Mount & Blade: Warband !!! Epic Game !!!

You need a certain amount of prestige (I think 100, but don't quote me on that) and relation with the King/leader of faction. Both amounts are higher for female characters.

After that, you go to the faction leader and offer to swear vassalage, upon which they give you some crap land.

Game difficulty really varies on where you start. I suggest not starting in the Khanate or Sultanate. Best area is probably Swadia.

Firstly, when you swear homage, you get a crappy village. So don't try to get a village.

you have 30 knights ? awesome :goodjob:

get another 30 archers / infantry, head out to the khergit castles, try to target ones close to the Vaegir border.

Even with 60-65 swadians, you can easily, kill around 100-130 khergit defenders.
By the way, you lady is a archer / melee fighter ?

get single hand weapon- double handed weapons-lance-sheild if you want some action close up.

Also, during the seige, ensure, you are the 3rd-4th guy to reach the enemy. that way, you can spam up your double handed weapon ..... click away to glory.

I have 204 renown or something just from a single contract with Swadia in a double war. Currently under contract in the Sultanate though, so I have to wait to go back to Swadia, with whom I have like ~16 or 19 reations with the king.

Most of my characters started in the Sultanate, that probably explains it.

My char is a melee for sure. Started with a horse and sword, ended up shifting to polearms as I can't aim with swords on horseback at all.

Most of my characters started in the Sultanate, that probably explains it.

My char is a melee for sure. Started with a horse and sword, ended up shifting to polearms as I can't aim with swords on horseback at all.

Bandits and such in the Sultanate and Khanate are more dangerous because they tend to include more cavalry.

Are you couching your polearm? I can't remember if auto-couch is enabled by default. Couched weapon damage is a lot higher.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I kept dying early on.

And...couch? Is that just readying the weapon before attacking? I haven't heard that term.

And...couch? Is that just readying the weapon before attacking? I haven't heard that term.

Its where you level the lance as the horse is running around. Just making impact (as opposed to having to thrust) will deal masssive damage. Its separate from regular attacking. It will inform you if you deal couched damage.

Does it apply to non-lance polearms as well?

I'm actually using a staff for blunt damage. :p

All of my men would just slaughter the enemy wholesale without any nice prisoners to ransom. Especially during that quest where I had to capture the spy and his accomplice alive. They kept killing them both.

There is a blunt jousting lance that can show up at a weapon merchant. Also you can order your men to only use blunt weapons (although this is usually their fists... so its probably best to only attack with your NPC heros after arming them with a club and yourself if you have to take someone alive. Leave the rest of your men standing ground in spawn.).

Good News: I got a fief.

Possible Bad News: I am independent.

Under my contract with the Sultan, the majority of Rhadok was taken. So I say to myself: "Why don't I just take the rest of it for myself?" I wasn't quite expecting this, but I actually managed to take a castle. Knights and Mamelukes highly effective it seems.

I should have a save from before I took the castle as well. So if it doesn't work out...

go the recruiter in the castle, and start getting men and train them up.
wait ! you were independent when you got the castle ?

so you are the king of your own kingdom ... congrats !

Yeah, I managed to take Yalen and the surrounding castles from the remnants of the Rhodoks as a simple merc company. Took a long time and quite a bit of luck. I then turned around and went back down to Jelkala when ~3 other factions dogpiled the bloated Sarranids (thanks to me they were bloated to begin with). Only hoping Swadia doesn't get any ideas. Their king likes me quite a bit, so... hopefully that will help.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/Media

Warband DLC "Viking Conquest" Announced!
VIKING CONQUEST | October 16, 2014
From the creators of the popular “Brytenwalda” mod, we present to you “Viking Conquest”, an upcoming DLC for Mount & Blade Warband! This single and multi player DLC brings Mount & Blade to historical Dark Age Britain, complemented by authentic scenes and cultures. The DLC a story mode with a complex plot, where choices have real consequences, as well as a standard sandbox mode in an all new setting, with expanded options and controls. Online battling also takes on its own flavour, with special modes like Coastal Assault and Warlord.

Screenshots

Brytenwalda is pretty damn good, so I have decently high hopes for this.

Hmm, I dunno. Aren't they working on M&B 2.0? Seems a bit late in the game for more dlc.

A couple of years? :cry:

Meh, lots of Viking mods are out already. Unless they add amazing new features, I don't really see much to be excited about.

Then again, I said the same of NW when it first came out. Now I've gone and lead my own regiment there, so I suppose anything's possible. :p

I have been playing Warband for some time now. Never managed to win the entire of Caldaria however.... Gets tougher towards the end :)

The Viking Conquest DLC is out, and I recommend holding off on it for now since it is not finished and definitely not ready for release. On the plus side, the Sp is mostly pretty solid and should be excellent when patched up. The MP is completely unfinished.

Top Bottom