War With GCA

Yes but it would be a more immediate target giving us no time to consolidate etc as they would have a bunch of troops right on our border.

so that means we need to check out their strength right now, so we can build up and take them out without too much of a stir...correct?

let others do something....I think we would only need to kill one team if the others pull their weight.

After all this discussion I am glad I mentioned this possible attack.

true, but if this social darwinism does not play out well, we could be the ones polished off

A Bismark-esque quick, controlled war looks to be our best option right now.

From experience, ive been with all isdg's so far, i can tell that GCA cannot be trusted.They will try to beat us if the get stronger than us.GCA and CFC have a history of hostilety noone on either side is going to trust the other until one is of the map.

However, before we attack we must atleast diplomaticly try to isolate them.GCA is not a weak team and their position of strenght might might get them certain allies.

Afcourse i havn't read much yet of what is going on.All i can say is that i don't trust GCA at all, and if they border us we must make prepperations to strike at the optimal time.ill leave it to the more experienced millitary men here to work out the best strategy.

Apart from this, it would be very good if we could expose something treacherous abot GCA, something that makes other teamss rally against them.

Its fairly difficult to do that with under 100 turns of the game played- they cant have done anything wrong yet :) i think the attack should work fairly well we have a scouting warrior in their borders right now anyways.

I don't think forging something would go over so well, if it was exposed we'd get hammered.

A better idea that would be closer to the Ems telegraph would be just to find something they send us that is insulting or controversial and (WITHOUT EDITING IT) expose it.

The problem would be timing and whether or not it would give away our attack too early.

That goes against the ethics of the game. IF someone does this we could be removed from the game. We should end this discussion right now.

why would we be removed from the game? i disagree with the idea but we wouldnt be removed from the game

we took a pledge to play ethically... Sure we might not be removed but why chance it??

we took a pledge to play ethically... Sure we might not be removed but why chance it??

Why is it unethical? Ok im not saying its that good an idea, it would certainly be bold. But i thought we ment by playing ethical that we would not spy on eachother and use game breaking methods.

As to the risk, it depends on the intricacy's of the plan.All i proposed was trying to find a method to rally others against GCA.And its just thinking out load, i do not make the decissions here.Someone made the remark Bismark-esque, i was just thinking back to that time that Bismarck managed to unite all germans against a comman enemy that he made by strategicly sending a letter.

that was in reference to creating Dl's just to view the other team forums- spreading disinformation is not unethical its just a bad idea.

Yeah, we'd get hammered by pretty much everyone if we were exposed

and it is unethical, just not in the game sense, rather the personal, RL sense. If we get something from them that can be used against them, I say go ahead, but I don't agree with dishonestly creating something fake.

I guess we should move discussion of the attack back here.

Remember, if a city isn't well defended, we can always assault them amphibiously.

Right now our attack force consists of 3 axes and a galley. The two options i presented in the president thread are these.

Option A
35 hammers left on galley
35*3 axes= 105
140 hammers needed still
15 hammers produced each turn
10 turns all initial military builds will be completed. + 4 turns movement= 14 turns until war.

Option B
Another galley and 2 axes will be another 120 hammers adding on another 8 turns, though we could take one of the axes from city victory. Thus builds for war would be completed in 15 turns +4 turns movement= 19 turns till decleration of war.

Im really not sure what i prefer tbh, if GCA can get horseback riding then it'd help to wait that little bit longer just so we can substitute a spear for an axe.

My plan of attack is to land the galleys outside GCA's capital (2 turns from attacking) and then raze the capital to the ground, effectivly knocking them out of the game. then depending what we have left go south and knock out 'the hawk yada yada' city allowing our sets of axes to meet up.

Anyone any better/different ideas?

Top Bottom