Rhye's Catapult

OK, I just thought that here is the chance to think about a perhaps better system,
maybe we could tune one or two things :)

Rhye, I give 049 a quick look now!

For a combat system, I like the one Dale is developing Here, unfortunately its still in pre-beta-beta pretty much, but he has made significant progress. THe best part is his combat system will be increadibly easy to implement, as he modified a .dll file, I think. I haven't really looked at it because his last post seemed to say the current version (Beta1.5) was broken and useless.

Vishaing said:
For a combat system, I like the one Dale is developing Here, unfortunately its still in pre-beta-beta pretty much, but he has made significant progress. THe best part is his combat system will be increadibly easy to implement, as he modified a .dll file, I think. I haven't really looked at it because his last post seemed to say the current version (Beta1.5) was broken and useless.

Dale's combat mod seems to be very, very exciting! Huhh! :)

Also, in Dale's thread, Aussie Lurker has some ideas, here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4046555&postcount=69

Hey guys. :)

Heard my name mentioned. Yes, my combat mod will be easy to implement. It's a CvGameCoreDLL.dll mod, with an accompaning schema change for the new unit flags. The new unit flags allow you to custom place units within the formation EG: bombarding, ranged and flanking. These flags determine the placement of each unit in the formation (air and melee troops don't need a flag as they're pretty logical to work out).

Apart from those files there's nothing else affected. :)

Dale

I cannot check now, but doesn't Rhye uses the same named DLL file? :confused:

Well, and anyways, we have not yet made any decisions about Dale's mod, of course ;)

If needed, I can give Rhye the source.

Well it's a bit late now because there is already a new version but I found some more little bugs in the old version:

- Persians disband their two workers 1 turn after they spawn :eek:. So they have no workers at all.
- Japanese workboat sometimes spawns in a lake and can't move to the open sea.

Does the new version help the Egypt worker-AI against barbs? Have no time for testing atm... :(

Surtur said:
Well it's a bit late now because there is already a new version but I found some more little bugs in the old version:

- Persians disband their two workers 1 turn after they spawn :eek:. So they have no workers at all.
- Japanese workboat sometimes spawns in a lake and can't move to the open sea.

Does the new version help the Egypt worker-AI against barbs? Have no time for testing atm... :(

I had noticed the Persian worker issue as well. I just assumed a barbarian horse archer ate them :p

049b - test

I will write report of a fun-test-game with France:

I managed to settle 5 cities and area of historical France,
plus later I got barb Denmark by force :)

I had Astronomy in ca. 1350 and now in 1410 I head towards Canada...
I have just read that a civ has circumnavigated the Earth in this year...

Saladin is leader, as there are no nations around him:
no Greece, no Egypt, no Persia, no India!

Spain went to Western North-Africa in 1160,
Rome went to Algeria in North-Africa in 1250.

A German-French war broke out in around 1400...

SK's ideas on flips good.
Dale combat mod brilliant.

A discontinued? Only seeing B.

Issues w/ prior versions:
AI city placement too close together in Egypt (have screen)
Not enough space to build more than three cities in England. (expand)
Baltic misshapen (enlarge)
Caribbean and SE Asia worthless. Add resources decrease jungle.
Rome overpowered in human hands.
Barb invasion in 400AD v. cool.

Lurking more, comp having issues w/ longer posts.

Other comments on v46?
Did you like the naming system working for the first 5 civs?
Did you notice galleons marked with AI_SETTLER_SEA given to England, Spain and France?
Is the spawn bug really fixed?
Is the exit to main menu bug really fixed?
Is America OK now?
Does Egypt still fear barbarians?

Encourage the AI to expand by increasing the value of S. America in terms of resources! Trade w/ Caribbean (circa 18th cent) was more valuable than all the trade w/ N America, Canada, and Africa. Have data around here somewhere.

BUG: Can't play as Egypt for more than 5 turns w/out screen flashing black. Persistent bug (have had it on other versions), may be my machine
Other civs fine.

At work now, I'll give it a try later this afternoon (about three hours from now).

There are times I hate giving up on games in prior versions. This is just SOOOOO addicting. :)

Japan seems to be a good nation to start on, as there is on barb incursion, but settling a city in the south is tough in terms of production.

Rhye, in your vision of the game, were you foreseeing cities placed closer together than in regular Civ? Meaning, were you really planning on cities growing into the 20s.

Looks like the AI is using RCP a lot b/c of the new placement closeness. Probably not a good thing, but they are fitting into their proper places.

France cannot expand toward Nice. Always trapped up in N. France, Channel area.

I loaded up using RhyesCatapult_016Egypt.Civ4WorldBuilderSave and got insta defeated when playing as Egypt. Was silly. Same thing happened w/ other map. This is a tad better than my black flash mode :p

Trying the other method of loading mods.

Can we change some of the end result names? I'm tired of seeing Dan Quayle up there. Let potatoe go Firaxis, just let it go.

Aeon, you mean the AI France, I assume :)
For I could get my "Marseille"...

OK, I will try to check Rhye's questions about 049,
but now I am in a very, very exciting middle age war in Europe:

That trouble btw Germany and Russia in the early 1400s went to the favour of Germany
and then Peter asked me to join...
...I had plans of building up a good relation with Russia (as in IRL),
so I said yes, even though I hardly had any force to drop into the war.
But I had the tech Gunpowder!

Germany came swift and burnt my lands, captured Jelling...
Uhh...

I called in Rome, Spain to the Alliance, and now I think I can perhaps withstand,
rebuild my improvements and slowly get the edge, maybe :)
All I need is that the Alliance keeps on and on...
Spain has her fine UU horses :)

In the meantime:
it is 1545 now and Spain and England will have Astronomy in 2-4 turns...

Where download the latest version ?

I'm interested !

I was on ThroughTheAges which make an interesting aproach ...

Problem resolved

Top Bottom