How is your Victoria Game going?

That would be Catalonia.. who went on a colonization rampage.. and colonized the gold coast... (To the right of Liberia and between the two Dutch colonies there).

One of the weirder stories from history: the Heavenly Kingdom of Great Peace (Taiping Tianguo 太平天国), mid-19th century rebel Christian theocracy, led by one Hong Xiuquan, the Second Son of God and Younger Brother of Jesus Christ. After marching through Southern China from their initial base in Guangxi, they eventually captured Nanjing, China's southern capital, before attempting to march on Beijing; they were this close to overthrowing the Qing Dynasty. After the attack failed, the rebels withdrew to central China where they ruled a vast, rich area of the Lower Yangtze for the next decade or so. Hong brutally murdered any opponent of his regime; he also abolished private property, banned foot binding, simultaneously promoted both gender equality and gender segregation, reformed the calendar, outlawed opium, alcohol, tobacco, prostitution, gambling and polygamy, though Hong himself had like a hundred wives. In 1864 the Heavenly Kingdom was destroyed by the combined forces of the Qing Empire, Britain and France; Nanjing was razed to the ground and its inhabitants put to the sword, though the last of the Taiping would not be eradicated until 1871. The civil war (which was just one of many going on in China at that time) caused about 20 million deaths, the second worst conflict in all of human history. The Chinese Communist Party would later resurrect Hong Xiuquan's memory as a revolutionary forerunner and proto-communist.

That would be Catalonia.. who went on a colonization rampage.. and colonized the gold coast... (To the right of Liberia and between the two Dutch colonies there).

And what, may I ask, was the sequence of events that transpired to let Catalonia secede from France?

I think this was asked earlier, but what mod is that?

And what, may I ask, was the sequence of events that transpired to let Catalonia secede from France?

I think this was asked earlier, but what mod is that?

A) "Catalonial Patriot" rebels in Southern France I'm assuming? I wasn't paying much attention to France then a pop-up comes that says "Catalonia Rebels have enforced their demands in France: Release Catalonia" and they immediately were given enough prestige (through events) that they were a secondary power capable of colonization =\

B) The Pop Demand Mod

A) "Catalonial Patriot" rebels in Southern France I'm assuming? I wasn't paying much attention to France then a pop-up comes that says "Catalonia Rebels have enforced their demands in France: Release Catalonia" and they immediately were given enough prestige (through events) that they were a secondary power capable of colonization =\

I'm rather surprised they managed to succeed, but I guess they didn't really have to capture all that much.

The one thing I hate about the PDM map and the Sexicolors pack:

Austria and Siam are too white. They need to be a little darker.

Yeeah.. Have you downloaded the PDM mod yet? What do you think?

I have a version of it that I messed around with a bit, but I haven't played a full game. I like the addition of stock markets, several of the decisions like the breakup of the USCA, and so on. The Great Wars look amazing, and I put that code into my base Victoria game to try it out (technically, I'm still fighting one in my Scandinavia game, which I haven't touched in weeks). I don't know about the alternate routes to unification since I haven't tried them.

I have basically stopped playing Victoria until the game is either finally updated permanently to 1.4 or the expansion comes out. Combination of playing EU3, Minecraft, and real life prevent me from spending any significant amount of time on it.

Does anyone know how to setup a multiplayer game?

I really want to know this too.

All I know is the host has to unblock some of his/her ports (I don't know if every player has to do this though :\)

A fun thing to do would be a cfc vicky 2 MP game like the EU3 one.. :p But thats my opinion.

Just use Hamachi. It's really not that hard.

yeah I know you can use Hamachi but I never play MP so there's no point in downloading it :p

x-post

Everyone needs to be signed on to Hamachi and in the same playergroup for it to work.

I'd be willing if I could figure out how. And if I didn't suck at it.I suck at this.

Top Bottom