Moving Civ to new PC

Poczwar

Chieftain
I have saved game that is using mods and i would like to continue on next pc.Does steam will remeber mods on my account or i have to download them again ?

When I installed Civ on my new PC, I was actually (happily) surprised that it remembered my mods. When it comes to saves, you either must move the file yourself or use the cloud system.

There are differences between subscribed, installed and activated mods.

If You used only mods from the Steam Workshop (subscription) and all mods were activated, it is easy since Steam should automatically install all subscribed mods on your new PC. Maybe you will have to activate them.

If you use mods from other sources, you will have to install them manually.

If your savegame used only a selection of activated mods, you should make a list which mods were used and activate only those mods on your new PC before loading the savegame.

I install and save my Mods manually. I don`t use Steam. I simply save my Mods to disc or usb then install them once Civ is installed on the new pc.

Far less hassle than that Steam crap.

I install and save my Mods manually. I don`t use Steam. I simply save my Mods to disc or usb then install them once Civ is installed on the new pc.

Far less hassle than that Steam crap.

Steam isn't bad.

If you subscribed through workshop it will always remember which mods you subscribed and download all the latest version of those mods, mostly because the subscription is tied more to your Steam account than the game itself.

Top Bottom