Barbarian spawning

NiceOneEmlyn

Chieftain
It's a limitation only at the moment of spawning. If there are 2 Barbarians within a range of 4 tiles of an encampment, that encampment will not spawn another Barbarian. EDIT - A guy called LeeS was kind enough to donate this info.

The above is an answer to a question that I asked in a thread that I started earlier this year. Alas, the thread was closed by the moderators giving no chance of an expansion of deliberation on the subject!
Moderator Action: This is Public Discussion of a Moderator Action. If you have an issue with something a moderator does, please send a private message to the moderator who performed the action or one of the moderators listed as being assigned to the forum the action happened in.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

My next question would have been this; If on the turn that the camp would have spawned but couldn't because of the above ruling, would it then spawn on the very next turn if the circumstances had changed? The other possibility I can only assume would be a spawn at the end of the next barbarian spawn cycle which obviously has a big variation according to what speed we are playing (Quick - Marathon).

I ask this question because in the attempt to become as perfect as attainable regarding Civ5 it is important to understand even the most menial of circumstances!

Thanks in advance.

The above is an answer to a question that I asked in a thread that I started earlier this year.

I remember that Barbarians per camp was an interesting thread.

My next question would have been this; If on the turn that the camp would have spawned but couldn't because of the above ruling, would it then spawn on the very next turn if the circumstances had changed?

I don’t have the proof-by-code, but from my experience, I can confidently say that, yes the camp will spawn a barb on the very next turn it can (so long as the crowding rule is not violated).

I have changed my camp-hunting habits because of this. Usually I am barb hunting with only a couple units, so having to deal with three barbs at a time is a challenge. I used to kill the most convenient off-camp barb -- but that just caused another barb to spawn, making the situation worse! So now when I come across this, I concentrate on killing the camp and then retreating. (This assumes that farming the spot is not a good option.)

I remember that Barbarians per camp was an interesting thread.

I don’t have the proof-by-code, but from my experience, I can confidently say that, yes the camp will spawn a barb on the very next turn it can (so long as the crowding rule is not violated).

I have changed my camp-hunting habits because of this. Usually I am barb hunting with only a couple units, so having to deal with three barbs at a time is a challenge. I used to kill the most convenient off-camp barb -- but that just caused another barb to spawn, making the situation worse! So now when I come across this, I concentrate on killing the camp and then retreating. (This assumes that farming the spot is not a good option.)

In bold is exactly the same conclusion that I have come to, it would seem that a barbarian spawn is held in reserve until the conditions are right! Thanks for your input, it would seem that we are both taking the same course of action despite the fact that we are unaware of the correct coding!

Top Bottom