Quick Questions and Answers

I know but maybe when someone first convert your cities you keep your pantheon for some time
I find that you can extend if you don't let them bomb you with missionaries and prophets but you lose it fairly quickly anyway as it doesn't generate any pressure, and just having your other cities with other religions generates enough pressure for it to implode, let alone any trade routes or outside pressure from neighbouring cities.

However, delaying the conversion was enough to get to the point where whatever benefits I got from it were not that much in comparison to say allying to a city state (and it was feasible to do so money wise) and so didn't much matter at that point if I got converted or not.

I have a question about tile improvements. I've searched the web but the answers weren't satisfying.

What do you guys do with tiles that are not improved yet. Flat land, not river and no resource. Do you still improve it, just because the worker would be out of work?
When I watch streams/recording of CiV players like quill18 I get the impression that they spare those tiles. I used to improve every (workable) tile.

If the worker would otherwise be truly idle, improve the tiles -- there's no maintenance cost. However, I rarely find workers have nothing to do, so the question seems a bit artificial to me.

Hmm... OK. That's interesting. Mine are very often out of work, especially when I'm focussing on science rather than domination. ^^ I guess I should chance the game pace from standard to epic, perhaps that'll change things a bit.

I never play on epic. If you are focused on science, you should be growing your cities like mad, meaning you should have a voracious need for improved tiles for your citizens to work. If your workers are out of near-term work to do (i.e., you already have a large surplus of improved tiles in every city and all you want or need in terms of roads), you probably have too many workers and may want to delete some -- you're paying unit maintenance cost.

May I ask which is the first policy you all start with for different victory types like
Cultural
Domination
Science
Diplomatic

May I ask which is the first policy you all start with for different victory types like
Cultural
Domination
Science
Diplomatic

cultural: tradition (mix liberty and piety if i use sacred sites)
science: always tradition
diplomatic: usually tradition but sometimes liberty
domination:sometimes liberty but usually honor

cultural: tradition (mix liberty and piety if i use sacred sites)
science: always tradition
diplomatic: usually tradition but sometimes liberty
domination:sometimes liberty but usually honor

So does this always help you in Winning games. Can you please tell me the order too for all the policies. Thanks.

Is there any guide /thread for Easy cultural victory on CFC. If yes pls someone send me a link to it. The thread should be easy to understand. Thanks.

I know about that. I want to autocycle units, but I don't want the view to center on the unit. In another words "selecting unit does not center the screen". Is there any mod for this?

How would you now what you have selected ? You'd have to click the portrait to center the view so adding an extra click to find your units waiting orders.

If you deactivate auto cycling youre basically getting almost getting the same thing... The camera doesn't jerk around which I guess is why you want this and if you want to cycle through units you have to push an extra button each time too.

I personally deactivate cycling when I have a lot of units to move.

So does this always help you in Winning games. Can you please tell me the order too for all the policies.

Cultural: tradition-->aesthetic-->freedom.......
Science: tradition-->patronage till the +25% science from city states-->rationalism-->freedom/order
Diplo:tradition/liberty-->patronage-->commerce opener-->depends about ideology
Domination:liberty/honor-->commerce-->autocracy

note that for cultural there are different strategies based either on conquest or sacred sites(liberty/piety) so that's the "normal" one and there are different strategies for each victory type but i think these are the more "classical"

Cultural should be full Tradition into aesthetic opener into rationalism until ideology, at which point you pick 3 from freedom. That's assuming you're going for Internet based strategy without conquest.

Science: I personally do not like the patronage for science unless going for OCC or only 3 cities or less. I rather get commerce for mercantalism in that case which synergize with freedom based SV.

Diplo. You don't need full patronage for diplo, only opener is needed, although the increased influence from gold is good pick, the other are garbage. Order is usually the good ideology for diplo, in part because AI likes to pick it, and also it gives short term science boost quickly. Freedom is also doable for the trade routes, but it takes long time to get set up. Autocracy is not recommended unless playing low difficulty.

Domination: full liberty into honor is also possible, but more typical commerce for 2nd tree.

Top Bottom