Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

I am a noob because I do not know the following.

Short key, or even how to (All thought I know it is possible.. probably some setting) to automate workers so that they leave the old improvments (I never automate them) They just do stupid stuff if you do

Short key for autoexplore. (Units only gets killed by barbs or other players if you auto explore or do other stupid stuff)

..what the producction focus, gold focus etc actually does in cities. I allways choose myself how tiles are worked. I mean if you dont (happend to me a few times) after population growth sometimes a city choose to work not enough food tiles (if unhappy) and u loose population.

Anything that has anything to do with what the AI does.. who wants to play AI?

How mods work.. or how you install and start one ( you cant play mods in MP)

hmm.. probably a lot more...

What's the highest level you won a game on Single player?

I haven't even beaten warlord on single player. I am no threat to you in this game. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for. Move along. Move along.

(Admittedly I have not even played single player civ5. I've now gotten about 30 games of multiplayer civ5 under my belt though!)

So oddly enough when I loaded my game, my newly built scout automatically moved southeast. I tried reloading and it happened again so I said screw it, but that was a little weird. Hope it doesn't happen if I need to fight a battle.

Just happened to me for the last turn. I didn't set to autoexplore my single unit and he moved north and came back to his initial tile. I lost a turn of exploring :(

I didn't try to reload.

Just happened to me for the last turn. I didn't set to autoexplore my single unit and he moved north and came back to his initial tile. I lost a turn of exploring :(

I didn't try to reload.

I'm not crazy after all!

Full disclosure - I know that you can set units to autoexplore and you can set them to autoimprove. I know how to do that and in fact I use that feature quite a bit during wars to set things to autoexplore and autoimprove to run away from attacks by other players. That's why I can usually out fast click most players. It's not reflexes, nor internet connectivity, it's just creative use of game features.

However, I was unaware of any way you could set units to autoexplore *BEFORE* they are built. This is what happened with my scout. It was newly built the turn that I loaded up the game and it automatically moved. This was after typing in the password, before I had even clicked anything else nor touched any keys after entering the password.

This does seem strange, in fact it seems similar to an experience a guy over at WePlayCiv was/is having. Although in his case the adviser menu would pop up after typing in his password, but only on turns where a new unit was finished. I'm not sure if he's still experiencing it, but we hypothesized that extra keystrokes might be getting carried over from the password dialog and triggering in-game commands.

I personally haven't experienced this and so I can't speculate much on what might be causing it. And while I can't rule out that it isn't somehow due to GMR, I can't think of anything we do that would affect the game like this. Perhaps it's a quirk relating to hotseat games :think:

I haven't even beaten warlord on single player. I am no threat to you in this game. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for. Move along. Move along.

(Admittedly I have not even played single player civ5. I've now gotten about 30 games of multiplayer civ5 under my belt though!)

And that's my first Multiplayer game,but I beated Emperor on Single Player . If you don't backstab me and spam settlers,we may protect each other ;)

And that's my first Multiplayer game,but I beated Emperor on Single Player . If you don't backstab me and spam settlers,we may protect each other ;)

I guess now people know we have guys staring each other across the Missouri river wondering who will blink first. I think you will find that I honor my treaties.

I guess now people know we have guys staring each other across the Missouri river wondering who will blink first. I think you will find that I honor my treaties.

I guess there is no secret diplomacy in hotseat game as in normal MP games. All diplomacy is exposed to the public.

I guess there is no secret diplomacy in hotseat game as in normal MP games. All diplomacy is exposed to the public.

PM me if you want to ally with me EEE ;)

PM me if you want to ally with me EEE ;)

That's strategically attractive, but tactically impossible as we are most likely very far away from each other. Some exclusive deals are definitely welcome but we will see if that fuels to the madness of Aztec Monty:lol:

This does seem strange, in fact it seems similar to an experience a guy over at WePlayCiv was/is having. Although in his case the adviser menu would pop up after typing in his password, but only on turns where a new unit was finished. I'm not sure if he's still experiencing it, but we hypothesized that extra keystrokes might be getting carried over from the password dialog and triggering in-game commands.

I personally haven't experienced this and so I can't speculate much on what might be causing it. And while I can't rule out that it isn't somehow due to GMR, I can't think of anything we do that would affect the game like this. Perhaps it's a quirk relating to hotseat games :think:

It happened to me again. I believe it does relate to typing in the password. Actually I believe it relates to before typing in the password. If you are not focused on the password field, then your keystrokes go into the game buffer or something silly like that. As soon as the password is typed then it brings you to the screen where your *#$# scout moves to the wrong spot again.

Yes I believe that is what's going on. If you're having trouble I would suggest just not using a password by setting your in-game password to blank on the website. After the security fix I made last week (which effectively encrypts other player's passwords when downloading a save file) there's really no reason to use one. I've been going "password-less" for about a week now with no issues. :)

So that's explain why my passwords disappear when I downloaded a save to play my turn .

So that's explain why my passwords disappear when I downloaded a save to play my turn .

Well, if you haven't set a password on the website then whatever password you try to set in the game will be overwritten. If you really want to have a password on your turn (even though it's no longer necessary) then you'll need to enter it on the website.

Wooo, this turn was fast, less than 12 hours. Hope we can make two turns in a day!

Well i'm rarely in front of my computer during supper time but it's the case today. I played 2 turns in less than 5 hours!

So without revealing too much information... China's Capitol is St. Petersburg? And apparently now that I look, Gao which was suppose to be the Songhai Capitol is a subjugated vassal state. I guess the civ selections and colors weren't the only thing that got screwed up.

Gao isn't a subjugated vassel state yet,but as soon as I build my devilsh army of Elephants,It'll be :devil:

Top Bottom