome at the moment. I would like intel on the location of their cities. Actually, I would like intel on the location of all their cities and possible offensive and defensive actions.

Relationship Chart
Outdated at the moment.

Also any help will be greatly appreciated in getting me up to date on all the diplomacy goings on. Also do not forget that ATM, I do not have a computer for [civ4] so I will need extra help. Thanks for the help and allowing me to run your destiny.

Maybe add to BAT that they are taking ages to research Alphabet, and that we are starting to get upset with them.

COG-EVO-CFC would be my personal preference for an alliance. BAT don't seem to have the ability to be much of a help to us, and if anything, a hinderence. Generally, when you aim for Alpha early, you dont waste much, if any, time researching worker techs, or anything else. You go straight for it and trade around to get all you want/need. BAT have played this part of the game very poorly up to now. Hell, they dont even have Writing.

Can't we just drop the "previous reputation bit" Those games were years ago and few of the players responsable for those reputations are still playing.

Can't we just drop the "previous reputation bit" Those games were years ago and few of the players responsable for those reputations are still playing.

I agree to an extent. We should remember what some teams have done in the past, but we definately shouldn't let it affect our decisions as much as it does for some people.

Well past peformances to play a part in this game because we cannot just forget about what happened in the past. They are there just for a guide to show what they can be like, but we also must remember that each game is a new game and thus things will be differently and each team wants to win this, so we must be wary in this fact and know that any team might want to have us eliminated.

I would say that the cfc main page is very usefull for you CH if you dont have the game. Thats if you dont already know but it has all the relevant details (tech costs etc) if you need them quickly in a real time chat.

Dear croxis, dear Thunderfalls!
Our brave warrior Polly just encountered the borders of your city "Fever
River". We want to take this occasion to say "hello" and asking for the
best way proceed to the east.

With best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen
How shall we reply to this?

Dear bratscher

build a boat :)
Love CH

Seriously...do we gvie them OB or do we just say nothing to see move along.

Thats quite, umm, creative :p ;)

Ask them who they've met and thus we'll be able to tell them where to go to find new folk :)

seeeeee clever :D

Ask them who they've met and thus we'll be able to tell them where to go to find new folk :)

seeeeee clever :D

We have a winner...:)

So here is the chat that I had with Lucky. I will edit out the useless bits.
[09:20] Lucky: we met almost all teams I think
[09:21] Lucky: and you?
[09:22] classical_hero: From what I can tell we have met BAT, GWT, and your team.
[09:22] classical_hero: And COG
[09:22] Lucky: those we are missing
[09:22] Lucky: so it seems they are beyond your territory
[09:23] classical_hero: And the other teams are on your side of the border.
[09:24] Lucky: not really, EVG is just beyond BAT and GWT as well
[09:25] classical_hero: Sweet.
[09:25] Lucky: they might come into your direction soon
[09:27] Lucky: or at least, their scout will sooner or later wind up on the other side of the world of them .... that is where we are
[09:27] classical_hero: It is amazing how many land bridges are on this map. It certainly makes for good scouting areas and blocking capabilities.
[09:27] Lucky: yeah ... it seems that this map was made specifically for landbridge challenges
[09:28] Lucky: will be interesting to see how expansion and ultimately wars will work out there
[09:29] classical_hero: Soon we will be able to see where the true allainces will turn out to be and what people will do when they get betrayed, which from previous experience teaches that it will happen.
[09:30] Lucky: yep ... we hope to not be on the short end of the stick again ... would be more interesting to see the other side of once ;)
[09:31] Lucky: that is why we are trying to find common grounds and ways of cooperation with all teams
[09:39] classical_hero: What are you guys researching right now?
[09:41] Lucky: we should be in a position to exchange technologies in the somewhat near future
[09:41] classical_hero: But to do that we need to get Alphabet, so are nearing getting that?
[09:42] Lucky: that is also why I personally tied to reestablish communication ... so that effective cooperation in this field will be possible
[09:42] Lucky: *tried
[09:42] classical_hero: Of course we can start on working for deals right away and they can be done once someone get Alpha
[09:43] classical_hero: Well we are working towards getting Alpha.
[09:43] Lucky: hmm, meaning you started the tech itself?
[09:44] classical_hero: Not yet, but we are on that path, we are researching writing.
[09:44] Lucky: ah, thought so
[09:45] Lucky: then we are quite ahead of you in this endeavor
[09:46] classical_hero: Well our diplo has not been that good, because our former foriegn minister was very busy with his studies, and plus we are having problems connecting with BAT, because we get our email bouncing back
[09:46] Lucky: yeah ... I get that sometimes, too when trying to send the save
[09:47] classical_hero: It is quite frustrating when trying to get some diplo going with them
[09:49] Lucky: then we would like to propose a technological cooperation, even if it seems that our research has been quite similar so far
[09:49] classical_hero: That would be good and also how does an Ob sound to you and your team?
[09:50] Lucky: Ob
[09:50] Lucky: ?
[09:50] classical_hero: Open Boarders. This will be good for trade between each team.
[09:51] Lucky: yes, we will discuss this possibility
[09:51] Lucky: another thing we would like to propose is a kind of border treaty
[09:52] classical_hero: Like what treaty do you have in mind?
[09:52] Lucky: something like that no (military) unit may enter the landbridge that connects our territories (without permission)
[09:52] Lucky: or such
[09:53] classical_hero: Yeah that sounds good. Because wha point is haveing open borders if someone is going to violate that deatl?
[09:53] Lucky: scouts and a forward lookout such as our 2 warriors are now would be excempt
[09:54] classical_hero: I would say that we limit it so one unit that is allowed into each others territory, with permission.
[09:54] Lucky: hmm ... that does not look right ... "exempt" I think
[09:54] Lucky: details can be worked out of course
[09:55] classical_hero: Yeah just one unit allowed
[09:55] classical_hero: of course
[09:58] Lucky: ok, why don't we put these things forward to our teams and let them discuss it
[09:58] classical_hero: We will then need to discussion on what our next technology picture will be like. Thanks for this chat.
[10:00] Lucky: we believe we have a very similar picture, things like writing, BW, wheel, husbandry, archery or such, while lacking in religious technology
[10:01] classical_hero: We have Iron working
[10:01] Lucky: so yes ... possible exchange technologies will be interesting
[10:02] Lucky: also ... we will favor an exchange system of equal value
[10:02] Lucky: meaning something like beaker for beaker (more or less)
[10:02] classical_hero: Trading as equals sounds good.
[10:03] classical_hero: I will send this to the rest of my team for a discussion. CYA
Tha main part of the chat it the provision of Open boarders and the fact that only one unit is aloowed to be in each others territories. And that we trade techs as equals. How does this sound?

I see no need for the 'only 1 unit in territory' since if you try a Civ 3 style RoP rape in Civ 4 all your units get kicked out of the enemy territory before you can attack them.

That was just a number I came up for discussion about the possiblity of open boarders. The whole point was that we need to get permission before we enter either territory out of good will.

This just came in from GWT.
Dear thunderfalls!

You know the capital of the nation BAT, don't you? From there Polly went
to the north, then to the south-east where he hit the north-western
borders of "Fever River". Now he is just at the north of your city and
wants to know the best way to the east.

And, by the way, nice to meet you, classical_hero!
How shall we treat them? Shall we say to them that they should leave or tell them to go NE?

May as well tell them what is north east they will find out anyways, but GCA's borders are blocking the path.

I forwarded our message of last week to BAT's busted email address again.

Also we need to propose a border agreement to GCA. "We will not expand beyond such and such tile." They also proposed a non-agression pact, but I think we should just drop that for now.

Top Bottom