Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Wii U and 3DS

What if Ridley is too big? :mischief:

In all seriousness though it would be nice to see a second character from Metroid, especially Ridley, as a playable character.

Hooray! Just what the game needed, a character almost nobody knows and even fewer people will play.

I was born after the NES/SNES era and I even know who he is. If you haven't played a Punch-Out series, it's an amazing fighting/puzzle game hybrid that is 100% unique in terms of gameplay. I don't think any game gives me as much adrenaline when I play it, especially when you get to the harder levels.

Obligatory gameplay video:

Link to video.

As a Punch-Out fan, and as a boxing fan, he was probably my second most wanted character in SSB4, with only Metwo returning being higher.

I highly suggest you get the 2009 Wii version, or at least get an emulator of the NES version/buy it off the VC. I think you'd better understand why lots of people want him.

Hooray! Just what the game needed, a character almost nobody knows and even fewer people will play.

Didn't stop them from adding Ness, Ice Climbers, Marth, Captain Falcon, and Dr. Mario who everyone loves to play as.

I'm starting to think I'm not getting my Alexandra Roivas wish.

Adding Marth and Roy in Melee helped lead Fire Emblem to have releases in USA and Europe. If a character is not known well outside circles then Super Smash Bros helps to give our the word of the character; we in Europe had for some time only interacted with Ness via Smash Bros as oppose to Earthbound itself, untill it finally got released in Europe via the Wii U VC.

Nobody (outside Japan) knew who Marth or Roy was before Melee and look what happened there.

Hell, I didn't know who Snake was before Brawl and 5-6 years later I've played through every last MGS game there is.

May I also add people who were introduce to Kirby from Smash? That should also be a consideration of joy! :)

I wouldn't have bought pikmin if it wasn't for SSB

Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy. People on Smashboards are taking the opportunity to trashtalk his supporters - and the mods are dealing out infractions to people because of it. :smug:

I was neutral on Waluigi as playable because I wanted Toad more, but all in all I'm glad he's at least continuing to be acknowledged by Sakurai as an AT, as that's a lot more than most characters have gotten, especially two games in a row.

Waluigi is completely unnecessary as a PC especially as has little to no relevance as far as Nintendo is concerned. There's at least 25 other characters that deserve inclusion more than he does.

Top Bottom