Would you buy a third expansion pack?

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I doubt it's coming, for one, because Civ 5 is 5 years old now, and most base games apart from I think II, had two expansion pack each.

However.

Civ 5 is suprisingly popular.

Between 30-50k people continue to play at any given time, that is huge. In Steam statistics it's one of the top 10 or so games. (mayb enot number 1, but still)

Civ 5, despite it's flaws is quite a good game, and, I remeber making a thread long time ago asking if people wanted Civ 6 and were ready to move on and I remember the answer being a very loud NO.

So.. would you buy a thrid expansion pack if Firaxis surprised us with one?

I still can think of things the game could improve upon (won't name them so this thread doesn't get moved to Ideas & Suggestions).

I personally would probably cash out. Beyond Earth flopped and we know it, I don't think even Rising Tides can help.

And I think Firaxis would profit from quite a bit if they polished the game.

I personally would rather like to see Beyond Earth take over. Even with all its flaws, I prefer the premise it's built on (more cities, less limited expansion and expansion locations) a lot more. If Firaxis manages to get it on BNW-level over time... damn, I'll be such a happy person.

If Civ 5 got a new Expansion though... well, that would depend on the kind of content. If the enormous focus on tall empires was suddenly changed or if they added some new, awesome mechanics, yeah. Either way, would probably give it a try, but not sure about the long-term motivation.

Yes, I would buy another expansion pack. Unfortunately it isn't going to happen. They will try and salvage their reputation on BE with (my guess) one expansion, then the focus will be Civ 6.

It would be confusing to make an expansion at this point rather than a Civilization VI. However, I would only buy a third expansion depending on what comes with the expansion, this question can't really be answered because we don't know what the expansion would give us.

Me buying a third expansion? It depends on what it brings.

I personally would rather than move on to a Civilization VI so I can be one of the first to protest for an actual decent MultiPlayer. :D

I think at the moment a 3rd expansion might be more realistic than a soon release of Civ6. If the new features (more civs, buildings, techs, resources) and rule changes are ok, I would buy it ... I hope they improve the engine to support bigger maps (e.g. include a TSL Giant Earth 180x360 scenario with maybe up to 100 civs) and improve realism/historical play a bit.

However at the moment I would be less interested in an expansion which would act as a "Missing Link" between Civ5BNW and CivBE ... I liked the environmental and other revolutionary features of Alpha Centauri but so far I did not buy/play CivBE ...

I would be very interested in bying a new exp, assuming ofc that it has enough content in it. One of the things I love about 4x games and grand strategy games (EU series etc) is the fact that graphics usually never matter. Sure, I don't want to look at an extremely ugly game but at the same time I really don't mind if the graphics don't upgrade from where they are currently at in Civ 5.

I think I'd rather like to see Firaxis perfect Civ 5 via new content than than seeing them develop Civ 6. If that game turns out to be just as bad as Civ 5 was on launch, why would I switch to it?

Only if it included a great deal of AI and performance optimization.

Depends, if Civ 6 would be planned for next year it is better that they would focus only on that. But if it will be in 2017, then an exp. pack with most importanly, as Nares mentions, AI and performance optimization together with better diplomacy could be interesting.

Without a doubt I would buy it, provided it's historical and not science fiction. BNW is the best version of the game to date IMHO and although BE is not interesting to me and many people have said that it's too easy or not nuanced enough, I hold out some hope that the reason Firaxis have not fixed all the bugs in BNW is because they are working on Civ 6.

I would buy it, but at the same time I don't think it would be a good idea - there's only so far you can take any given incarnation of the game before it starts to sink between the weight of new mechanics. In some way that's already happened with Civ V - while BNW adds enough that the game as a whole is better with BNW than without, there are certainly respects (including wide vs. tall, AI diplomacy and levels of AI aggression) in which the game hit its peak in G&K.

Yes I would but I hope they don't make another xpac. It is good enough now. Time to move on.

Wont happen but would buy mosdef.

Still having hopes for BE to add more turn to turn depth over rising tide and a very likely second expansion. Then civ vi pleeeeease.

I could say, "depends on the content", etc. But really, the answer is:

Almost certainly.

Doesn't even need to be a full expansion, I'd pay the $3 or $4 every now and then for those Civilization packs they had around launch like Babylon, Spain, etc. Even a handful of new official civs would be cool. Don't think maps are needed after the scrambled ones .

1000 times yes!, But I'll take a Civ VI as well :)

Thought I loved BE, but after playing it for a while, I realized I hated it, definitely not buying Rising Tides...

Iroquois's UB is worse than having no uniquity. Meanwhile, Poland is god mode on crack. I think correcting things like this disparity would be worth more than another expansion.

Moot point though. "Complete Edition" kind of indicates it's over.

But to answer the question, probably. Not just because it's an xpac for Civ 5, but because the Civ 5 community would mostly move to that as the de facto standard in terms of mods and such.

Top Bottom