Bug reports and technical issues

Does anyone else have this problem? I can't replicate it here, but maybe that's because something's missing in the SVN repository, although I can't figure out what.

I've got the same problem--save file below.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Medieval Age Turn 208.CivBeyondSwordSave
    257.7 KB · Views: 49
Is a duplicate text in Version 1.8 history.txt could be counted as bug reports and technical issues?
I see that you write about the new England LH again in 205 ;)

Just tried a game with Ethiopia. Had the 3 Incense in 600 AD, got the golden age, but the victory screen says "failed" :(

Spoiler :

btw, I founded a city on the incense N of Mekka, and the Arabian stack appeared in Sana'a.

Edit: After playing a few more turns, the Arabs don't found Islam (but have it in their cities). They spawn was somehow messed up I guess. Save is attached.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 278
Is a duplicate text in Version 1.8 history.txt could be counted as bug reports and technical issues?
I see that you write about the new England LH again in 205 ;)
Thanks, removed the duplicate entry.

Just tried a game with Ethiopia. Had the 3 Incense in 600 AD, got the golden age, but the victory screen says "failed" :(
Yeah, the goal failed whenever you passed the deadline, whether you already won it or not. Will be fixed in the next revision.

btw, I founded a city on the incense N of Mekka, and the Arabian stack appeared in Sana'a.

Edit: After playing a few more turns, the Arabs don't found Islam (but have it in their cities). They spawn was somehow messed up I guess. Save is attached.
Usually your city should've been deleted, sometimes Rhye's spawning code messes up somehow. And afaik the Arabs only found Islam when they found Mecca exactly on the spot where it's supposed to be.

Well I for one am still experiencing crashing even with the latest SVN whenever England makes contact with me. Tested seven times with seperate Spain games and two Russian ones. Definately since Alfred 2.0 came about.

Checked out the game on another computer and discovered the problem, there was still something wrong in the repository. Should work now.

Late game companies (the last 4) still cannot spread properly, because of line 252 of Companies.py:

iValue *= (4 - len(lOtherCompanies)) / 4

In Python integer division are always rounded towards negative infinity (in other words, 'floored'). So even if len(lOtherCompanies) = 1, we will still have iValue = 0, since (4 - len(lOtherCompanies)) / 4 = 3/4 = 0.

This is why no more than 1 of the late game companies can spread. I spent 5 hours suffering through an American game before I realized the problem.

And you know what? Apparently changing Python files in the middle of a game screws up your saves, so that whenever you load a save all your interface are missing - you can see your game but not play it. Changing the Python file back does NOT solve the problem.

Have to un-install. :mad:

Ah, thanks, the old flooring issue. That's easily solvable by performing the operation in two steps.

And it should be completely possible to change Python during the game. It rather seems you've made a syntax error that caused an exception which prohibited the interface from loading (sneaking in one letter somewhere in the file by accident is enough). Make sure to enable Python exception display so you'll get told about this.

The Seljuks just flipped three of my Core tiles which I used to have cultural dominance over. Interestingly enough, a few decennia before the Persians had less culture in those tiles than I had.
Shouldn't Core area tiles stay in the Core civilization's hands?

I have also noted that as the player, you require 50% or more culture in one of your core tiles to flip it, while only 20 % is enough for the AI to hold it. Is this intended?

It's 20% no matter if human or AI. However, it doesn't work on a core basis, but the stability values of a tile, which may be the reason here. The Seljuks are that intrusive because they run a version of the Turkish UP to allow them to spread without getting cramped in by old culture.

Ah, I had no clue there was something as 'stability values'. Thanks for clearing that out.
I already realized the Seljuks had the UP of the Ottomans and Arabians after seeing them conquer Persia twice :) Nice idea you had there.

Stability values are the same as settler map values and decide which tiles count as historical (the threshold for the tile flip is different, though).

@Leoreth
It seems a bug in the newest SVN.I choose England,and when I complete trading company,I choose draft units to conquer India,but there are no English units appearing in India any more.
I have discovered rifling that time,and the tip also appeared.

I got the newest SVN, whenever I start a game I get a black screen an it says I lost the game....

I have fixed the crash on start issue. Please update your SVN.

@Leoreth
It seems a bug in the newest SVN.I choose England,and when I complete trading company,I choose draft units to conquer India,but there are no English units appearing in India any more.
I have discovered rifling that time,and the tip also appeared.
Do you still have an autosave from just before that? And do you have Python exceptions enabled?

I have fixed the crash on start issue. Please update your SVN.

Do you still have an autosave from just before that? And do you have Python exceptions enabled?

yes,I have a save,I will put it on later.
but what is "python exceptions enabled" mean?

Attachments

• doc1.8 england AD600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    936.3 KB · Views: 33
Thanks. Python exceptions enabled means that the game shows you an error message instead of crashing/stopping to work. For you, that means you're less in the dark if there was an error or not. For me, it helps detecting what happened.

See the first post of this thread for an explanation on how to enable them.

Top Bottom