Scout Bazookas

I would think you would have to cheat somehow. First I cannot find any decent documentation on Mobility for land units as to what the requirements are, but clearly it has to be after many other promotions. How do you do all that AND then run over a random ruin and get promoted to an archer???

Scouts do not get the same promotions as archers. Scouting and Survivalism are their equivalent of Barrage and Accuracy. Scouting 3 gives +1 Movement, but since you can only get 30 XP from barbarians, you'll need to do some actual combat with the scout to get them past Scouting 2. If you can somehow get one to Scouting 3, there's usually several little islands with ruins on them that the AI ignores on Pangaea/Continents, there's an entire New World filled with ruins on Terra and there's Australia on Earth maps. Obviously it's unlikely that you'll be able to do all of this unless you're planning your wars around it and not guaranteed even if you do, but it's definitely possible.

There should be an achievement for all the work that would take. Doing all that and not getting an upgrade ruin could make it a total waste of time. I actually protected a ruin and got a scout up to Scouting 2, but it gave me a citizen instead of the upgrade it had given my warrior the first time I took it. The ruins 'seem' to have a preordained order sometimes and others not on reload. Still have not figured that out.

From my experimenting, ruins results are randomized each turn. So if you are China with Scouting 2 and a protected ruin -- just wait a turn and try again.

From my experimenting, ruins results are randomized each turn. So if you are China with Scouting 2 and a protected ruin -- just wait a turn and try again.

It depends on whether you have Preserve Random Seed checked or not.

A promotion for ranged that gives +1 movement DOES exists, it's called mobility and needs 3 in open terrain and 3 in rough terrain

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570I con Tapatalk 2

A promotion for ranged that gives +1 movement DOES exists, it's called mobility and needs 3 in open terrain and 3 in rough terrain
Mobility is only available to mounted/armoured units with Shock/Drill 3 and naval units with Targeting/Bombardment 1. The only way a land ranged unit could get this is if it was something like a Camel Archer/Keshik upgraded from a Level 5 Horseman. No promotion requires both Accuracy 3 and Barrage 3.

Source: Unit Promotions XML file

It is possible (playing as China) with Scouting 3 and Logistics. Obviously unlikely to happen though.
I have actually done this, and my Chokonu was only able to shoot 2 times even though I had 3 movement. The Logistics promotion did not add a 3rd shot. It was still a very nice unit what with the extra visibility, +1 range, and ignoring terrain penalties. It seems like the Chokonu should come with the Logistics promotion if the bonuses don't stack though.

Top Bottom