Early Professional Army

Ponyhead

Chieftain
So I was bored and randomed an immortal game.... I started as Darius on some plains about 5-6 tiles from CS. Got a scout archer and declared war on the civ, then I rotated my 1st warrior and archer until i got a GG. I planted it so that my warrior (and later immortal) can just stand in it and take hits from 2 archer+city (9exp turn with Military tradition i think) until it the warrior got march+seige and the archer logistics+range, then after construction I would just double fire from 3 tiles the move to take capitals.. easy

took the 3th capital before I realized its a tiny map.
had about 4 GGs!

anyone tried this be4? or have a better version of the strat?

In a Zulu warmonger game I've used a same strategy like yours (and I will use it in the future, too). 'Farming' city states for easy xp is a great idea in longer games. Well, it will annoy Greece, but who cares.:)

Farming city states for XP is pretty cheap...

But if you want to do it, go ahead.

O not this again :rolleyes:

Yes, fun for you, you can do this, fun for you. If you have one of older Elder Scrolls games, you can Toggle Immortal Mode and you can never die and and and there is more ... well

I play the game as average Joe, more fun that way, no cheating, no exploits (I only fool myself).

I don't see why people are against using the AI to your advantage.

I've never thought of this before, and think this is an interesting strategy. The only problem is that you'd be spending a lot of time building units and not necessary infrastructure to protect yourself from any CS units that could appear and barb camps that are already a nuisance.

So there are people who constantly complain that the game is to easy and then we have people who constantly cheat and exploits. Wonder if those are the same people?

So there are people who constantly complain that the game is to easy and then we have people who constantly cheat and exploits. Wonder if those are the same people?

Often, yes.

See also the people who complain about how dumb the AI is and go on to cite as examples all the times they've been beaten by the AI. Because, you see, the AI beating me is a sign that it's so dumb that they had to let it cheat...

I am trying to figure out where the exploit is. I have been playing a lot of domination lately, I crank out 4 early archers and rotate them around my nearest neighbor and farm exp and workers from them. I start taking cities about T100 and just keep doing a steady push as fast as diplomacy lets me. It takes a lot of time, effort and risk to get your archers to range + logistics and they are basically irreplaceable once they get there.

See also the people who complain about how dumb the AI is and go on to cite as examples all the times they've been beaten by the AI. Because, you see, the AI beating me is a sign that it's so dumb that they had to let it cheat...

Oops, I guess I may come across as doing that, better be more careful in future posts! Although in fairness I think I've only posted about oddball AI military tactics not that the AI is too weak to beat me. However, you make a fair point.

Oops, I guess I may come across as doing that, better be more careful in future posts! Although in fairness I think I've only posted about oddball AI military tactics not that the AI is too weak to beat me. However, you make a fair point.

Eh, there's reasonable complaints and comments to make, especially when it comes to AI tactics, but the AI's strategy is often actually better than some people give it credit for.

Eh, there's reasonable complaints and comments to make, especially when it comes to AI tactics, but the AI's strategy is often actually better than some people give it credit for.

The main issue with the AI on harder difficulty settings is the AI is playing with cheat codes on. That isn't "fun" and it doesn't help players get any better except at the game because they cannot emulate what the AI is doing in order to learn from observation on how to get better. Instead it teaches them how to manipulate the AI. Often those are the players who just drop from a multi-player game because their tricks don't work.

Farming a city state, declaring war then peace again in order to take one over, stealing workers, fixing an enemy tile then pillaging it again; these are all things programmed into the game and whether you like it or not if you play multi-player one of your opponents is not going to care and will exploit these things.
Just like shift clicking during sim-turns. :mad:

Everyone has views on cheating or what they perceive to be cheating and I respect that; non of us are impressed by the steam high score table filled with 1 turn maxibillion point victories. Some players however want to finish in the fastest times possible or find an optimum strategy and I feel when people jump onto these threads discussing how "wrong" that playstyle is, it stifles such conversations.

Top Bottom