More Cities

Civitar

Adventurer
I'm making a small mod that will allow civs to found many cities with no penalty for the number of cities.
I'm just using one small bit of SQL code, which is the following:
Code:
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0 WHERE Name = 'UNHAPPINESS_PER_CITY'; [COLOR="Red"]--removes happiness penalty for founding new cities[/COLOR]
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 0.5 WHERE Name = 'UNHAPPINESS_PER_POPULATION'; [COLOR="Red"]--reduces unhappiness from large cities[/COLOR]
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 3 WHERE Name = 'UNHAPPINESS_PER_CAPTURED_CITY'; [COLOR="Red"]--reduces unhappiness from captured cities[/COLOR]
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'UNHAPPINESS_PER_OCCUPIED_POPULATION'; [COLOR="Red"]--reduces unhappiness from subjugated population[/COLOR]
UPDATE Units SET CaptureClass = 'UNITCLASS_SETTLER' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SETTLER'; [COLOR="Red"]--stops Settlers from being downgraded to Workers upon being captured[/COLOR]
UPDATE Worlds SET NumCitiesPolicyCostMod = 0; [COLOR="Red"]--removes boost to policy costs for each city founded[/COLOR]
UPDATE Worlds SET NumCitiesTechCostMod = 0; [COLOR="Red"]--removes boost to tech costs for each city founded[/COLOR]
The comments should explain what each line does.

My question is, is there anything else that needs to be modded to truly remove all penalties from large cities? Basically, what have I missed?
Also, how can I make Settlers less expensive (in the database they are set to have 0 Cost - then ingame they cost lots more than that) - i.e. where is the cost of building a Settler defined?
Finally, what text entries do I need to edit to reflect these changes? Probably some Civilopedia bits or UI text keys...
Thanks for any responses!

<Defines>
Code:
<!-- These not directly related to allowing huge cities/empires -->
BASE_POLICY_COST
POLICY_COST_INCREASE_TO_BE_EXPONENTED
POLICY_COST_EXPONENT
POLICY_COST_VISIBLE_DIVISOR

<!-- these affect ability of cities to grow huge -->
BASE_CITY_GROWTH_THRESHOLD
CITY_GROWTH_MULTIPLIER
CITY_GROWTH_EXPONENT

<Worlds>
Code:
NumCitiesUnhappinessPercent
<!-- original values as follows:
	DUEL=100
	TINY=100
	SMALL=100
	STANDARD=100
	LARGE=80
	HUGE=60
-->

I was never able to figure out how to adjust the cost of Settlers. Not sayin' it can't be done: sayin' I ran into the same :wallbash:

The first code block only affects how the cost of policies grows through the game, and how cities grow. No parts of it are affected by how many cities you have.
The second bit - with UNHAPPINESS_PER_CITY set to 0 won't those pretty much do nothing? 80% of 0 is 0, as is 100% of 0.

Top Bottom