Unknown SQL (?) Error (CTD)

Belzhorash

Warlord
Hello dear friends!
I ran into stupid confusement with my XML code so I converted it file by file manually to sql. Now it's clean and simple and kind of beautiful.
Also, I ran into a bug I can't find. The game just crashes to desktop (the XML version worked fine, though).

database.log shows some TXT_KEY errors - afaik that should not result in crashes.
lua.log doesn't show any error so I assume the game starting mechanism runs fine.

Here is a link to my mod (mod + art pack): http://1drv.ms/13eagel

Additional information:
- On mod setup the UI shows the correct civs, but with vanilla maps and vanilla civ name (I renamed the vanilla civs and deleted the rest, like FA does with Faerun)
- The mod is in German but I suppose that would not be a problem at all because the code itself is pretty self explanatory (I wanted to get it stable before translating to English)
- Running the SQL files on a loaded standalone copy of the Civ5CoreDatabase works fine, too.
- The mod changes civilizations, adds leaders, traits, units, buildings. Just 6 new civss to get a stable start so there is not sooo much code by now.

I don't expect you to find my bug, to be honest. I know you guys have a lot other things to do. But I appreciate every bit of help showing me the way to help myself (actually, I wouldn't mind if you found the bug ^^).

Thank you very much in advance!

Belzhorash.

PS: Cat tax for help ;)
http://i.imgur.com/F8NTEju.jpg

I have not much time today, but after briefly checks - why do you do some things in a "hard way"? ;]
I mean, you try to use some of original civs, then create additional tables, list those other many civs for future deletion, dropping and creating tables, etc. - all is so confusing :]
Why not just create one completely fresh and new civ (it's easier for debuging), and if it works then add additional ones. And finally add at the beginning of your code one simple SQL query that disables all default civs:
Code:
UPDATE Civilizations SET Playable=0, AIPlayable=0;

Why not both?
Thank you, you two!

@LeeS: You are right. Having only 6 civs enabled gets you a LeeS-Error, err, I mean, a CTD.

@Artisanix: I wanted to work around having to rewrite every Column like ArtStyle etc. But now I inserted my civs and it works like a charm.

Top Bottom