Europa Barbarorum II.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
The greatest game that has ever existed was released this past week after seven years of development.

Discuss. But only after playing the hell out of it for several nights straight.

I don't keep track of TW release dates. I suppose Rome 2 wasn't out yet before they started work on this one.

The link Mouthwash posted said:
When the Europa Barbarorum Team set out in 2007 to create the sequel to the award-winning mod, Europa Barbarorum I, few of us guessed what a long and winding road it would be from then to this moment.

Medieval II came out in 2006, and EB II started not long thereafter. If they'd switched to Rome 2's engine, it might not've been out until 2020! I've also heard that Rome 2/Empire/Shogun/Napoleon's engine is not as good for melee combat as Rome/Medieval II's was, so sticking with Medieval II may have been better regardless of time constraints.

** makes note to add to to-play list **

Is the MTW2 AI and combat system no longer abysmal?
If no, then I'll be sticking with FATW.

Is the MTW2 AI and combat system no longer abysmal?

They are using AI modpacks for the campaign, and I assume with every unit being made and tested over seven years, there have been improvements to the battle AI as well. Admittedly I've never played M2TW much, so I don't know how flexible it is for modders.

EDIT: They just released their first campaign AI for EBII. I guess they wanted to release the game and see how the campaign progressed for others before tinkering.

If no, then I'll be sticking with FATW.

What's FATW?

The AI for Medieval 2 is as moddable as the AI for Rome 1 is, I don't know exactly to what extent but it is actually moddable. Unlike Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, and Rome 2 (afaik) where modders can't actually directly mod the AI (contrary to Darth's claims about how amazing his AI work has been).

Top Bottom